Season ticket renewals for next year

Satans Hockey

I can't speak for everyone, but my prices went down last year something like $4-5 per game. My prices for next season only went back up about $2 per game, so I'm not really complaining, still less than a couple years ago.

Personally speaking, it gives me something to do during the Winter months. And if they're in a good position in the Spring, even better. Luckily, a bad season doesn't carry through past April, when I actually go out, make plans, have less free time. 

I don't know, just speaking for myself, but for the price they are, it's still a no-brainer for a single 25-35 y/o guy who works in Lower Manhattan. I understand why some people are frustrated at the price hikes, people with familes and people who have to really go out of their way to get to games, but I'm probably renewing. 

It would be a no-brainer for me, too, if mine had only gone up $2 per game. But $7 per ticket, which for me is $14 per game, is pretty steep.

It would be a no-brainer for me, too, if mine had only gone up $2 per game. But $7 per ticket, which for me is $14 per game, is pretty steep.

Yeah, I agree, that's pretty steep. I'd be pissed too. Like I said, I'm one of the luckies whose tickets went down last year, and whose spike is only $2. I understand why a lot of other people are pissed.

Yup and I think it's 5 percent if you pay in full by the end of March. I haven't decided if I'm going to do it or not yet. I normally just do the 12 month plan

My tickets went up 5% so that 10% sounds great, thanks. I didn't get to look through the renewal package yet.

So according to soneone on HF apparently the new terms include a threat to revoke your season tickets without a refund if you sell more than five (yes, 5) games next year.

Can someone verify? If true the Devils can go scratch.

If true then no more tickets for me. I live in Ocean County so obviously I am going to miss a ton of games.

I will say this much, the last 3 games I went to was from tickets I got off of Stubhub.  When people before and after me had their tickets scanned at the gates, they got the green OK check mark on the usher's portable scanner.  When they scanned mine, I got a yellow check mark and a slightly different chime from the scanner.  I wonder if they are actually tracking and identifying the tickets that are re-sold this way.

I will say this much, the last 3 games I went to was from tickets I got off of Stubhub. When people before and after me had their tickets scanned at the gates, they got the green OK check mark on the usher's portable scanner. When they scanned mine, I got a yellow check mark and a slightly different chime from the scanner. I wonder if they are actually tracking and identifying the tickets that are re-sold this way.

Were they paper tickets or hard copies? Maybe the scanner's just different for both. I can't imagine how they could tell if a hard copy was sold on SH.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Were they paper tickets or hard copies? Maybe the scanner's just different for both. I can't imagine how they could tell if a hard copy was sold on SH.

Paper tickets, but I saw others with paper tickets getting the green check mark.

Hugh Weber at it again

He could save your family from a burning house fire and you would still hate him.

So according to soneone on HF apparently the new terms include a threat to revoke your season tickets without a refund if you sell more than five (yes, 5) games next year.

Can someone verify? If true the Devils can go scratch.

I can't imagine this would be the case. Has any other pro team done this? 50 percent of the games I can at least understand even if I don't agree with it but 5? That's bullsh!t. Edited by Satans Hockey

Yeah it's easy for them to track paper tickets considering it has the SH/TE logo on it.

I guess they really are putting their money where their mouths are with tracking STH's who sell their tickets online.

The whole 5 game rule, if true, is dumb.  It's your tickets you should do as you please.  If the Devils were a hot ticket, I can maybe see that the Devils have a point and want to protect the STH value, but they aren't  I know many STH's who tell me all the time that if they have to sell a game they can't make they are taking a loss on it.

I have friends who are Rangers season ticket holders and they sell off any games they want with no issues from the front office. The Devils act like they can afford to lose season ticket holders and that there is waiting list for season tickets. It's a complete joke. They promote you can sell games on ticket exchange yet you actually can't, it's unreal.

Sure getting rid of the real brokers, you know people who have an entire row in a section is one thing but to do this nonsense to fans who have a few seats and give their hard earned money to watch this putrid team is a complete joke. fvcking sick of it.

How does the team even know who is selling their tickets? For example if I print out my tickets so I can email them or hand them to family or friends to use do they count it as being sold? Because also you can print the tickets out and than upload it to stubhub but at the same time you don't have to list your seat numbers so how do they even know they were sold on stubhub?