GDT: PHI @ NJD

MB3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel bad for any Flyers fan who spent the pretty penny to be there last night haha.. Clearly they didn't know what they were in for. The 1995 event brought a playoff atmosphere: noticed a lot more hostility to Philly fans (sometimes unwarranted, but that's okay by me as long as it doesn't get violent) than if it were a regular game; hasn't been that way since round 2 of the 2012 playoffs.

In contrast, I remember our first game against Philly, there was a complete lack of hostility. I think we lost 1-0, but the atmosphere was DEAD. Last night, phew, those orange jerseys walked into the hornet's nest. It must have been a real treat for Kinkaid and the other kids to play in that atmosphere, and more importantly play very well and get the win.

Edited by DJ Eco

Re: STH privelage I certainly hope they keep this up and do more. This is how you get STH and keep them at the prices we pay.

If I wanted to, I could probably spend 50% less on my tickets by going to stubhub for the 30+ of my seasons I go to but I'd never be in the same seat and I wouldn't have any of the perks.

RE: the Stanley Cup photo:  As a STH, it's another great perk that I got to enjoy with my family.  It's perks like these that keep me purchasing my seats and adds value for making the financial commitment we do.    

I thought the Devils handled this whole anniversary celebration very well.  The Alumni game was a great idea, with money raised from ticket sales going to charity a nice bonus.  The ceremony prior to the game was classy and not over the top (glad they didn't have the '95 team skating around the Rock with the Cup for a "victory lap").  My time slot for the pictures was 7:45-8, so I got to take the photo with the cup right after the game ended and had a very short wait time.  It seemed very organized which, as we all know, is a rarity for events run by the Devils.  Overall, just a great experience.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

Re: STH privelage I certainly hope they keep this up and do more. This is how you get STH and keep them at the prices we pay.

If I wanted to, I could probably spend 50% less on my tickets by going to stubhub for the 30+ of my seasons I go to but I'd never be in the same seat and I wouldn't have any of the perks.

This is what annoys me about the whole restrictions on selling our tickets nonsense. I can't even get the money I spent back on nights when I can't go. If I didn't like my seats so much I would absolutely go the stubhub route plan. I still should. It would save me so much money.

This is what annoys me about the whole restrictions on selling our tickets nonsense. I can't even get the money I spent back on nights when I can't go. If I didn't like my seats so much I would absolutely go the stubhub route plan. I still should. It would save me so much money.

Well - the fact that you can now sell back 5 games to the Devils at the value you paid certainly mitigates that issue to an extent.

Well - the fact that you can now sell back 5 games to the Devils at the value you paid certainly mitigates that issue to an extent.

Technically you get a credit toward next season's tickets. And you can sell more than five games, you just can't do it online on non-TE sites.

Are the Devils going to actually state this though? Or is it just what someone heard from a rep?

The latter for the moment but it wouldn't surprise me lol...I guess they just don't want to overtly come out and say 'yeah you can sell on our site, you just can't sell on anyone else's' even though that's exactly what they encourage.

Damn, was wondering why we were wearing white at home -- can't believe I didn't pick up on why.   I absolutely hated the changed to the colored jerseys for home games several years ago when it happened, but it's kind of grown on me.  I get why they did it -- each team has their own unique color/jersey that is special and represents them and only them -- and everyone else wears bland white while on the road.  I'm fine with it either way I guess.  It was moreso the nostalgia and fond memories of wearing white while winning the first Cup that touched me.

Damn, was wondering why we were wearing white at home -- can't believe I didn't pick up on why.   I absolutely hated the changed to the colored jerseys for home games several years ago when it happened, but it's kind of grown on me.  I get why they did it -- each team has their own unique color/jersey that is special and represents them and only them -- and everyone else wears bland white while on the road.  I'm fine with it either way I guess.  It was moreso the nostalgia and fond memories of wearing white while winning the first Cup that touched me.

Devils were born in an era when white was the home jersey and that's the jersey a lot of us grew up on watching.  For example on retro night, while it is nice to see the old colors it is still hard for me to really connect with the past as I do not have any personal memories of them with the red jerseys.  When I went to games when I was younger they wore the white Christmas tree jerseys at home and that's the memory I have.  I really wish they would have a thing where around Christmas time they would have a red "retro night" and in March have the White "retro night."  I do not think 2 games a year would kill that.

Other teams like the Leafs or Rangers when you watch classic films of them from the 50's and such are wearing their dark colors at home, so I can see the connection there.  In my perfect world every 10 years the NHL would reverse the darks and the whites for home and away, just to keep it interesting.

One retro night a year is enough. Anything else and for me it would kill the excitement and mystique of the game in March.

