Jagr traded to Florida

Marshall

I was watching the Florida Panthers/Blackhawks game and Jagr came up on the jumbo-tron wearing a Panthers jersey. So that's how I found out about this haha.

Jagr looked good last night. Gonna be hard to sell the team on being in the playoff chase now. Although Jagr's days were clearly numbered.

So does Boucher come up now? Or do we just see more Gionta/Tootoo/Bernier/Zubrus with some Sestito on the fourth line?

In fairness, a lot of fans didn't want to be sold on what they felt was a faulty premise to begin with...even more so after last night's loss. Enough of them were worried that Lou was going to leave the team intact (or add a small piece) and try to make the playoffs. I think fans are happy about what the trade represents...a realistic view on the state of the team.

Too bad Jags is going to a loser, but great haul for Lou. I guess good teams don't buy high.

Finally this site is up again! Jagr to Florida? Good. Good luck to him and I hope he misses the playoffs. I don't mean that in a disdainful way, I just mean to say that he is no longer a Devil, and is no longer my concern.

Edited by Neb00rs

Unwarranted? hahahaha look at our roster and our farm dude lol come on. It's a country club and no young forwards to take over. I may be hard on him but to say any criticism is unwarranted... thats ridiculous

I was referring specifically to your insistence that Lou would decline to trade Jagr since he's the worst GM in the NHL according to you.

That being said, this is pretty much what I expected the return to be for Jagr. With the way trades had been made over the past couple weeks, there was no way Jagr wouldn't garner at least a 2nd. I wouldn't call it a steal, but it's definitely a solid return.

As for going Florida misses the postseason, I don't think it'll matter much since I don't think Florida is good enough to win a series, so the worst case would be that the pick ends up being #45.

Edited by ATLL765

Twice in one week I must give credit to Lou. The other day I gave him credit for getting our goalie Cory his best move in 10 years. I expected Jagr to go because he wasn't happy here anymore. He probably knew a trade was almost done the other night when he had 5 shots on goal to show the team he still had it. I thought we would get a 2nd for him I didn't think we wiuld get more like the 3rd as well, I must give crdit to Lou for the 3rd.

I liked Jagr as a Devil and therefore I will follow him in Fla.

Some Lou quotes in this article, for those who haven't read his comments on the situation...nothing you wouldn't really expect from him.  A lot of GM-speak and him trying to make it sound like he's not waving the white towel (presumably so his team won't)...comes off like he's trying to be prepared for anything without sounding committed to any one thing.  I'd give Ryder the next couple of games and hope he does enough that someone won't mind parting with a late-round pick for him (as opposed to Lou possibly not being able to give him away).  Havlat's probably a lost cause.  Lou can talk about his team still being in it, but I can't fathom that he really believes that, and I won't until I see him make moves that back that up.   

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2015/02/two_reasons_why_jaromir_jagr_trade_was_a_shocker.html

I love how the caption says 'two reasons why the Jagr trade was a shocker' then Chere's first sentence says 'It came as no surprise the Devils traded right-winger Jaromir Jagr Thursday' :lol:

In addition to that, one of the surprises was that LL traded Jagr to a team above us in the standing. Did anyone expect one of Carolina, Buffalo, Toronto or Columbus to trade for Jagr?

Yeah, definitely wasn't supplying the link because of the awesomeness of the article (I used to like Chere a long time ago).  Mostly it was because it had a lot of Lou quotes. 

I was referring specifically to your insistence that Lou would decline to trade Jagr since he's the worst GM in the NHL according to you.

That being said, this is pretty much what I expected the return to be for Jagr. With the way trades had been made over the past couple weeks, there was no way Jagr wouldn't garner at least a 2nd. I wouldn't call it a steal, but it's definitely a solid return.

As for going Florida misses the postseason, I don't think it'll matter much since I don't think Florida is good enough to win a series, so the worst case would be that the pick ends up being #45.

Listen. Don't think or assume i blindly hate Lou for no reasons. Lou is a great mastermind and did great things and i'll always give him credits for that. He knows his sh!t.

That been said i'll explain it to you one last time, he's incredibly stubborn and this gets in the way of his decision making ability a lot of times and he won't even consider adjusting to a new way and in today's NHL you have to adjust. That's the only thing i hate about him. He's putting himself in really tough situations by sticking to his guns too often.

You may don't agree or support that mentality, it's totally fair, we all have opinions. But you can't say that i'm way off on this, it's a thing and we all know it deep inside, that were willing to admit it or not. Lou is NOT dealing and managing the same way the rest of the GMs are, it's a fact. We're the only team doing "a lot of things" in the NHL. The only team with the beards rules, the end of the stick tape thing rule, the no talking contracts during the season rule, the no interaction on twitter of wtv for players during the season rule, the no fans at practice and camp rule etc etc etc Again... you might not agree with me, but don't act like im making things up and blindly hating please.

I said it before, I'm a huge Devils fan, Star Wars fan and Apple product fan. But Lou, George Lucas and Steve Jobs (RIP) were all the same, beyond stubborn and quite frankly that's what made them that successful but i still couldn't stand the way they were dealing with things cause it still fvcked them over a few times, fvcking love the product but couldn't stand their ways. They were all hell to work for apparently but you'd get a good product. I do and most fans have a love / hate relationship with all those 3 guys. It's literally the same thing.

Honestly, do you really think what i just said is an unfair statement?

Edited by SterioDesign