New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

I'm sick and tired of hearing about and seeing Royals resiliency, how about US showing some freaking resiliency?!

In fairness, the Mets have shown a lot of resiliency this season.  They never get this far if they hadn't.

But hopefully Sandy goes out and gets a hitter or two that can make contact...if there's one problem with the Met offense (and this has been a recurring them under Sandy), it's that they have way too many guys who are strikeout-prone...and some (most notably Flores and Lagares) are not terribly great at getting on base either. 

Loser could only dream of getting a hit like that.

And that's it, probably game and series over now since we'll never score on the mighty Royals pen.

C'mon...even if they lose tonight (and this game ain't over yet), it's way too early for "the series is over" sh!t. 

81 pitches for deGrom and one missed swing.  I guess they really do hit power arms well.

C'mon...even if they lose tonight (and this game ain't over yet), it's way too early for "the series is over" sh!t. 

The offense has completely regressed to July level and let's face it the NL teams we beat aren't a patch on this Royals team either.  They really had to get a split in the first two games once they had Harvey/deGrom set up for them.

This is like the 2012 Finals where a long layoff and a couple of early losses ruin the party quick.

Edited by NJDevs4978

We're not in the Royals league here. Now we'll start hacking at 3-1 pitches 2 feet outside (cespedes)

Cespedes, Wright, Duda, Conforto and his 0-18 or whatever, Travis...can you have confidence in ANYONE this side of Granderson and Murphy right now?  

Edited by NJDevs4978

I have never seen a team make contact like this. The Royals just don't K.

Yeah, just shows that all of the sabermetricians who insist strikeouts aren't a big deal don't know what they're talking about.  There's something to be said for being able to put the ball in play.

This team really is the mirror image of the late 90s, 2000 Yankees. They're too clutch for us, they make absurd contact and dont K, rarely make errors, get the majority of breaks

That's it, we've hit a wall. Our starting pitching has been figured out and we have no hope. There is nothing we can do

I've seen this before. Only we're the cubs and they're the Mets.

I think well they can't possibly sweep us, but how can I give us the edge in the next two games?  MAYBE Game 3 if Ventura blows up?  But how can I have confidence in Noah after seeing them destroy our co-aces AND Familia?  They're kryptonite to our heat.  And Matz against Cy Young in Game 4?

lol well that's it our one chance to get a baserunner goes by the boards.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The Mets pitchers don't come up and in and make hitters uncomfortable. This game is a different story. There is no strike zone. You throw a pitch right down the middle and it's a ball forget it. It's over.

What do you think, every successful pitcher is just throwing up and in all of the time?  Not everyone does that.  And again, easy to forget how little experience these guys have collectively...maybe you see more of that next year.

What do you think, every successful pitcher is just throwing up and in all of the time?  Not everyone does that.  And again, easy to forget how little experience these guys have collectively...maybe you see more of that next year.

Except this is the world series and your getting your ass pounded. The manager pitchin coach someone has to say we need to get these guys off their game. Hit one of them in the numbers...

Yeah, that'll accomplish a lot.  If anything, that will probably fire up the Royals more than they already are.  Want to back off a hitter or two, I get that, but hitting a Royal because they're outplaying the Mets is stupid.

Yeah, that'll accomplish a lot.  If anything, that will probably fire up the Royals more than they already are.  Want to back off a hitter or two, I get that, but hitting a Royal because they're outplaying the Mets is stupid.

Yeah I kind of agree...the Royals if anything are the most hypersensitive team to that bs, starting with the guy pitching in Game 3 (Ventura), he'll REALLY go head hunting if we start up with them.  I get pitching inside but it's not like they're hitting HR's left and right, they're contact hitters.  Trying to back them off the plate isn't going to get them antsy and start hacking at pitches.

Edited by NJDevs4978