Does anybody know?

fsu1852

Yup there is a big thread about it on one of the larger facebook fan groups. Apparently this was done at the request of the NHL and I can imagine both the Devils and the visiting teams didn't mind.

It's permanent and rumors are they put it up after a few of the visiting teams complained that some fans were cursing at them and harassing them.

Also hear the Devils side might be next to get fenced in.

Yup there is a big thread about it on one of the larger facebook fan groups. Apparently this was done at the request of the NHL and I can imagine both the Devils and the visiting teams didn't mind.

It's permanent and rumors are they put it up after a few of the visiting teams complained that some fans were cursing at them and harassing them.

Also hear the Devils side might be next to get fenced in.

Maybe our fans do actually just... Suck.

We do in several different ways.

But you have to imagine all fanbases have idiots who harass the opposition.

I just heard from more than one person it was more than just harassment and that a particular incident before/after a recent game caused the fence to go up. Again this is just what I'm hearing.

I think that back area, where away teams can be greeted by the general public, doesn't even exist in most other arenas, so I'm surprised it's actually survived so long without any major incidents. I see people of course already using this as more propaganda against the new owners though...

I think that back area, where away teams can be greeted by the general public, doesn't even exist in most other arenas, so I'm surprised it's actually survived so long without any major incidents. I see people of course already using this as more propaganda against the new owners though...

Of course that is bound to happen.  The new owners are the fault for everything and anything.

One the on-ice product starts winning again (hopefully within the next 2-3 years) this sort of thing will die down.

I told the angry mob in one of the Facebook groups:

"WHY WOULD THE NEW OWNERS CHOOSE TO PLOP $5000+ DOWN (probably more) TO BUILD A FENCE AROUND THE AWAY TEAM EXIT? JUST TO MAKE YOU MISERABLE?"

It's obviously per request of the league, people need to use some common sense. Why would new owners completely waste thousands of dollars on something like that?

Edited by DJ Eco

I'm starting to think the raise in ticket prices for next year is partly to try to weed out some of the less classy people. It's obvious they want a friendlier environment at the arena. It's like a restaurant raising the menu prices to get rid of the cheap asses.

Re: ticket prices.  I do not think that is the reason.  At this point with the on-ice product in shambles I would figure by this point any fan is a good fan (could be wrong though).

I think a lot of it has to do with for the past 3-4 years the Devils haven't really raised ticket prices much at all and I think for this year most people saw a drop in their ticket prices.  I just think a jump like this was just a long-time coming and better to rip the band aid off now.

Re: ticket prices.  I do not think that is the reason.  At this point with the on-ice product in shambles I would figure by this point any fan is a good fan (could be wrong though).

I think a lot of it has to do with for the past 3-4 years the Devils haven't really raised ticket prices much at all and I think for this year most people saw a drop in their ticket prices.  I just think a jump like this was just a long-time coming and better to rip the band aid off now.

If you're right they have really bad timing lol. It's not going to get any better for at least a couple of years.

If you're right they have really bad timing lol. It's not going to get any better for at least a couple of years.

I agree it's not the best timing but looking ahead, the Devils aren't going to be good in the foreseeable future (2-3 seasons most likely) so I guess they figured it was better to get it out of the way now than later.  Again this is speculation on my part and if they raise prices by a huge amount again next year then yeah I will agree that is absurd.

Yup, like I've said in other threads, my prices came down this past season. And they're only going up the exact % that is the Newark tax, I did the math myself. And that's in 119 upper rows, one of the cheapest sections.

But others in the upper bowl, who are saying they got a 10-15-20% jump in their prices, I won't judge them, they have a right to be upset. But luckily, my tickets have stayed relatively stagnant.

I told the angry mob in one of the Facebook groups:

"WHY WOULD THE NEW OWNERS CHOOSE TO PLOP $5000+ DOWN (probably more) TO BUILD A FENCE AROUND THE AWAY TEAM EXIT? JUST TO MAKE YOU MISERABLE?"

It's obviously per request of the league, people need to use some common sense. Why would new owners completely waste thousands of dollars on something like that?

Why even bother replying to those dipsh!ts? The people on those stupid Facebook groups are the absolute sh!tbag bottom of the sewer type of fan. They don't know sh!t about the sport in most cases, and wouldn't know what common sense was if it slapped them upside their mostly empty heads.

So what's the rumored story?

This is rumor so cannot confirm this is 100% true, but 3 different people told me last night that some drunk idiot tried to take a run at Lupul after the Leafs game a couple weeks ago.  The next day the league mandated the Devils to put up the fence.

Why even bother replying to those dipsh!ts? The people on those stupid Facebook groups are the absolute sh!tbag bottom of the sewer type of fan. They don't know sh!t about the sport in most cases, and wouldn't know what common sense was if it slapped them upside their mostly empty heads.

They have good fans and bad fans in those groups.  Thing is the sh!t fans in those groups tend to be louder and post more often lol.

This is rumor so cannot confirm this is 100% true, but 3 different people told me last night that some drunk idiot tried to take a run at Lupul after the Leafs game a couple weeks ago.  The next day the league mandated the Devils to put up the fence.

They have good fans and bad fans in those groups.  Thing is the sh!t fans in those groups tend to be louder and post more often lol.

I mean it sucks because I enjoy getting autos and talking to the other team. One person has to ruin for everyone smh