GDT: Alumni Game 3:45 stream- www.newjerseydevils.com

RunninWithTheDevil

Yes, but there's no way of adding Brylin to that photo of Brodeur, Stevens, Daneyko, and Niedermayer on the ice after the game. You had 4/5ths of the players to win all three cups. That's a great photograph, but there's one person missing. 

He could be Photoshopped in, haha

I think it was more about the retirement banners, and how Marty is next in line....

Yes, but there's no way of adding Brylin to that photo of Brodeur, Stevens, Daneyko, and Niedermayer on the ice after the game. You had 4/5ths of the players to win all three cups. That's a great photograph, but there's one person missing. 

I mean it would have been nice if Brylin could make it but really those four are the Devils' Mount Rushmore...at least counting only players.  If we included management it'd be Lou/Lemaire/Marty/Stevens

Edited by NJDevs4978

Is there a highlights video available anywhere?  I can't seem to find one.

I'm betting on there not being one with all the reported problems with the stream/acoustics :(

All I've seen in terms of highlights are Marty's goal on Facebook/Twitter

Edited by NJDevs4978

I mean it would have been nice if Brylin could make it but really those four are the Devils' Mount Rushmore...at least counting only players.  If we included management it'd be Lou/Lemaire/Marty/Stevens

We can agree to disagree. :)

Brylin and Daneyko, in their respective positions, are about the same: average, not great, but consistent. Both are career Devils. 

Brylin had to deal with language and cultural barriers when he came over. Daneyko is native to the continent and is never one to shun the spotlight, so of course he's going to be more in the public eye, and now ten years later, regarded highly. The true "greats" are  Niedermayer, Stevens, and Brodeur. Daneyko doesn't even belong in the same sentence. Neither does Brylin, for that matter. 

BUT, if you're going to include Daneyko -- and rightfully so -- Brylin should be there as well. The only reason Daneyko is standing next to the other three is because of their 3 cups together. 

Dano also had sheer longevity (23 years is an accomplishment in itself), and the fact he was an 'original Devil' on his side.  Brylin parachuted in from '95 on but Dano was there during practically all of the dark early days.  Nothing against Brylin but you left out those two very important factors.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Dano also had sheer longevity (23 years is an accomplishment in itself), and the fact he was an 'original Devil' on his side.  Brylin parachuted in from '95 on but Dano was there during practically all of the dark early days.  Nothing against Brylin but you left out those two very important factors.

Brylin played professionally for 20 years, just not all in North America. Daneyko being around since the beginning makes for one hell of a story but still does not put him in the same category as Stevens, Brodeur and Niedermayer. 

Let's say in some alternate universe Brodeur, Niedermayer and Stevens all had their jerseys retired 1-2-3. With that precedent set, I don't think Daneyko's would go up fourth.