1995 Stanley Cup Red-White Alumni Game

GoArmySports

That's pretty much the entire team minus Nieds, Richer, Zelepukin and no surprise Broten.

$50 is steep for GA and I really wonder if there will be any left after the STH pre-sale, especially since it will be in the practice rink.  I am not getting my hopes up too high on getting tickets.

It's being reported all over Twitter and FB that the pre-sale for STH for this game sold out within 20 minutes.  Needless to say this is a hot ticket.  I also think this will be a case where more than a few people bought way more than they needed so they can play amateur ticket broker and resell these for quite a profit.  I am looking forward to see who just happens to have a lot of "extras" for this laying around.

Also the Devils really dropped the ball by having this in the practice rink.  I know that there is a concert that day in the main arena but both of these events took many months of planning so it is not like the Devils could have left the 7th open so for alumni game when they were planning them both.  I also know they make a lot of money from concerts but is Charlie Wilson (whom I had to look up to see he was part of The Gap Band) and does he really draw a crowd?  I can imagine that this alumnai game would fill the main arena much quicker than Charlie Wilson and would have a bigger turnout than even Tuesday's game.  The practice rink can maybe fit 1,000 people if they have standing room and even that means only about 1 out of every 10 season ticket holders would be able to get a ticket.  This event was poorly planning from the beginning and it looks like this is a still lingering issue with this team.

With all these issues I am not even going to bother with this game though I did want to go.

The presale actually started 7:45 AM, though the Devils' email said 8 the site itself said 7:45.

You're only supposed to be able to buy four with one account so most would only be able to get a couple extras max for scalping purposes.

Why not just put this game in Atlantic City or Trenton? Unless there's an event there too. It would have been more fun at Izod but I suppose dealing with the NJSEA is a nonstarter.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The presale actually started 7:45 AM, though the Devils' email said 8 the site itself said 7:45.

You're only supposed to be able to buy four with one account so most would only be able to get a couple extras max for scalping purposes.

Apparently a couple of guys are claiming on FB that they were able to get more than 4 because they used 2 credit cards each with different names and the system allowed them to buy 2 sets of 4 tickets per account as they split the seats.

Regardless this should have never been held at the practice rink.  This event and the Charlie Wilson concert were months in the making but the Devils figured to make Charlie Wilson the priority.  I can imagine if held in the main arena would completely sell out the arena.  I'd rather watch them than this year's team.

I didn't get anything. Really unfair that these went on sale at 745am. I tried at 8am and couldn't get anything. Anyone think they will at least stream the game? Is there a general on sale to the public time too so we can try again?

Apparently the sale to the non-STH starts at noon today.  Thousands will be scrambling to get whatever few tickets the Devils probably held back during the STH pre-sale.  Therefore consider yourself extremely lucky if neither the site crashes or it sells out in under a minute or both happens.

Apparently the sale to the non-STH starts at noon today. Thousands will be scrambling to get whatever few tickets the Devils probably held back during the STH pre-sale. Therefore consider yourself extremely lucky if neither the site crashes or it sells out in under a minute or both happens.

Do you know the link for that? Id like to go but if they said they were streaming the game I would be fine saving the money. Completely agree with you about the Devils screwing this up.

Do you know the link for that? Id like to go but if they said they were streaming the game I would be fine saving the money. Completely agree with you about the Devils screwing this up.

I am not sure but I think it's in here somewhere:

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=751817&navid=DL|NJD|home

I am not even going to attempt the general sale.  I'll just watch the streaming feed.

Apparently a couple of guys are claiming on FB that they were able to get more than 4 because they used 2 credit cards each with different names and the system allowed them to buy 2 sets of 4 tickets per account as they split the seats.

Regardless this should have never been held at the practice rink.  This event and the Charlie Wilson concert were months in the making but the Devils figured to make Charlie Wilson the priority.  I can imagine if held in the main arena would completely sell out the arena.  I'd rather watch them than this year's team.

I think you're overreacting a little. The Rock is one of the busiest arenas in the country. I don't think anyone on the Devils decided to "make Charlie Wilson the priority". The date was just left open and whoever schedules for the arena scheduled something. They probably should have reserved the day, but this game is a much bigger draw now with Brodeur potentially being a part of it, and that was probably not on the table at the time this was scheduled. 

Additionally, who knows when they actually decided to have an alumni game. Maybe that date was already long gone before they even had the players for it. 

I think you're overreacting a little. The Rock is one of the busiest arenas in the country. I don't think anyone on the Devils decided to "make Charlie Wilson the priority". The date was just left open and whoever schedules for the arena scheduled something. They probably should have reserved the day, but this game is a much bigger draw now with Brodeur potentially being a part of it, and that was probably not on the table at the time this was scheduled. 

Additionally, who knows when they actually decided to have an alumni game. Maybe that date was already long gone before they even had the players for it. 

If they can reserve and have the arena open for that Rangers/Devils/Islanders all star team versus the Russian all-star team a couple years back, then they could have done that with this game.  This game would be a huge draw with or without Brodeur so I do not buy that part.

Also I doubt they planned this a month or even a couple months ago.  This was planned probably a year in advance as they needed to pick a date when all these players are free.

I think the practice arena was initially much better idea. Hard to gauge what the attendance would be for an alumni game, and fortunately (unfortunately?) with Brodeur retiring and returning for this weekend, that probably triples or quadruples interest in this game.

While Brodeur does increase the interest, I think this would be a huge seller without him as well.  Even that Sandy relief game drew a few thousand people and that only had a handful of Devils on it.  Did they really think this game, with about 90% of the 95 team attending, would draw less than that?  I don't buy that thinking.

Do you know if the game is definitely going to be streaming? Cause I would much rather just watch the game that waste my money and would rather not deal with a general admission packed crowd.

Do you know if the game is definitely going to be streaming? Cause I would much rather just watch that the spend my money and would rather not deal with a general admission packed crowd.

Anyone interested in 1 ticket for the VIP package?  Price is $497.50, it includes the following:

• Reserved premium tickets to the Alumni Game and one VIP parking pass
  • 60-minute “Meet and Greet” with the players from the 1994-95 team
  • Reebok premier jersey with 20th Anniversary commemorative patch

I want to go, but unfortunately need to buy multiples of 2 tickets.

If anyone is interested please DM me or email me at 3devilscups@gmail.com