Kane to Buffalo

redruM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big win for Buffalo. Tyler Myers is coming into his own, and McDavid should contribute right away next season...nice little team theyre building

Edit: lol, i see they included Myers in the deal. They gave up way too much there. :doh1:

Edited by devlman

The best part of the trade are the tweets:

“Honey, we got traded!” “To somewhere nicer?” “Uh…” - A conversation a whole lot of NHL players are about to have.

Taxi drivers in Buffalo will be a little nervous when they read the headline "NHL star Kane headed to the Sabres."

Myers for Bogosian is basically a wash, so the deal is Kane for Armia/Lemieux/Stafford/low 1st. That's not a great return - if I were Winnipeg I'd want something a little more definite for him. Armia doesn't look like anything special and Brendan Lemieux is a few years off.

I think it's actually a decent return considering Kane's production has been in decline the last few years, is injury prone and a head case. Plus Myers imo has done more at the NHL level than Bogosian and will probably flourish outside of Buffalo.

I think it's actually a decent return considering Kane's production has been in decline the last few years, is injury prone and a head case. Plus Myers imo has done more at the NHL level than Bogosian and will probably flourish outside of Buffalo.

Kane is still clearly a first line player when healthy.

Myers is really not that good - Winnipeg is taking a big gamble here on him, because he could be a total disaster.

so how does my jagr/matteau/gelinas/2nd look in comparison?

Armia has better AHL numbers than Matteau. The draft pick from Winnipeg is better, and who knows if Gelinas would have played for Gelinas.  Brandon Lemieux looks like a legit NHLer.  The deal Winnipeg got is a lot better. 

Winnipeg could also trade the first round pick they received for Jagr.

Wow, huge trade.

Buffalo rebuilding the right way, they're going to absolutely tank now to ensure 1st / 2nd overall, and have Kane next year?

Is it sad to same I'm a little jealous of the Sabres right now?

Yes, because they've been pretty bad since about 2008.  And they are still going to be bad next year.