With 15 games left, should Cory sit?

BostonNala370

I think there should be a 8-7 or 9-6 split in favor of Cory.  Cory is going to want to play more games and he should.  But I think it can't hurt to have KK play some more games, both to get more experience, and to find out if he's definitely your backup for next season.  Even if Cory only gets 8 more games, that will give him 66 on the season...he's shown he can handle a typical NHL starter's workload. 

Yeah, they should just go 60/40 - Cory/Keith down the stretch. Kinkaid's an RFA in July, doesn't hurt to get an extra look at him.

Kinkaid is not restricted - he's unrestricted. He won't have played enough games this year. That being said, I think the Devils will be able to resign him at a reasonable deal if that's the way they want to go. 2 year deal @ $750-$850k each. I would be fine with this.

Cory is not going to want to sit more than 40% of the time. He's your franchise goalie now, and while I do think he should get some extra rest, you can't totally cut him off. 

15 games left, I say he should have no more than ten of those, and he should rest any time there is a back to back, even if that makes it 9 or 8. 

But that being said, you have to also keep him happy. 

CR and all, thank for input but why would you start Cory 60% ? What's in it for him? I am thinking risk and he proved himself! Play Kinkaid see what we have. Cory is REAL no more tests!!!!!!!

Put a team in front of him!

What other people have said...bad teams don't shut down their best players unless there's a legit reason for doing so (like being banged-up or already injured).  I'm sure Cory wants to keep playing.  I think 8-10 games for Cory, 5-7 for KK. 

As many games as Cory wants to play, imo.

There's no postseason coming for him and, prior to last night, he's been lights-out for what feels like a month.  If he's loving the game, I say why not let him play.

I've already accepted the fact the team isn't going to tank.  No sense pretending they're not going to play Cory if he wants to play in hopes for a higher draft pick.

As many games as Cory wants to play, imo.

There's no postseason coming for him and, prior to last night, he's been lights-out for what feels like a month.  If he's loving the game, I say why not let him play.

I've already accepted the fact the team isn't going to tank.  No sense pretending they're not going to play Cory if he wants to play in hopes for a higher draft pick.

the devils were never going to tank and anyone who though so earlier was just fooling themselves.  Cory will play the majority of games imo.