New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

I loved me some Cal Ripken more than anybody growing up. But that dude is annoying the piss out of me right now.

I'd seriously rather have one of the YES guys in the booth with Ronnie and Ernie  :P

Colon's only the second oldest pitcher to go three up three down with K's?  How dissapointing :)

Edited by NJDevs4978

I realize it's late... but why go to a playoff game if you're not staying to get what you paid for?

I mean it's a weekday getting out of NY either driving or on trains that don't run too much later than now (at least not the NJ Transit ones).  I get it ideally you're staying for the whole game but in a blowout I can't really blame people for getting an early head start.

Of course Goodell trying his best to make it interesting and have us warm up the better relievers anyway.  I would have just gone Clippard for the ninth to try to give him a confidence inning the way we did with Reed.

Okay they need to just yank this Goodell now, if he can't hold a nine run lead.

So the Mets could already have their berth into the NLCS with this win. Tomorrow will be a huge day for the Mets. I guarantee Matz will be better than Harvey. The kid is sick and shines on the big stage. The bats gotta to get to Kershaw on 3 days rest.

wow wow wow WOW! So happy, so elated to be proven wrong. This team was absolutely on a mission today. Just a single minded ruthless offensive juggernaut. Harvey did not have his best stuff when we needed it. He but us behind early and walked a tightrope but got out of there without getting knocked out. Classic C- effort. The bare minimum. That 2nd inning was just wretched, they were on EVERY PITCH 

What can you say about Granderson. Against a lefty no less! Spectacular job. d'Arnaud (who has looked horrible this postseason) with a HUGE home run. Cespedes with a HR. Just a total offensive rampage

Shame Goeddel couldn't hold that 9 run 9th inning lead. No reason we should be using Familia tonight but...gotta make sure this one is sealed so I'm not going to get on Terry for bringing him in

Duda and Wright doing about what I expected of them so far:  a combined 3-for-21 (.143 BA), 0 HR, 2 RBI (off Wright's lone hit in this series...obviously it was a biggie), 11 K. 

It's funny '7', re:  Harvey, in that you are right...he did just enough not to get ripped in the media or by fans, especially with the offense making his rather disappointing performance a non-issue.  And he got the win to boot. 

Agree that TC was right to bring in Familia...but I would've just gone with Colon for as long as possible.  If he had gone 4 IP and allowed 4 runs or so, so what?  He's capable of throwing more than 26 pitches. 

Really hope the Mets finish this tonight...Greinke feels like Mike Scott...but the Dodgers might feel the same way about deGrom.

And re:  Kershaw on 3 days' rest, he's done it twice in the playoffs, and his numbers in each were good (though of course he gave up the three-run bomb against the Cards last year to a lefty):  6 IP and 2 R (0 ER) in the first game, and 6 IP and 3 ER in the other...and one can argue that Mattingly might have gone a little too far with him in the second game. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I was up in 537, great seats, although you lose parts of the outfield up there. Absolutely amazing atmosphere, the place was rocking from minute 1 to the end. It was so loud after the Cespedes HR they probably heard it over in the Bronx lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

Duda and Wright doing about what I expected of them so far:  a combined 3-for-21 (.143 BA), 0 HR, 2 RBI (off Wright's lone hit in this series...obviously it was a biggie), 11 K. 

It's funny '7', re:  Harvey, in that you are right...he did just enough not to get ripped in the media or by fans, especially with the offense making his rather disappointing performance a non-issue.  And he got the win to boot. 

Agree that TC was right to bring in Familia...but I would've just gone with Colon for as long as possible.  If he had gone 4 IP and allowed 4 runs or so, so what?  He's capable of throwing more than 26 pitches. 

Really hope the Mets finish this tonight...Greinke feels like Mike Scott...but the Dodgers might feel the same way about deGrom.

And re:  Kershaw on 3 days' rest, he's done it twice in the playoffs, and his numbers in each were good (though of course he gave up the three-run bomb against the Cards last year to a lefty):  6 IP and 2 R (0 ER) in the first game, and 6 IP and 3 ER in the other...and one can argue that Mattingly might have gone a little too far with him in the second game. 

I think they may be trying to save Colon as much as they can for today in case Matz sputters. Now granted, he's a starter but does strike me as the rubber arm type, otherwise how could he be in the majors at 40+ and obese?

I was up in 537, great seats, although you lose parts of the outfield up there. Absolutely amazing atmosphere, the place was rocking from minute 1 to the end. It was so loud after the Cespedes HR they probably heard it over in the Bronx lol.

Awesome Dog.  Glad you got to see a win.  More than makes up for the Dolphin debacle I imagine.

Cespedes is the Mets' Roy Hobbs. 

And speaking of The Natural...it will always be watchable, but the baseball part is hard to take at times...with the exception of Hobbs' "tore the cover off the ball" triple, he's either striking out on three swinging strikes or hitting a 600-ft home run.  Could he maybe hit a single or a double at times?  Or ground or pop out? 

Awesome Dog. Glad you got to see a win. More than makes up for the Dolphin debacle I imagine.

Cespedes is the Mets' Roy Hobbs.

And speaking of The Natural...it will always be watchable, but the baseball part is hard to take at times...with the exception of Hobbs' "tore the cover off the ball" triple, he's either striking out on three swinging strikes or hitting a 600-ft home run. Could he maybe hit a single or a double at times? Or ground or pop out?

Yeah between the Dolphin debacle and the Devs' home opener, it was nice to witness the desired outcome for once lol. Part of me wishes Utley got an at-bat last night... Oh man would that have been a scene...

You didnt try and catch a certain flyball in the 9th did you MadDog?

Haha no sir, left in the bottom of the 8th to get the 12:30 train with the outcome well in hand... Got home at 2, so today hasn't exactly been a productive day at work lol.

Our Clayton Kershaw vs the "real" Clayton Kershaw... how many times this offseason was Steven Matz compared to Clayton Kershaw? Too many to count... so what better way for him to make his playoff debut then against Clayton Kershaw...

Baseball is a streaky game with streaky players. It looks like 2 monsters got woken up last night. Though, Cespedes did homer the game before he didn't have the dominance at the plate he did last night. I thought he was going to kill a fan with those liners into the stands... and TdA... we've seen him get hot and tear it up, too...

There is no way TC can change this lineup tonight. Even Flo and J-Lags broke off a little something in the Dodgers ass!

LET'S GO METS!

Edited by capo

No real change to the lineup other than D'Arnaud going up to 5 and Duda down to 6, other than that same order from Game 3. No Utley in the Dodger lineup either (or Rollins)...they are starting Puig though.

I didn't even realize if the Cubs beat the Cards and we advance, the Mets would get homefield for the LCS - I may jump on LCS Game 6 and/or Game 7 tickets on StubHub if the Cubs win today just in case - right now prices are in the high $300's but they'd only jump from there.  And all the home games would be on the weekend.

Edited by NJDevs4978