New York Mets 2015 Season Thread

'7'

Finally getting some runs off of a crap pitcher. And the guys we need to get going came through. Duda and Wright (and Cespedes with a sac fly) he crushed a pitch earlier that was caught at the wall as well

Maybe it's like Joe and Evan said on the morning show, the Mets might have actually needed to get away from Citi Field for a while given the fans' irrational tension seemed to be rubbing off on the players.

Magic number down to three. Hopefully that puts an end to any absurd tension anyone felt about this team. This was never in jeopardy.

And the Nats give up an inside the park GRAND SLAM?!  Goddamn...that kind of sh!t didn't even happen to our team the past six seasons.  That's just...holy sh!t...

And now that the Mets are back playing in bandboxes on the road, the offense is back. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Nice game for Duda...just sucks knowing that he won't do anything like this come playoff time.

And now Grandy...another ballpark that's jus a nightmare for pitchers...makes what Noah's done that much more impressive.

This doesn't look good for Uribe.

Well the pitching will be much MUCH tougher. I can't imagine Lucas doing anything vs Kershaw or any lefty out of the pen

But this was definitely a "get well" type of game for the offense. A complete massacre. And Syndergaard has been just brilliant against a good lineup.

In their current form. the Mets can definitely fatten up on bad teams with the best of 'em. I can see the Dodgers winning a series against them fairly easily, but at least they're going to make the playoffs and have a shot. For that fact alone, I couldn't be happier.

Magic number down to two. Soon to be one. Can't imagine what the Nats are feeling...that team was supposed to be a Series contender. Such an utter failure of a season for them.

Reds setting off fireworks for pulling to within 11 runs.

Think Noah really wanted a shot at a CG SO...he seems pissed.

And of course O'Flaherty can't strand Syndergaard's runner. I know this is exactly the kind of time a guy like O'Flaherty is supposed to pitch, but I'd rather see ANYONE on the mound other than O'Flaherty. The guy just has fvcking nothing going on.

And Parnell promptly gives up a hit. Make that two hits. fvcking zilch.

Lol at Parnell. I will be so glad when he's gone. He's a tie to the Loser Brigade.

I think the ump felt sorry for Bobby on that call. Just the sight of him on the mound makes me sick.

Dodgers getting whupped 7-1 in Colorado in the 5th. But we know how games can change out there...

Oaf, Bobby, Stauff...goddamn. The three of you just needed to get four fvcking outs. I know you're the D team, but geez...

And now a B team reliever has to finish up.

Yeah, not a real big Harvey guy at this point. The whole thing has just been very annoying. At least none of this crap derailed the team, but he'd better not implode in the playoffs. There will definitely be fans who will hold that against him.

As for Duda, he's a guy who can beat up on bad pitching, but come playoff time I won't be remotely shocked if he promptly disappears (along with Wright).

At least Wright is showing some signs of home run power (even if it's garbage time).

No negative words...these guys answered every challenge this season. Some insisted on trying to shoehorn 2007 into this season every chance they got, but this team couldn't be further removed from that one. 40-19 in their last 59 games (after they win this game). They never gave the Nats a chance after sweeping them...the race was never close. Congratulations to the 2015 Mets...this is a great great day.

And I love that Familia is getting this "closing" opportunity...just the symbolism of it.

Guess we have to get just a little drama, lol.

Time for some exciting October baseball!

The next seven games are going to be a crawl, lol. Though they're still playing for home field.

Agree Has. I'm not a huge fan of either TC or Wright, but it's impossible not to be happy for them and every guy on that team.

The next seven games are going to be a crawl, lol. Though they're still playing for home field.

I may actually get into the race for home field, if only cause the first two games are Friday and Saturday so I'd be more likely to say fvck it and go, find tickets on the secondary market than I would for midweek Games 3-4

It's pretty important...in a way it's not a bad thing to still be in a race...keep everyone mentally sharp and focused.

It's funny...after a day like this, you wonder how these guys could possibly get up to play a game tomorrow.

And the poor Nats...they're stuck in extra innings (12)...the last place they probably want to be right now is still on the field.

And for anyone who's seen The Sandlot (sure everyone here has)...man does Michael Cuddyer look like a grown-up Timmy Timmons. Scarily so.