Devils Membership Program?

ghdi

Spoke to my old ticket rep at the Ducks game. He said they are definitely trying to make a push for physical cards instead of paper tickets. STH next season will still get paper tickets this season but expect cards for partial plans either this season or next.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but:

The club seats will only be the 2 center sections now. The surrounding sections will be slightly cheaper, and you can get free food around the concourse every 15 minutes with your ticket.

Honestly I miss the CAA days when I could drive up to a game on a Weds night and it was no big deal. I wish sports went back to being sports not big businesses to be run... <_<

If that were still the case, the franchise would have probably moved out of New Jersey by now. Another thing to thank Marty & Co. For, if they didn't win a few cups and generate a bigger fan base, we'd all be commuting to Nashville for games.

Wat do I want as a fan?  I want to be able to say "Hey guys, lets go to a game tonight" and to be able to buy tickets at a reasonable price - have cheap parking and not some gimmick that tries to woo me like a real business.

It's hockey and I have my farm to table excursions I can plan -- the cost of everything is prohibitive and your distracting from either the hockey or the experience they are selling which is NOT hockey.

Honestly I miss the CAA days when I could drive up to a game on a Weds night and it was no big deal.  I wish sports went back to being sports not big businesses to be run... <_<

I'm not directing this to you exclusively, but I've seen a lot of this sort of commentary this year and it's bull. Our team was BAD this year. 9 games out of 10, there are $15-25 (MAX) tickets on StubHub anywhere from 1-4 days before the game. Our games have been MEGA accessible this year (like they were last year, and like they were 2010-2011.

No one's stopping anyone from NOT getting a ticket plan, but taking advantage of the $15-20 StubHub market that still exists, and yet our building's still always empty. So what's the issue???

Spoke to my old ticket rep at the Ducks game. He said they are definitely trying to make a push for physical cards instead of paper tickets. STH next season will still get paper tickets this season but expect cards for partial plans either this season or next.

Also, not sure if this has been mentioned, but:

The club seats will only be the 2 center sections now. The surrounding sections will be slightly cheaper, and you can get free food around the concourse every 15 minutes with your ticket.

Each lounge currently has 3 sections of club seats.  Next year it will just be the center section on both sides AND the first 10 or so rows on the other 2 sections of both sides.  Basically it will be an upside down T.

They are also bringing back unlimited food for the club seats.

I'm not directing this to you exclusively, but I've seen a lot of this sort of commentary this year and it's bull. Our team was BAD this year. 9 games out of 10, there are $15-25 (MAX) tickets on StubHub anywhere from 1-4 days before the game. Our games have been MEGA accessible this year (like they were last year, and like they were 2010-2011.

No one's stopping anyone from NOT getting a ticket plan, but taking advantage of the $15-20 StubHub market that still exists, and yet our building's still always empty. So what's the issue???

I've sold Devils merchandise as well as other teams merchandise for years now.  I will tell you one thing that many others who are actually in this kind of business full time have told me and it is 100% true: Devils fans by and large are cheap.

I dont use stubb hub.  I have no idea what it is even. 

My real point is that sports are out of control.  Maybe it's societies values. Tickets shoudl not be so high.  Altheletes do not need such a high salary.  Only working one year does NOT justifying making 5 million in that year.  Learn to manage money like everyone else - it's not anyone's problem if you feel entitled. These guys live this life -- they KNOW how overpaid they are.  But they want their piece of the pie because these "real business" runners are making OBSCENE amounts off the backs of their fellow man -- for NOTHING!  For an invention....

It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing.

:saddevil:

I think this sort of stuff is ridiculous.  I think multi-tasking is also ridiculous - it's the same principle and waters down the whole experience if you ask me.  If I want fine farm-to-table dining I'll go to a farm to table dinner.  If I want a beer garden I'll go to a beer garden.  If I want hockey accompany all that -- I'll shell out my $15 entry fee to hockey-fest 2015 and have a nice beer tent and watch a day of hockey with smaller games with local teams coinciding - with the main day game at 7pm - and wander around getting drunk and being able to wander long enough to sober up and drive home -- or with the train there at least that one doable option is there.

The US seems to be in the mood for this sort of thing now too -- hence the popularity of all these UK TV shows set in the 30s and 40s mindset.  Hockey fans are in that market.  Downton Abby is fine and all but Midsomer Murders, Foyles War etc and so forth makes us long for a certain way of life...

