Stan Fischler Just Suggested Marty Should Go To Rags

TheMazz

Right on today's 2nd intermission report for the NJD/Toronto game. Stan Fischler, the old buzzard, actually had the balls, on TV, LIVE TV, to mention that the Rangers should poach Martin Brodeur out of retirement to play for the Rags while Hank is out.

My mind is blown. I just heard the stupidest thing, ever on television.

Apparently grandpa Simpson isn't alone in this thinking:

http://www.silive.com/rangers/index.ssf/2015/02/poll_should_the_henrik_lundqvist-less_rangers_lure_martin_brodeur_out_of_retirement.html

Right on today's 2nd intermission report for the NJD/Toronto game. Stan Fischler, the old buzzard, actually had the balls, on TV, LIVE TV, to mention that the Rangers should poach Martin Brodeur out of retirement to play for the Rags while Hank is out.

My mind is blown. I just heard the stupidest thing, ever on television.

Apparently grandpa Simpson isn't alone in this thinking:

http://www.silive.com/rangers/index.ssf/2015/02/poll_should_the_henrik_lundqvist-less_rangers_lure_martin_brodeur_out_of_retirement.html

That was one of the dumbest things I've heard in a while. On what world does it seem possible that Marty would come out of retirement to play for the Rangers? I'm positive that no matter how badly Marty wanted to keep playing, that he would never entertain the thought of playing for either of the Rangers or Flyers. There's only a couple teams in our division that I think he'd even think for a second about playing for. Maybe Columbus, Carolina or Pittsburgh, but I sincerely doubt he'd ever play any of the 3 local teams in the Rangers, Flyers or Islanders.

I think it's worth it to make a serious discussion about the practicality of it. However, considering that Lundqvist is only out for three weeks, I don't think Marty would find it worth it to come out of retirement, and join his hated rival for what would be maybe three starts. Especially knowing that after the three weeks are up he is 100% out of a job.

The real funny thing, is that if Elliot had stayed injured, Marty would probably be like 8-3 right now with how hot the Blues are and how well they are playing in front of their goalies. Not much has really been required of Allen in the time since Marty left, and he is just swallowing up easy wins.

Edited by Neb00rs

Fischler is an idiot.

Marty has said multiple times in the past that he would never play for the Rangers.

i could never imagine him ever wanting or having any desire what so ever to go do anything with that organization. I know this is a business for these players and they go where the money is but it is pretty much known that marty hates that organization as well. Our fans would never forgive him and the rags fans would never want any part of him, keep talking out of your ass old man.

He's a sh!t stirrer and always will be one. Rags have Talbot and all he has to do is be average for a month and they will be fine.

bottom line is that the reason Marty is still with the Blues org is that if they run unto the injury bug again with goaltending Brodeur will simply leave his advisory/whatever token position he has and come back to the ice. So why go to the Rags when Brodeur can still hang on as "plan C" for Stl.

Edited by '7'

Fischer is a goofball but he didn't a suggest Marty should go to the rags, he said "wouldn't it be something to see Marty in a ranger uniform... Could it happen?"

He's just trying to make headlines and get attention. At this point MSG just puts him on once a week to ramble and speculate based in nothing.

Fischer is a goofball but he didn't a suggest Marty should go to the rags, he said "wouldn't it be something to see Marty in a ranger uniform... Could it happen?"

He's just trying to make headlines and get attention. At this point MSG just puts him on once a week to ramble and speculate based in nothing.

the guy made himself look like a horses ass to anyone who heard him say that...i dont think that would be the kind of attention someone would be looking for..makes himself sound stupid with a comment suggesting something like this

I have no problem with what he did with the Blues. I'd never forgive him if it was the Rangers.

I used to work in a store in the Short Hills Mall near where a lot of the players live. Bobby Holik came in one Spring, when he was about to go free agent. I told him I understand if you need to leave and go for the money, I understand. But don't sign with the Rangers, or you aren't allowed to shop here anymore.

He then signed with the Rangers. When he came back, I refused to wait on him, and my manager had to help him. He thought it was funny, I guess he didn't think I was serious the first time.

Edited by mfitz804

I have no problem with what he did with the Blues. I'd never forgive him if it was the Rangers.

I used to work in a store in the Short Hills Mall near where a lot of the players live. Bobby Holik came in one Spring, when he was about to go free agent. I told him I understand if you need to leave and go for the money, I understand. But don't sign with the Rangers, or you aren't allowed to shop here anymore.

He then signed with the Rangers. When he came back, I refused to wait on him, and my manager had to help him. He thought it was funny, I guess he didn't think I was serious the first time.

I think you may be taking this sport a little too seriously.

As for Fischler, he says stuff like that to get a rise out of people.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

LOL this is pretty bad ass. Not sure I'm that die hard to refuse service to a Rag player.

Stan's job to speculate, start rumors, etc. If it wasn't the rags, it's just the type of situation Marty was waiting for. I like hearing the Maven's news and views. What I don't like is his questions during press conferences. Most aren't even questions, they're lollipop statements.

This is awesome.

Is that a TARDIS in your avi?

If so, that's pretty awesome.

Well technically its supposed to be THE TARDIS....but yessir it is!

Gotta enjoy the non-hockey interests too after all!