By the time the NHL switched the home jerseys with the away jerseys, it was badly needed. They should, and probably will switch back and forth every so often, but if they were going to keep it one way forever, then it should stay the way it is, with the colors being worn at home.

Edited by Neb00rs

One retro night a year is enough. Anything else and for me it would kill the excitement and mystique of the game in March.

By the time the NHL switched the home jerseys with the away jerseys, it was badly needed. They should, and probably will switch back and forth every so often, but if they were going to keep it one way forever, then it should stay the way it is, with the colors being worn at home.

Eh maybe you are right.  I have to say the excitement for Retro Night last year was kind of tempered with the Stadium Series game being less than 2 months prior with the same jerseys.  That and the Devils are now 1-4 since they brought back the retro jerseys has kinda diminished it a little.  At least they could maybe bring back the white retro for every even year on retro night and the red retro jersey for odd years could be a possibility.

Eh maybe you are right.  I have to say the excitement for Retro Night last year was kind of tempered with the Stadium Series game being less than 2 months prior with the same jerseys.  That and the Devils are now 1-4 since they brought back the retro jerseys has kinda diminished it a little.  At least they could maybe bring back the white retro for every even year on retro night and the red retro jersey for odd years could be a possibility.

I like the idea of using the white retro jersey and alternating it with the red one every other year.   It shouldn't bother Lou since it's not going off the board of what this team has worn in the past, and it doesn't change the crest in any way.  It would also make the owners happy as it is another jersey to sell to fans.  A win all around IMO.

I too do not get the sort of smear campaign being waged by some fans against STH.

This is coming from a non-STH btw.

It's jealousy. I too am a non-STH, in fact I've not been able to get to a single game this season, for both financial and scheduling reasons. But as far as I'm concerned, as a STH you pay for it and you should be able to do whatever you want with it, subject to the restrictions of the law (scalping tickets is illegal for everyone, should be the same set of rules for a STH).

You spend all that money and can't make an event, or don't want to that night, who am I to say what you should do with it??

It's jealousy. I too am a non-STH, in fact I've not been able to get to a single game this season, for both financial and scheduling reasons. But as far as I'm concerned, as a STH you pay for it and you should be able to do whatever you want with it, subject to the restrictions of the law (scalping tickets is illegal for everyone, should be the same set of rules for a STH).

You spend all that money and can't make an event, or don't want to that night, who am I to say what you should do with it??

Scalping tickets isn't illegal though.

Devils were born in an era when white was the home jersey and that's the jersey a lot of us grew up on watching.  For example on retro night, while it is nice to see the old colors it is still hard for me to really connect with the past as I do not have any personal memories of them with the red jerseys.  When I went to games when I was younger they wore the white Christmas tree jerseys at home and that's the memory I have.  I really wish they would have a thing where around Christmas time they would have a red "retro night" and in March have the White "retro night."  I do not think 2 games a year would kill that.

Other teams like the Leafs or Rangers when you watch classic films of them from the 50's and such are wearing their dark colors at home, so I can see the connection there.  In my perfect world every 10 years the NHL would reverse the darks and the whites for home and away, just to keep it interesting.

I hear you.  I didn't get to go to a ton of games as a kid because I only lived there til about 12, and I was in NY not NJ, but my initial memories of them as a kid we were the white jerseys at home (white/green) and then eventually the white/black.

I agree the retro night twice a year would be cool and wouldn't get old too fast.

Scalping tickets isn't illegal though.

To clarify, it's illegal to sell tickets for higher than face value.

To clarify, it's illegal to sell tickets for higher than face value.

Not entirely true. The law allows private people (ie not registered ticket brokers) to sell their tickets online at any price.

Just gonna throw this in there to commemorate the weekend the Flyers had.

YESSSSSSSS.

two things i love about this:

1. bill burr is the funniest guy alive, so thank you.

2. i will also like to associate this with the weekend the eagles had.  after dumping Mccoy, all the philly fans were saying,"hey, things are looking great, we'll come out of FA with Kiko, Gore, Mccourty, Maxwell, Maclin..."  hahahahaha

I like the idea of using the white retro jersey and alternating it with the red one every other year.   It shouldn't bother Lou since it's not going off the board of what this team has worn in the past, and it doesn't change the crest in any way.  It would also make the owners happy as it is another jersey to sell to fans.  A win all around IMO.

I would rather the Devils go that direction instead of putting together an entirely new jersey as a 3rd jersey.  You can bet the house that with 1-2 seasons after Lou's retirement they will introduce an alternate jersey.

Not entirely true. The law allows private people (ie not registered ticket brokers) to sell their tickets online at any price.

Oh, maybe it is different than in NJ.  I was pretty sure in FL (maybe not now, but in the fairly recent past) it was illegal regardless.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was different in NJ, considering you guys were one of the first to allow online gambling again.