Zidlicky to Det

Derlique

It may not have been that easy. So to say Lou shoulda done this or that or we got fleeced is silly. Zidlicky had an NTC, he ultimately could decide where he went. 

I agree it shoulda been more, but its impossible to place blame here. We got something for an impending UFA. 

If Detroit was the only place he was willing to waive to go, this is the best you can do.  Conditional 2nd isn't bad, but it's worse than I thought NJ would get.

The 'condition' could have at least been a little less. Detroit has very little chance of making the Finals.

Yeah, we got fleeced:

The Hockey News @TheHockeyNews  ·  3m 3 minutes ago

From @THNKenCampbell Pick to NJ in Zidlicky deal becomes 2nd-rounder pick if Red Wings reach final. @TSNBobMcKenzie

Makes it more palatable....

Zids was done basically, he was not gonna have any impact on our future which is the only thing we should be looking at honestly. And who knows what that 3rd pick could be. 

For every Jessiman, Kostitsyn, filatov, daigle etc etc there's a Zetterberg, Gallagher, Rinne or wtv. 

Henrique is one of our best forward and he was a 3rd pick so. Still better than nothing really

If Detroit was the only place he was willing to waive to go, this is the best you can do.  Conditional 2nd isn't bad, but it's worse than I thought NJ would get.

I'm not putting this on Zidlicky. It was reported Lou was only going to Zidlicky once he had a trade in place. I doubt Zidlicky said no to 3-4 other playoff teams that were interested. 

Another team outside the playoffs possibly offered more, but Zids held the cards. He was in drivers seat. I'm sure Lou took the best offer. i was hoping for better, but chest l' vie

I'm not putting this on Zidlicky. It was reported Lou was only going to Zidlicky once he had a trade in place. I doubt Zidlicky said no to 3-4 other playoff teams that were interested. 

It's entirely possible he did, though.  In 2012 it was reported that he wanted to come only to NJ and so he did.

Even if he did, I wouldn't blame him. It's his job to put himself first, not the team he is being traded from. The issue is him having the NTC. But of course, we might not have been able to re-sign him without it.

I hope NTC and NMC become things of the past.  Such a ridiculous premise.  

Yeah, I hate when the cattle get restless too.  

Full deal is 3rd in 2016, 5th in 2015 if the Wings make the EC finals, if they make the Cup finals, Devils get a 2nd and give back the 5th.