Marty on with Francesa at 4:00

MadDog2020

Guess we'll get Marty's take on 1994 and anything Ranger-related. Nothing like listening to Fat fvck try to stammer his way through questions. Francesa can barely put complete sentences together anymore...there's a reason he gets pranked on that station more than anyone else.

Guess we'll get Marty's take on 1994 and anything Ranger-related. Nothing like listening to Fat fvck try to stammer his way through questions. Francesa can barely put complete sentences together anymore...there's a reason he gets pranked on that station more than anyone else.

Mike is a complete dickbag and I have never heard him agree with any good points from callers. He always has to be right and also he knows fvck all about hockey

Mike has at best a layman's grasp on what's going on in the NHL.  What he knows is basically what is fed to him by the NY newspapers and what he sees on MSG.  It is no wonder then that like many other New Yawkers he thinks the hockey world basically stopped in the spring of 1994 when the Rags won the cup.

"So Mahty.... duh... uhhh..... uhh... so it's nineteen ninety faw... Matteau scores his... incredible... goal... uhh... uhh.. overtime... you know... da Rainjizz win the Cup and awl that...

So what ah... uhh.... duhh... you know.... yaw thoughts at that point?

"So Mahty.... duh... uhhh..... uhh... so it's nineteen ninety faw... Matteau scores his... incredible... goal... uhh... uhh.. overtime... you know... da Rainjizz win the Cup and awl that...

In my dream perfect world:

"Well Mike, I was so upset that I decided to come down to your studio and stick that 20oz Diet coke bottle straight up your ass the wrong way" *click*

In my dream perfect world:

"Well Mike, I was so upset that I decided to come down to your studio and stick that 20oz Diet coke bottle straight up your ass the wrong way" *click*

I didn't even need to listen to the show to know that that is EXACTLY what they talked about...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/03/05/brodeur-on-wfan-loss-to-rangers-in-94-propelled-devils-to-greatness/

"Brodeur On WFAN: Loss To Rangers In ’94 Propelled Devils To Greatness"

Edited by DJ Eco

Close, but it's more like:

"So Mawty...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it's nineteen nine-de faw...Matteau scores that e-maw-muss goal...I mean...you gotta be thinkin...I mean...you know...the Ran-jurz go to win the Cup, you gotta be thinking we may not go dat fawr again...I mean, the Devils had never gone that befawr..."

Some silence, then a voice in studio in the background...

Mike continues "Oh yeah, dey had that run in '87-'88.  But anyway, da Ran-jurz look like dey're going to be the team to, I mean...uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...beat for a while.  So what're thoughts at that point...I mean, you had to be crushed."

Call me crazy, but I'm a Francesa fan for all the reasons he wouldn't want me to be. His show is a wonderful train wreck. His rants, the pranking, Mongo nation. I live 1500 miles away and I still listen online. Love him or hate him. he illicts reactions.

As for the interview, what would anybody expect? It's a New York station and he's New York fan, so of course, 60% of the questions are going to be about the "Ran-jhas". We hate it, but '95 will forever be linked to '94. It was the final act of a three part play. At least he acknowledged our long standing success. Oh wait. In the shadow of the Rangers. Dang.

Ahh Francesa. He can't pronouce Marty's name right (Mar tin and opposed to Mar tan), he spent most of the interview talking as opposed to the interviewee and he stumbled and bumbled his way through every senence. Gotta love him.

Call me crazy, but I'm a Francesa fan for all the reasons he wouldn't want me to be. His show is a wonderful train wreck. His rants, the pranking, Mongo nation. I live 1500 miles away and I still listen online. Love him or hate him. he illicts reactions.

I could see the appeal if you're away from home, it's a little slice of the tristate area. When I'm traveling for a weekend or on vacation, I already start to miss the crappy NJ/NY car commercials or Frank Patti's Funeral Home commercial. So yeah, if I were far away, I'd probably listen to NY sports shows for the same reason lol I get it..

