Jagr traded to Florida

Marshall

I don't like the only low numbers thing minus #13. I don't really care about the no #13 thing but if someone thinks that's their lucky number let them have it. All that really tells me is Lou puts his own (or McMullen's) superstitions over everyone else's. Just let these guys wear whatever number they want. Damn the whole logo on the front is more important nonsense. We're the only team that does this.

The Yankees have the same beard rule. They just want clean cut looking people. Beards are hipster nowadays anyway but I really don't care if a player wants to grow a beard let him.

I can understand the no Twitter thing. Private social media outlets are fine but when you're representing the team you should not be able to just post whatever you want. Then religious and political views start coming out and it never ends well for anyone.

For me I'm really just tired of the kind of team Lou puts together. That's why I'm tired of him. I'm ready for a new look to this franchise. I can nitpick all of the mistakes I think he's made lately but I really just want a more exciting team to root for.

No, he now gets quoted by 3 people, who if they stopped taking the bait, he would just disappear after a few months.

Why do you want Sterio to 'disappear'? What did he do that is SO wrong. I think his Lou stuff is as ridiculous as anyone. But he makes good contributions to this board?

• Like 1

Why do you want Sterio to 'disappear'? What did he do that is SO wrong. I think his Lou stuff is as ridiculous as anyone. But he makes good contributions to this board?

Because even though he's a smart guy with a unique viewpoint he starts the same arguments with the same people over and over.  He has stopped making good contributions because everything spirals back to those conversations - some of that isn't his fault, sometimes other posters bring it up before he does, but he takes the bait every time or they take the bait every time.  I agree that if he could control that, he would be a good contributor to the board, but it's clear he can't.

I've heard of all of these but that one. Couldn't find anything online about it. What's that one about? Inquiring minds want to know.

its just that he wants the players to have that ball of tape at the top of their stick so that it's easier to pick up and that they dont look like retards in a rush struggling to pick up their stick off the ice. 

Forgot the numbers thing too as someone mentioned. And again, some of those I really don't mind it's really like "wtv" and by themselves they are no big deals really. But it's simply proving a point that Lou has his way to do things and thats it. It's either gonna "work" the way he does it. Or if it won't work because of it well it's just not gonna fly.

And he's really the only GM in the league doing that. No one can argue that honestly. 

its just that he wants the players to have that ball of tape at the top of their stick so that it's easier to pick up and that they dont look like retards in a rush struggling to pick up their stick off the ice. 

Forgot the numbers thing too as someone mentioned. And again, some of those I really don't mind it's really like "wtv" and by themselves they are no big deals really. But it's simply proving a point that Lou has his way to do things and thats it. It's either gonna "work" the way he does it. Or if it won't work because of it well it's just not gonna fly.

And he's really the only GM in the league doing that. No one can argue that honestly. 

Sounds like you're describing Vince Lombardi, Bill Parcells, Bill Belichek, George Steinbrenner, etc. 

Listen. Don't think or assume i blindly hate Lou for no reasons. Lou is a great mastermind and did great things and i'll always give him credits for that. He knows his sh!t.

That been said i'll explain it to you one last time, he's incredibly stubborn and this gets in the way of his decision making ability a lot of times and he won't even consider adjusting to a new way and in today's NHL you have to adjust. That's the only thing i hate about him. He's putting himself in really tough situations by sticking to his guns too often.

You may don't agree or support that mentality, it's totally fair, we all have opinions. But you can't say that i'm way off on this, it's a thing and we all know it deep inside, that were willing to admit it or not. Lou is NOT dealing and managing the same way the rest of the GMs are, it's a fact. We're the only team doing "a lot of things" in the NHL. The only team with the beards rules, the end of the stick tape thing rule, the no talking contracts during the season rule, the no interaction on twitter of wtv for players during the season rule, the no fans at practice and camp rule etc etc etc Again... you might not agree with me, but don't act like im making things up and blindly hating please.

I said it before, I'm a huge Devils fan, Star Wars fan and Apple product fan. But Lou, George Lucas and Steve Jobs (RIP) were all the same, beyond stubborn and quite frankly that's what made them that successful but i still couldn't stand the way they were dealing with things cause it still fvcked them over a few times, fvcking love the product but couldn't stand their ways. They were all hell to work for apparently but you'd get a good product. I do and most fans have a love / hate relationship with all those 3 guys. It's literally the same thing.

Honestly, do you really think what i just said is an unfair statement?

SD do you have any examples to support the highlighted position. I agree with you on a lot of things re: Lou but examples are better.

Hey, so question.

Do we have our own 2015 2nd Round pick still?  Or was that traded away previously?

Here's hoping Zidlicky, Ryder, Gomez all find new homes as well before Monday.

