GDT: Les Devils à Montréal- 7 PM ET

dmann422

Isn't this nice, look at all the time and space here:

IMG_0096_1.jpg?noCache=1423429330

So many options, Suban is retreating as two Devils look to leave the zone and 3 Habs are trapped deep. Skate a bit more and have two different outlet passes for a 2-on-1, or maybe just a simple off the glass clear?

IMG_0097_1.jpg?noCache=1423429435

Wait! What the fvck are you doing?! Backhand clear from behind the goal line!?

IMG_0088_1.jpg?noCache=1423429780

IMG_0099_1.jpg?noCache=1423430356

Edited by devilsrule33

Henrique has probably been the most disappointing forward this year.  Yeah, he's 2nd on the team in points, but he's really just not making a difference out there too many nights, and he's getting creamed territorially.  He's a 2nd/3rd line LW.  Anyone hoping for anything more from him is going to be disappointed.

Well, what's happening with the new regime is atrocious. Here are some numbers, and yes they aren't close to perfect when you take into account score effects, but it does illustrate how awful the team has been outplayed under the new group.

In 17 games under the new staff, the Devils have been outshot at even strength by 120.

In 36 games under the old staff , the Devils were outshot at even strength by 76.

In 17 games under the new staff, the Devils corsi number (all shots directed for - all shots directed against) is -169

In 36 games under the old staff, the Devils corsi number was -17

This team has been way more chaotic and disorganized under the two [three] headed regime. Under Pete this team stuck unrelenting to his system, and that was a problem. Because they suck. And they're slow. And no strategy in the world is going to turn this team into a winner. I'd rather see this team play like they are now than drone on, hanging on to the boring mediocrity that Pete was resigned to. Now they are getting out shot 35-17 instead of 32-24. Why do I care? What difference does it make? Pete had to go, because he had nothing left to offer.

Henrique has probably been the most disappointing forward this year.  Yeah, he's 2nd on the team in points, but he's really just not making a difference out there too many nights, and he's getting creamed territorially.  He's a 2nd/3rd line LW.  Anyone hoping for anything more from him is going to be disappointed.

I don't think anyone imagined after the bright spots in 2011-12 that the Devils would not have a single player in the top 120 in scoring just a few years later. To think that Steve Bernier is tied in points with Travis Zajac with 7 less GP and that 86 year-old Jagr has more points than Adam Henrique in now his 4th full season, well...this team is just scoring retarded and something needs to change. There isn't one forward on this team that should be untouchable as far as the trade conversation goes. Not one.

Edited by Neb00rs
  • Like 1

I don't think anyone imagined after the bright spots in 2011-12 that the Devils would not have a single player in the top 120 in scoring just a few years later. To think that Steve Bernier is tied in points with Travis Zajac with 7 less GP and that 86 year-old Jagr has more points than Adam Henrique in now his 4th full season, well...this team is just scoring retarded and something needs to change. There isn't one forward on this team that should be untouchable as far as the trade conversation goes. Not one.

I think Cammalleris goal scoring has been good. If he could stay healthy hes a 30 goal scorer on this team. He and Gomez are the only bright spots on offense, pretty sad.

I think Cammalleris goal scoring has been good. If he could stay healthy hes a 30 goal scorer on this team. He and Gomez are the only bright spots on offense, pretty sad.

It's true, and we may not have another player who scores 20 this season. Pathetic.

What are you even saying? The PP went into the sh!tter since Deboer and Barr were fired, they were top 10 last season and this season until they were fired and this is arguably the worst stretch of hockey they played in the last few seasons. Only reason why they were winning was Cory and Kinkaid putting up a .960 save percentage in those wins. WAKE UP, they have been outshot 198 to 108 in six games. Thats embarrassing and pathetic.

You call this energy? No its called very fortunate goal scoring and hot goal tending. What happened last night is whats suppose to happen with this team. Also they managed wins against GARBAGE opponents while getting outplayed. Its a complete joke.

I guess you need to re-read what I originally wrote.   I never said the PP was great, I said the PK was getting better, which it has.

A 5-3 win against LA on the road, a 5-2 win against SJ on the road, shootout victory (wait, WHAT?) against Toronto (a team we needed to beat), an OT loss to a tough Pittsburgh team, a 3-1 win against FLA (another team we had to beat), a 2-1 win against Ottawa (another team we had to beat...see a pattern here?), 4-1 against TOR (I digress), and then a bad loss to MTL (A top 5 team in the league).  That's not too shabby.  Has it been lucky?  Sure?  Great goaltending?  Yes.  But the team is energized and it's not something you'll see on a stats sheet.  I'm not denying the lack of scoring and shot disparity, it's a huge concern and also pretty embarrassing, but if you actually watch the games, and if you've really paid attention to this team this season, and over the last several years, you'd notice the difference.  I do.  

Tonight is a must-win against one of the few teams that's actually definitively worse than us, but the next two after that will really test this squad, on the road no less. 

i think you can blame the horrendous shot differential on the forwards as much as anyone - not just that they're not getting shots on goals themselves, but that they're not doing enough when they don't have the puck to stop shot attempts against. that comes from a lack of speed to keep up with attacking players as well as a system that doesn't have the aggressive forecheck that deboer had in place.

This, 1000 times.

Our defense throughout the season has been pretty decent, maybe slightly above par. I blame a lot of our "come-from-behind" losses we've given up on team D, aka forward defense. They're gassed by the 3rd, why do you think we let in so many tying goals in the last 5-10 minutes of the game? Schneier/Kinkaid and our two d-men aren't too tired at that point, our forwards are. Our defense will be toiling against the boards, and there's always one or two guys in the slot left unmarked. It should be no surprise that our 33-43 year old forward depth is getting tired by the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period though. I just don't think enough people care to admit that's the problem.