New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

That's just it they don't have to trade him... the twins had their backs against the wall a bit with Santana. Harvey would be huge because of those 3 years. I'm not saying you go after prospects, although they would also have to pull that teams best prospect but also that teams potentially best hitter. You can ask for that because you don't have to trade him. We also have to face the truth that in no world is Harvey a Met in 3 years. So... why not maximize the opportunity?

lol Cespedes can make a laser throw from centerfield but throws a lollipop from left, game over after Prado makes Clippard do two days' worth of work in one AB.

A lollipop? That was an incredible throw to go up and catch that ball the way he did and get off a throw at all. On the line none the less. Clippard is the goat here.

TC has to us Nieuwenhuis to try to stay out of the dp. Plus he's got pop... then he goes and pull TDA for Recker anyway. He's just a joke...

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/matt-harvey-mets-playoffs/

Another twist in the Harvey saga...a hastily constructed article on the Players' Tribune where Harvey says he will pitch in the playoffs.  I guess he was saving the scoop for himself when he was dancing around it yesterday :P

Of course the Mets are no guarantee to make the playoffs at this point.

Edited by NJDevs4978

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/matt-harvey-mets-playoffs/

Another twist in the Harvey saga...a hastily constructed article on the Players' Tribune where Harvey says he will pitch in the playoffs. I guess he was saving the scoop for himself when he was dancing around it yesterday :P

Of course the Mets are no guarantee to make the playoffs at this point.

His image has taken a big hit. The only way people will look past this is if he puts a ring on it... I have to admit I don't like the guy. I'm rooting for the name on the front. I hope he does well because that means the Mets are doing well. But, this dude is a prima dona in the worst kind of way.

Can't kill Clip...guy has been very good overall since being dealt here.  

What kind of sucks is that if the Mets lose today, it's suddenly going to feel like it's the Mets chasing the Nationals...and it's really hard to imagine Niese getting the better of a pitching matchup with Scherzer (even with Max not really pitching well as of late). 

And if the Braves suddenly come to life against the Mets, though nothing at all can be done about it, and it's really on the Mets to just beat them, it's still aggravating as hell that it will be obvious yet again that the Braves decided to lay down against a team that the Mets were in a dogfight with. 

Re:  Harvey...damage is already done...words are cheap.  Only thing that matters now is results.  If the Mets blow this thing, he'll get his fair share of the blame even if he pitches well, because people will wonder how much this crap was a distraction.  If the Mets go deep in the playoffs and Harvey pitches well, then I think he'll be forgiven, but he's lost something that I don't think he'll ever get back as long as he's here (and I cap that at three years max). 

And it would be nice if Wright drove in some runs in key situations this series...it's about fvcking time David. 

David fvcking Wright. Nope, you couldn't possibly get a hit there. Setting your loser tone.

And I know Murph and Cespedes didn't get it done either, but at least they HAVE gotten it done. Wright never does.

Jon fvcking Niese. Done with you. fvcking loser. You really are gutless. Even with your good runs. Turd.

Niese delivers the typical gutless outing we all expected of him. He really needs to be off this team. Rather have Bartolo back next year instead of this piece of human trash. 3-0 lead...one infield dribbler and he falls apart. Human trash