I don't want Zidlicky to go anywhere, he's still a valuable mentor to our young D guys.  Gomez I'm on the fence about...he's really improved his game and i also think he'd be a valuable and serviceable 2nd-3rd line guy who could also serve as a mentor (if we actually had an young offensive talent to mentor).

Ryder is the only one I want to see gone on that list, and I just don't anyone taking him.  They'd have to be stupid.  Guy has done sh!t for us since he got here, and he hasn't played in like a month.

I think the Devils have their 1st, (2) 2nds (one from Florida), a 3rd, a 4th, and a 6th.  I think St. Louis has the Devils' 5th rounder (from the D'Agostini deal), and LA (the Anthony Brodeur trade) has the 7th-rounder.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Hey, so question.

Do we have our own 2015 2nd Round pick still? Or was that traded away previously?

Here's hoping Zidlicky, Ryder, Gomez all find new homes as well before Monday.

http://www.prosportstransactions.com/hockey/DraftTrades/Future/Devils.htm

Yes, as of now the only picks we don't have is our 5th (dagostini) and 7th (marty's son) we also have an extra 2nd (jagr).

So this is what we have as of now:

NJ 1st

NJ 2nd

FLA 2nd

NJ 3rd

NJ 4th

NJ 6th

Edited by dmann422

Will be interesting if the Devils can somehow nab another second and third by the deadline (probably asking a lot...all depends on whether or not Zids is open to being dealt).  Three seconds and two thirds means Lou could probably move up in the first if he really wants to. Should probably wait to see what Lou has after the deadline to speculate though. 

Two more opportunities for Conte and Lou to draft for Albany's future 2nd line

I hate to agree with something so pessimistic, so I'll just say I don't disagree with this lol. Always hoping for the best though, pics are opportunities.

I hate to agree with something so pessimistic, so I'll just say I don't disagree with this lol. Always hoping for the best though, pics are opportunities.

As much as I would also like to disagree, I'm very nervous about this draft. I'm afraid a golden opportunity may be missed if they are looking for more Zubrus type players

Because even though he's a smart guy with a unique viewpoint he starts the same arguments with the same people over and over.  He has stopped making good contributions because everything spirals back to those conversations - some of that isn't his fault, sometimes other posters bring it up before he does, but he takes the bait every time or they take the bait every time.  I agree that if he could control that, he would be a good contributor to the board, but it's clear he can't.

I've just hardly seen this out of you towards posters you don't like. Sure, we all do it when someone is in complete troll mode, creep mode, or is posting "Devils call to action" crap all day. I think Sterio has become a broken record, and he certainly makes the most ludicrous extrapolations to draw things back to Lou (yes inanely) but I think the guy is really sincere. He doesn't like Lou. And If I have to be honest, I have NEVER seen someone take heat and criticism (myself especially) as well as Sterio has over the past two years. Fact is, the guy really doesn't get personal and takes beatings like a champ. Sure I'd wish he'd cut the Lou crap, because he makes little sense with it, but I still think he is a positive force on the board.

Edited by Neb00rs

I've just hardly seen this out of you towards posters you don't like. Sure, we all do it when someone is in complete troll mode, creep mode, or is posting "Devils call to action" crap all day. I think Sterio has become a broken record, and he certainly makes the most ludicrous extrapolations to draw things back to Lou (yes inanely) but I think the guy is really sincere. He doesn't like Lou. And If I have to be honest, I have NEVER seen someone take heat and criticism (myself especially) as well as Sterio has over the past two years. Fact is, the guy really doesn't get personal and takes beatings like a champ. Sure I'd wish he'd cut the Lou crap, because he makes little sense with it, but I still think he is a positive force on the board.

Jesus H Christ what is this? High school? SD is a big boy and can stand up for himself.

If I had wanted to read a thread involving group therapy in would have gone to...... I don't know where I would have gone too. But not here.

Why isn't not possible for anyone on this forum to agree to disagree anymore and leave it at that.

• Like 2

Jesus H Christ what is this? High school? SD is a big boy and can stand up for himself.

If I had wanted to read a thread involving group therapy in would have gone to...... I don't know where I would have gone too. But not here.

Why isn't not possible for anyone on this forum to agree to disagree anymore and leave it at that.

Because that is exactly what isn't happening. Instead, it is becoming like high school, where the mob turns unpopular individuals into villains. Honestly, if there is something this board is missing, it's people willing to stand up for posters who get picked on. What is your issue? That I stood up for Sterio? I am allowed to stand up for anyone I want, and my post was pretty reasonable if you ask me. I don't think Triumph specifically did anything that wrong, and I pretty much complimented him for rarely taking personal shots. Why you just took issue with me boggles my mind.

This is actually a great example of what the mob around here does. If I had made the exact same post as you people would come out and say, "stop telling me how to post."

Edited by Neb00rs