Jagr traded to Florida

Marshall

Yes. I am always happy for Jagr when he scores. It's still a little hard getting used to that 68 in a ugly Panthers jersey. He was a good Devil who gave you a lot in Year 1 and ran out of steam this year. I wonder what he decides after the year is over.

Yes. I am always happy for Jagr when he scores. It's still a little hard getting used to that 68 in a ugly Panthers jersey. He was a good Devil who gave you a lot in Year 1 and ran out of steam this year. I wonder what he decides after the year is over.

I think that depends on what he wants. I still am not sure if ice time or playing on a good team is more important to him

I think that depends on what he wants. I still am not sure if ice time or playing on a good team is more important to him

Yeah. He obviously loves the game and would love to keep playing. Not unlike Brodeur except finding a job as a goalie proved much tougher. Jagr can still add something to a team. His leadership and work ethic. 

Jagr's comments before the trade seemed to specifically point out that he wasn't happy with the coaching change and the situation he was in.

In fact, I believe he even said he liked the organization. Not that I want him back. I don't.

He did say what you said. When he got to Fla. he said that the only reason he signed with the Devils for the second season was DeBoer. He said no one talked to him about the trade to Fla. he implied he thought they should have, but he said it is a business.

Last night he had 1 goal and 1 assist for Fla in the win over TB. He seem to speak positive again about the push for the playoffs.

I feel he is a good guy. Do I want him back next season, that depends on what Lou delivers as a team. We are weak in the RW position, I don't want him on the 1st or 2nd line unless the players we have there are weaker.

He did say what you said. When he got to Fla. he said that the only reason he signed with the Devils for the second season was DeBoer. He said no one talked to him about the trade to Fla. he implied he thought they should have, but he said it is a business.

Last night he had 1 goal and 1 assist for Fla in the win over TB. He seem to speak positive again about the push for the playoffs.

I feel he is a good guy. Do I want him back next season, that depends on what Lou delivers as a team. We are weak in the RW position, I don't want him on the 1st or 2nd line unless the players we have there are weaker.

I wouldn't want Jagr back if we slotted on the third line.   He unfortunately needs a top 6 role, if not minutes, to be effective mentally.

while jagr does look like the terminator in this photo, I doubt he'll BE BACK

I question if he's human.    He get's rejuvenated with each trade.

I'll take that, because it means the Rangers don't make it to the finals

why is everyone so set on the Rangers being in the finals?  (edit: im not picking on you Eeagle) its March 2nd and we sound like WFAN over here

Florida going far is something I would love to see, but we need that pick at this point.  If they lost every game from now til the end of the season it wouldn't be any huge moral loss for me.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

why is everyone so set on the Rangers being in the finals?  its March 2nd and we sound like WFAN over here

Florida going far is something I would love to see, but we need that pick at this point.  If they lost every game from now til the end of the season it wouldn't be any huge moral loss for me.

I think people are just expressing their fear/distaste of the Rangers making the Finals again rather than outright predicting it. They could just as easily lose in the first round as the could make the SCF. But you could make the same argument for almost anyone in the East.

I think people are just expressing their fear/distaste of the Rangers making the Finals again rather than outright predicting it. They could just as easily lose in the first round as the could make the SCF. But you could make the same argument for almost anyone in the East.

I think its going to be a toss up this year.  I can't see the Isles going all they way, but if they did i really wouldn't mind

Their fans at least recognize the failure over the last 30 years and don't act like this dynasty over the river with nothing to show for it, and that would devastate the Rags fans anyway

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

why is everyone so set on the Rangers being in the finals?  (edit: im not picking on you Eeagle) its March 2nd and we sound like WFAN over here

If the Devils are not winning the Cup, the Panthers are definitely one of the lesser evils to go all the way. I would have no problems seeing Jagr raise the cup with them

I dont disagree with you at all really, and Jagr deserves a legitimate run

I wonder how Jagr would do in an extended playoff run this season.

His last one was with the Bruins several years ago, right?  He didn't do so well then.