I could see the appeal if you're away from home, it's a little slice of the tristate area. When I'm traveling for a weekend or on vacation, I already start to miss the crappy NJ/NY car commercials or Frank Patti's Funeral Home commercial. So yeah, if I were far away, I'd probably listen to NY sports shows for the same reason lol I get it..

You nailed it. That is a big part of it. I grew up with the FAN, so it's a nice reminder of "days gone by", Keeps me connected to the tri-state area.

You nailed it. That is a big part of it. I grew up with the FAN, so it's a nice reminder of "days gone by", Keeps me connected to the tri-state area.

agreed, I'm in the same boat. I listen almost everyday at work because here in DC it's only Skins, Nats and a little Caps. That's hard for a mets/giants/devs fan to take. Mike was much easier to put up with when Russo was there but I still like to listen to the show to hear some of the callers.

Also mike is one of the worst interviewers ever.

agreed, I'm in the same boat. I listen almost everyday at work because here in DC it's only Skins, Nats and a little Caps. That's hard for a mets/giants/devs fan to take. Mike was much easier to put up with when Russo was there but I still like to listen to the show to hear some of the callers.

Also mike is one of the worst interviewers ever.

I'm not an everyday listener, but I'm not going to lie...I do listen to him a couple of days a week, much for the same reason that you and BP do.  And to get some Mets/NFL stuff.   

Mad Dog really did cover up for a lot of Francesa's ills.  Dog is a much better solo listen...I'm not saying Dog didn't have his issues, but Mike's way of making a point is to stammer something out and then repeat it in a slightly different way 10 more times.  I remember a pranker asking Mike would it will be like to make the Hall of Fame for Stammerers and Repeaters (or something close to that).  Mike then stammered about how he's never stammered in his life.  Dog was considerably more articulate and better at expanding on an idea, which is kind of scary when you think about it.  He also actually had a sense of humor about himself. 

A lot of the reason Mike is a terrible interviewer is because he's too concerned with showing both the interviewee and his audience how much MIKE knows, so very often his guest will start to tell a story that Mike may have heard or have some familiarity with...then here comes Mike to trample all over his guest's recollection with everything HE'S heard or witnessed about the anecdote.  It's really a serious form of insecurity:  "See?  See?  I do know stuff, I know lots of stuff!  I'm not as clueless as people think I am!"  What makes his show kind of entertaining for all of the wrong reasons is that he has no idea what a joke he's become...and what's even funnier (or sadder) is that there's actually people who still think he's great as what he does. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I'm not an everyday listener, but I'm not going to lie...I do listen to him a couple of days a week, much for the same reason that you and BP do. And to get some Mets/NFL stuff.

Mad Dog really did cover up for a lot of Francesa's ills. Dog is a much better solo listen...I'm not saying Dog didn't have his issues, but Mike's way of making a point is to stammer something out and then repeat it in a slightly different way 10 more times. I remember a pranker asking Mike would it will be like to make the Hall of Fame for Stammerers and Repeaters (or something close to that). Mike then stammered about how he's never stammered in his life. Dog was considerably more articulate and better at expanding on an idea, which is kind of scary when you think about it. He also actually had a sense of humor about himself.

A lot of the reason Mike is a terrible interviewer is because he's too concerned with showing both the interviewee and his audience how much MIKE knows, so very often his guest will start to tell a story that Mike may have heard or have some familiarity with...then here comes Mike to trample all over his guest's recollection with everything HE'S heard or witnessed about the anecdote. It's really a serious form of insecurity: "See? See? I do know stuff, I know lots of stuff! I'm not as clueless as people think I am!" What makes his show kind of entertaining for all of the wrong reasons is that he has no idea what a joke he's become...and what's even funnier (or sadder) is that there's actually people who still think he's great as what he does.

agreed 100%. I know mike is pretty bad overall but as BP said, he stirs the pot and gets reactions. I guess I don't really listen to him as much as have him on as background noise- out if his 5 hour show maybe there is a good half hour of material, I can especially laugh at some ridiculous callers.