GDT: Devils at Preds 8pm

DevilMinder

I mean, is there anyone on this team who deserves to be here other than Schneider, Severson, Larsson and Greene? There literally isn't one forward who I'd keep on merit (I'd keep Patty for what he's done)

Well Gomez, Bernier and Tootoo for what their roles are.  Zajac and Henrique are both basically third-liners at this point :P

Lou Lamoriello everybody!

Lamoriello: "You never feel good about a loss, but the compete end of it and the commitment the last two games, you could feel it. .."

Lamoriello: "If we would play with this competitiveness the way we've played the last two games we wouldn't be in the position we're in."

0 replies2 retweets0 favorites
Favorite
More

Lamoriello: "You never feel good about a loss, but the compete end of it and the commitment the last two games, you could feel it. .."

Lamoriello: "If we would play with this competitiveness the way we've played the last two games we wouldn't be in the position we're in."

Favorite
More

Honestly though probably four of the last six periods were fine for what the Devils are, but really there's no excuse to come out the way they did in the first tonight, the way they did last Saturday, the way they did Monday for two periods against Edmonton.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Probably just as bad.

Gomez has accounted for maybe one more win. He gets credit for his turnaround despite that.

I would actually say at least 3 or 4 wins. He helped Jagr get hot (albeit for a little bit) and he helped Bernier and he even helped in the shootout by going first and taking the pressure off the other shooters. He had a somewhat marginal impact in my opinion. Hes the only one who can make a pass and setup a play.

Hey at least he is fun to watch! Unlike the rest of this team.

Edited by Zubie#8

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2015/02/high_winds_snow_in_new_jersey_force_devils_to_stay.html

"That tells you how dangerous trying to land in Newark would have been, because Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello has been known to coax charter pilots to fly in very bad weather. He convinced at least one pilot to take off in a snowstorm several years ago, only to have the flight diverted to Albany, N.Y."

"On another occasion in Alberta, Canada, a pilot refused to take off because of fog despite the GM's pleas."

Jeez Lou...........

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2015/02/high_winds_snow_in_new_jersey_force_devils_to_stay.html

"That tells you how dangerous trying to land in Newark would have been, because Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello has been known to coax charter pilots to fly in very bad weather. He convinced at least one pilot to take off in a snowstorm several years ago, only to have the flight diverted to Albany, N.Y."

"On another occasion in Alberta, Canada, a pilot refused to take off because of fog despite the GM's pleas."

Jeez Lou...........

Cmon Lou... That's just insane.

I'd say something, but I don't believe anything Chere says and it's not like he claimed to have direct sources.

So what, Lou convinced a pilot once to take off. It's the pilot who makes the final call and if he agreed, then it's on the pilot. Then Chere says another pilot refused to take off, but who knows what Lou said there. He could have simply asked and the pilot refused, doesn't mean Lou pressed hard to have him take off.

I dunno, this story just sounds weak and Chere's been whiny about Lou all year.

Edited by ATLL765

Favorite
More

this is BS! lou thinks this team didnt compete as much  or more for pete? lmao..your team is just BAD LOU, dont insult us on top of that

and as fars a a franchise too proud to tank, it sure as hell is playing the moral victory card which is just as sad

Edited by EdgeControl

Was it me or did every goal the Preds scored look like the same play?

BTW, I was stuck with the Home Announcers on Center Ice. Listening to them mispronounce Henrique's last name about 3 different ways was sad.

He wrote an article saying Michael Ryder is one of our top 5 trade assets. That can't be right.

Go ahead and name five better tradeable (and ones the Devils would be willing to part with) "assets" ..... I'll wait....it could take a while

it's pretty much:

1. Zid

2. Jagr

3. ummmmmm

4. errrrrrrrrr

5. Ryder

.....oi :blink:

I'd say something, but I don't believe anything Chere says and it's not like he claimed to have direct sources.

So what, Lou convinced a pilot once to take off. It's the pilot who makes the final call and if he agreed, then it's on the pilot. Then Chere says another pilot refused to take off, but who knows what Lou said there. He could have simply asked and the pilot refused, doesn't mean Lou pressed hard to have him take off.

I dunno, this story just sounds weak and Chere's been whiny about Lou all year.

And of course YOURE gonna defend Lou again lol youre one hell of a kool aid drinker sir. Simply denying anything Lou could do wrong.

Its Lou's team. Risking flying in bad weather and putting lives at risk like that when the pilot adviced not to? You cant sugarcoat that.

And of course YOURE gonna defend Lou again lol youre one hell of a kool aid drinker sir. Simply denying anything Lou could do wrong.

Its Lou's team. Risking flying in bad weather and putting lives at risk like that when the pilot adviced not to? You cant sugarcoat that.

You're calling out Kool aid drinkers and listening to Chere?!? He hasn't been credible in years!

Favorite
More

Sonny is in some hotel room doing blow drinking jack from a bottle.

You're calling out Kool aid drinkers and listening to Chere?!? He hasn't been credible in years!

There's a difference between being a whiny ***** and being credible.  Chere was right about Stevens walking away cause of differences with Pete lol

It wouldn't shock me if that stuff with Lou was true just cause McMullen could be a penny-pincher and Lou probably didn't want to pay extra plane/hotel costs for delays.  Not to mention the money issues with VBK in recent years.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Chere was quick to write that article, so I am sure there is truth to it. He's probably accumulated a ton of these stories over the years where he's amazed that the team was able to fly back that night after a game while his plane was delayed. It's not that crazy to think some staff or players anonymously told him what Lou did to get them home.