Kane to Buffalo

redruM

Tampa?  St. Louis?  Anaheim?  Pittsburgh.  Just to name a few.  I'm just saying I would consider him a 2nd liner myself, and I think it's pretty absurd to say he's a bona fide 1st liner, because as much as his age could be to his benefit, it could also be to his detriment because he could end up being a bust and do nothing ta all over the next few years while he's still in his prime.

Anaheim:

They have been looking for someone to play LW on the top line all season. They signed Dany Heatley last summer to see if he could fit there. He'd absolutely be on Anaheim's top line.

Pittsburgh:

I'm 100% positive that he'd outproduce Kunitz and Perron if he had either Crosby or Malkin as his center.

Tampa:

Kane has a better career ppg than Killorn has this season so I could easily see him bump someone down there, especially given that both Killorn and Palat are both fairly inexperienced and Palatis the only one with a better career ppg than Kane, although it's not by much.

St. Louis:

Kane has an almost identical career ppg to Steen, but this might be the only team in the league that has 2 LWs that are better than Kane.

Edited by ATLL765

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really? Edmonton's hording of first rounders aside, do you really want to deal with McDavid in the East?

This is a good point - don't need him tearing the Devils apart for the next 10+ years.

I was talking purely from a hockey perspective though - I just don't want to see another top-3 pick rot in Edmonton like the rest have.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Do you really? Edmonton's hording of first rounders aside, do you really want to deal with McDavid in the East?

People here and on HF sneer at Edmonton so much they can't see the forest for the trees...there's so many worse places (for us) McDavid can go to besides Edmonton.

This is a good point - don't need him tearing the Devils apart for the next 10+ years.

I was talking purely from a hockey perspective though - I just don't want to see another top-3 pick rot in Edmonton like the rest have.

If anything the 'worst-case' for Edmonton is dropping them down to three where they'd just get a guy they need anyway (Hannifin)

People here and on HF sneer at Edmonton so much they can't see the forest for the trees...there's so many worse places (for us) McDavid can go to besides Edmonton.

If anything the 'worst-case' for Edmonton is dropping them down to three where they'd just get a guy they need anyway (Hannifin)

I think you miss the point. I'm saying I rather him go to Edmonton because I wouldn't want to be dealing with Crosby 2.0 on Buffalo and on an EC team. Lol.

Edmonton definitely need another C, so Hanifin isn't necessarily the player they need the most out of the top 3.

They need a 2C, but I think they might be better served trying to acquire a veteran center to fill that role. If I was them, if I have the #2 pick, I'd look to see if the teams one or two spots below me will offer anything to move up to #2 and then draft Hanifin at 3 or 4.

They have a veteran presence on defense in Fayne and Ference, even if he sucks. I think they could really use a veteran center that really thinks the game well. I think Elias would be a great fit for that team, but he's not going anywhere and will retire a Devil. I'd seriously consider trading Elias if Edmonton would offer up Eberle in return though.

Why would Edmonton trade Eberle for a guy who is done and will only play one more season?

I didn't say it was a realistic trade, just saying he's what I'd want of their rumored to be available players. I might throw in a pick like next year's 1st if he's someone they're actually open to trading. Elias+2016 1st+Gelinas or Boucher for Eberle+2016 2nd might be more realistic, but in reality Elias isn't going anywhere.