Zidlicky to Det

Derlique

Gonna miss his skill set. I don't know if I ever saw anyone play the puck with his feet as well as Zids. The One Handed Zid Around was always entertaining as well. Unfortunately, his biggest downfall was the stick work he used and the penalties that came along with them.  He is a hacker for sure.  

Oh well, I agree with Lou being handcuffed and getting what you can get, but as a spectator, the boring Devils play just got way more boring IMHO.

Crazy Zidlicky comin' at ya Detroit.

yup, he could set around people at the point with ease, and he could unload that cannon quickly

FYI that the Devils have retained $1 million of Zidlicky's salary in that trade

lol!  'Lou's Leper Colony'

The league is dictating the value of Lou's players and the awarded contracts. Face the facts LL... your history of over paying for; under performing talent, damaged goods, & relics.

I guess we have to root for the Wings from here on out?

They could of at least included a late round pick in this year's draft or a meh forward prospect. This is just beyond disappointing. Giving one of our best overall defensemen away for peanuts.

This is the type of bottom barrel return I would expect for Havlat. Not Zids.

They could of at least included a late round pick in this year's draft or a meh forward prospect. This is just beyond disappointing. Giving one of our best overall defensemen away for peanuts.

They sort of did. 

If they make the ECF, the pick is a 2016 3rd and a 2015 5th.

If they make the Final, the pick is a 2016 2nd.

So yea we root for the Wings haha.

You think Havlat fetches that kind of return?  If Lou gets a 5th for Havlat, he did wonders.

They sort of did. 

The Wings aren't going to make either though so that's all mute. I'd bet my account on here that the Wings don't make the ECF or SCF.

What difference does it make that we retained $1 million from his cap hit? It's not going to affect this team in any way cap wise. That said, I was hoping to get a 2 for him with the way this market was shaking out. Oh well. Here's hoping that Detroit makes the SCF and FLA misses the playoffs altogether.

Yup. This makes no difference. We have to remember we are dumping a UFA, one that a lot of people say has diminished skill due to age. What do you think that brings back? Certainly not what Florida gave for Jagr, they overpaid.

OK I was expecting a 2nd round pick in the 2015 Draft and maybe an addition 5th or 6th round pick in 2015 with no retention of salary with him waiving his NTC.

So we get a 3 round pick in 2016 with a retention of $1M, not happy with than negotiation.

If Detroit makes the Division  finals we get an additional 5th round pick in 2015 draft, still not good.

If Detroit makes the finals then we give up the 2015 5th round, move up in the 2016 to a 2nd and still retain $1M salary, still a bad negotiation.

I realize that any other GM would be losing his job with the performance of this season and this deadline negotiations but not Lou. But he has zero strength in negotiating at this point.

Detroit got a good deal, a real good deal.  I guess we could say the Devils got a good deal because we usually get nothing for a player going into UFA, that's history.

BN370, just because you were expecting something doesn't mean it was there for the taking.  At least Zids waived his NTC and allowed Lou to get something for him.  You'd be bitching a lot more if he was still on the team.   

They sort of did. 

Interesting that nothing was negotiated if the Wings win the Cup...