NSH/TOR trade: Jokinen/Leipsic/1st for Franson/Santorelli

ghdi

Alright trade for Nashville for the playoff push, but both guys are UFA so they better do something. Jokinen is apparently pissed. I can't blame him. Good first step for Toronto too. They get a first for guys they weren't keeping anyway and Leipsic is pretty decent and may be something in the near future.

Source: The Twitter. McKenzie/Dreger, usual suspects.

Edited by ghdi

It was reported that they made an offer to Franson and he pretty much laughed at it.

Now he's traded before the deadline.

Well what do you know, thats a pretty dumb way to do things right

lol I propose we just give you your own thread where you can just rant to your heart's desire. Then you can stop making false equivalencies like this one in every other thread.

On the trade, I think it's a good sign that there will be a strong sellers market this year. Maybe because it seems like there aren't a lot of playoff races- most teams know they're in so there's no risk in buying and then missing the playoffs.

Edited by dmann422

It was reported that they made an offer to Franson and he pretty much laughed at it.

Now he's traded before the deadline.

Well what do you know, thats a pretty dumb way to do things right

Hmm there's a difference between being in a playoff spot/race then being a bottom 5 team losing like 16 of 17, right?

lol I propose we just give you your own thread where you can just rant to your heart's desire. Then you can stop making false equivalencies like this one in every other thread.

On the trade, I think it's a good sign that there will be a strong sellers market this year. Maybe because it seems like there aren't a lot of playoff races- most teams know they're in so there's no risk in buying and then missing the playoffs.

I think it's a seller's market for the top end items, a buyer's market for the fringe pieces.  Still, this isn't a huge huge trade:  Nashville is almost certain to pick after 20 and probably after 24; they have a good stable of young players so they can afford to deal guys like Leipsic and this year's 1st.

Great move for Nashville. They already look like legit Cup contenders. Bring back two players familiar with system. But it is under different coach. Franson adds blueline support and Santorelli is a solid interchangeable forward. Toronto got a 1 and a prospect. Jokinen doesn't want to report. Can't blame him.

I think it's a seller's market for the top end items, a buyer's market for the fringe pieces.  Still, this isn't a huge huge trade:  Nashville is almost certain to pick after 20 and probably after 24; they have a good stable of young players so they can afford to deal guys like Leipsic and this year's 1st.

this could be but I think high end and fringe pieces are relative to each year- guys like jägr and zidlicky may be some of the best available pieces at the deadline.

I think Toronto did pretty well here, I would consider franson and santorelli both "fringe" pieces and they got back a first and a prospect. If we packaged Zidlicky and Ryder for a similar return I'd be ecstatic.

this could be but I think high end and fringe pieces are relative to each year- guys like jägr and zidlicky may be some of the best available pieces at the deadline.

I think Toronto did pretty well here, I would consider franson and santorelli both "fringe" pieces and they got back a first and a prospect. If we packaged Zidlicky and Ryder for a similar return I'd be ecstatic.

They're definitely two of the best pieces available, especially after this trade. Franson was the best RHD available besides Zidlicky, so now I think he's the best one and hopefully can garner a bit of a bidding war and maybe we can get a late 1st for him.

Santorelli was also one of the better C/RW available, so hopefully this helps boost Jagr's value too.