Say NJ wins draft lottery...

Jas0nMacIsaac

You don't do a deal with Buffalo, since there just aren't enough guarantees that they can give you. A more interesting question might be if Edmonton got the 3rd/4th pick and wanted to move up to 1. Lot of interesting possible trade ideas there. 

McDavid could be better than Crosby, but one star player is still not a game changer in today's league. Pitt has two world class superstars, and they have been unable to surround them with enough talent for a number of years. So I'd never say never.

No, I'd just select McDavid. If it was a different draft and there was no standout stud offensive player that is the obvious first pick, different answer.

You wouldn't want to be the guy who passed on him once he becomes a huge superstar.

I take McDavid. As we've seen this year, it's hard to get a superstar, and hard to win without one. I'd rather build after the draft than take pieces. MAYBE if Buffalo has The number 2 pick and is dumb enough to trade a first next year and the chance to get Eichel I bite, but that's not likely.

You pee your pants, jump up and down, kiss the wife, high five the neighbor and celebrate what would be an amazing draft party!

Would we even have a draft party?  They've skirted around that the last few years and always seem to schedule concerts for draft night.

Would we even have a draft party? They've skirted around that the last few years and always seem to schedule concerts for draft night.

Not counting the year (2013) we had a draft the last draft party was in 2011. In 2012 we had the 29 th pick and in 2014 we had the 30th. Not sure how many people would be up to have a party where you have to wait all that time to get to the 29th and 30th picks. I think if we finish with a top 10 pick I can imagine they have a draft party of some sorts.

They also used to coordinate the party with the equipment sale. However the equipment sale stopped for a variety of reasons so that reason is gone as well.

If they got McDavid you'd bet tey'd have a party if only - I think they'd want the opportunity to convert the attendees into leads for the ticket sales. McDavid will sell a lot of tickets, grab a lot of eyeballs and sell a sh!t ton of jerseys.

And besides if we got the #1 - we'd get 10,000+ for the party if it was at The Rock for sure. They'd have months to plan it. They should make it a carnival like atmosphere on a Friday night and have a blast. It would be great to have something to cheer for.

If they got McDavid you'd bet tey'd have a party if only - I think they'd want the opportunity to convert the attendees into leads for the ticket sales. McDavid will sell a lot of tickets, grab a lot of eyeballs and sell a sh!t ton of jerseys.

That's logical but logic doesn't always apply to this organization lol...besides they do schedule things in advance.  They have something scheduled at the Rock for the night of the second day of the draft (the 27th) but so far nothing listed on the 26th.

Edited by NJDevs4978

But this is the marketing aspect of what the team needs to be doing anyway to engage fans year round. I mean if we got McDavid, Marner or whoever - We'd need to have a draft party and then a month later at the Rookie Camp in July, have some sort of carnival, Red/White game on the last day, an autograph signing - the whole bit. Engage Engage Engage. 

That's logical but logic doesn't always apply to this organization lol...besides they do schedule things in advance.  They have something scheduled at the Rock for the night of the second day of the draft (the 27th) but so far nothing listed on the 26th.

Well Friday night would be round 1 I presume.

Not counting the year (2013) we had a draft the last draft party was in 2011. In 2012 we had the 29 th pick and in 2014 we had the 30th. Not sure how many people would be up to have a party where you have to wait all that time to get to the 29th and 30th picks. I think if we finish with a top 10 pick I can imagine they have a draft party of some sorts.

They also used to coordinate the party with the equipment sale. However the equipment sale stopped for a variety of reasons so that reason is gone as well.

Even that one they had to confine to Championship Plaza and the practice rink cause they had some reggaeton concert going on, and that was when we were going to have a top ten pick for sure and wound up with a top four pick.

Well Friday night would be round 1 I presume.

Obviously but it wouldn't shock me if we booked something in the main arena between now and the draft lottery for that date too, especially being on a Friday night.

Edited by NJDevs4978

There is over a 50% chance that a team outside the bottom 3 will get McDavid. Someone with a decently strong team could very well get him, like Philly or San Jose.

True. I wish they did a lottery for the top 3 like they will do in 2016 now.

At 7 or 8 we probably end up with Warenski or Provorov which wouldn't be so bad. I imagine the idea after that would be to trade 2016 first rounder and Merrill for Kessel. You might do something where the 2016 is lottery protected in that the Devils keep it if they win one of the first three picks in 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised to see us end up with Mathew Barzal. Something just tells me he's gonna end up a Devil.