Zidlicky to Det

Derlique

Darn, so close to that second.. thats why I was asking to sweeten the pot with a pick going back to the wings.. I also wasnt buying that dion crap... zid is the best PP point  man available and he had a nice little resurgence with us ...best of luck  good for zid!

You have to be mentally challenged.

Oh interesting, and why's that? I'm actually so curious to know what you have in mind.

What part of my statement doesnt make sense exactly?

We lost Fayne who was in his prime, who could have been a solid top 4 guy for years and years. Now we have Fraser playing for us instead right now. Yet, it was "no big deal" to lose him for nothing.

And you wanna cry about "just getting" a 3rd for a guy about to retire who was never gonna help us in any way in the future or be part of our core?

yeah, im the mentally challenged here.

Edited by SterioDesign

What difference does it make that we retained $1 million from his cap hit?  It's not going to affect this team in any way cap wise.  That said, I was hoping to get a 2 for him with the way this market was shaking out.  Oh well.  Here's hoping that Detroit makes the SCF and FLA misses the playoffs altogether.

Perhaps this ends up bumping up our chances for McDavid by a couple of percentage points when it's all said and done.

Yeah exactly. What good could Zid bring us this season honestly? The season is over. a 3rd is gravy and we might get a better pick. 

Not a good deal but it's nothing to whine about.

and retaining a 1 for the rest of the season? what's the big deal there too? lol we're not gonna take on more salary or anything. 

Edited by SterioDesign

Terrible deal for us. Zids probably only gave a limited list of teams though so he was somewhat handcuffed.

I don't understand calling it terrible.

We're not making the playoffs. Zid was very possibly walking after this season or we're not re-signing him to begin with. We get something for nothing. 

Its not an optimal return, but sfw, we weren't going anywhere with him in the lineup. A 3rd rounder next year is another asset.

Gonna miss his skill set. I don't know if I ever saw anyone play the puck with his feet as well as Zids. The One Handed Zid Around was always entertaining as well. Unfortunately, his biggest downfall was the stick work he used and the penalties that came along with them.  He is a hacker for sure.  

Oh well, I agree with Lou being handcuffed and getting what you can get, but as a spectator, the boring Devils play just got way more boring IMHO.

Crazy Zidlicky comin' at ya Detroit.

Oh interesting, and why's that? I'm actually so curious to know what you have in mind.

What part of my statement doesnt make sense exactly?

We lost Fayne who was in his prime, who could have been a solid top 4 guy for years and years. Now we have Fraser playing for us instead right now. Yet, it was "no big deal" to lose him for nothing.

And you wanna cry about "just getting" a 3rd for a guy about to retire who was never gonna help us in any way in the future or be part of our core?

yeah, im the mentally challenged here.

We only have Fraser playing because Sal and Severson are gone. 

i am ultimately disappointed with this return considering this is a sellers market. but again, if zid said detroit or nothing (which Holland had to assume) or if nobody else wanted him, its the best that Lou could do.

it leads me to believe that we're looking at 4th at best for any of the other forward flotsam.