These guys are trying to hooking into the middle age fvcking miserable dipsh&#33;ts with too much money which they shell too much out to their previous wives while trying to make bitch #3 happy -who along with her sh&#33;tty over priced cardboard mansion and botox and blow outs and 4 children (oh and I love the 8 stepchildren we have too - but just a little less giggle.gif) must have her interests serviced which is pretty much this farm-to-table sh&#33;t no one is actually hooked into at all but "sustainable living" is one way to make up for the gross overpopulation they're contributing too and the fact they HATE the filth and stench of their neighborhood farms they moved next to to enjoy the RURAL LIFE  (ferfvckssake) to only to then proceed to kick the smelly farmers out of the community because can you BELIEVE the filth and squaller and the rooster?  OMG! Where are we IOWA?  --    Oh I HATE those ++++s so fvcking much -- why do you a&#036;&#036;holes marry them?  It's themselves isn't it -- that's what these guys are thinking about -and trying to relate to - all the miserable executives who run their fvcking real lives into the ground with the running of a "real business" and get so little joy out of it all.... it's so freaking sad.  No connection -- YUCK!

Please --- and you know -- I'm not that far off the grid -- I'm just in this other probably equally obnoxious sub-set  it's just that hockey is more in THIS realm -- MY realm.  Fat-assed middle class white folks - who get drunk and bitch about Obamacare incessantly -- Oh wait it's a hockey game -- they get to chant Rangers Suck to take care of that "need" picknose.gif

wow... you know I love humanity  I love life - I feel the species isn't a lost cause -- but I hate the sh&#33;t out of people....   barnie.gif

thank you.  Thank you you all for allowing me the place to vent this pretty terrible and offensive side of my personality.  Ahh... so relaxing on the hockey forum. Langue31.gif

Jesus christ most of that post had nothing to do with anything to do with ticket prices. I'll bitch about the Devils when they deserve it but there are plenty of cheap options to get to a game for 15 bucks or so. If you don't want to find them that's nobodies fault but your own.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Jesus christ most of that post had nothing to do with anything to do with ticket prices. I'll bitch about the Devils when they deserve it but there are plenty of cheap options to get to a game for 15 bucks or so. If you don't want to find them that's nobodies fault but your own.

But that was the point of the stupid post --  how it wasn't about ticket prices, but my nonsensical biases and imagined consumers they're reaching out to.  duh?

I got the same email about this offer filled out the form and was never contacted by anyone if you're going to offer this you should follow threw

I guess they looked all the names who signed up on their CRM and made a determination on who to invite based on prospects.  I got a call but a buddy of mine who is a STH never got a call back even though he signed up.  They probably didn't think it was worth it since they already have his money and not mine.  They also probably see that I go to 10-20 games a season so they were probably thinking I would jump all over this.

If someone signed up and they only go to 1-2 games a year by buying tickets through special offers or SH, I am not sure if I would jump all over that either if I was a rep of theirs.

Couldn't we focus on making the playoffs like the good ole days and leave all this fluff behind. Maybe i'm crazy but I want my sports teams to win,make the playoffs and do the jobs they were hired to do. Free this...shook so-n-so's hand,took a picture with this player....oh boy all for 3-4 grand. What a deal.

Its about winning the cup only.

Couldn't we focus on making the playoffs like the good ole days and leave all this fluff behind. Maybe i'm crazy but I want my sports teams to win,make the playoffs and do the jobs they were hired to do. Free this...shook so-n-so's hand,took a picture with this player....oh boy all for 3-4 grand. What a deal.

Its about winning the cup only.

I'm sure this, and this alone has drawn their attention away from trying to make the playoffs.

Not to belabor the point, but I came across this solid post on the value of the membership program (from Devils Dominion on HFBoards):

Who's invited to the Devils Flex Membership presentation tonight?

There is really not that much to cover, you pay a minimum of $2,500 with the option of making 12 monthly payments.

When the schedule is released, you call your rep and choose your games, amount of tickets (up to 8 per game) and seat locations based on availability.
You can add games/seats as the season progresses as long as you still have funds in your account. Ticket prices will be lower than box office but slightly higher than what full STHers pay.

You will be entitled to most of the membership benefits too including access to player events.

Great flexibility, should be a real game changer.

It's not for the "cost conscious" fan who scours the cheap seats on StubHub or offers to buy tix on Facebook Group pages for 1/4 of the sellers' cost.

But IMO it is a great fit for these types of fans:

*The Devils fan that had had full season tix at some point, enjoys the STH benefits and attending a lot of games but just cannot commit to most of them anymore and does not want to deal with the time & effort of finding buyers for the games they cannot make. Typically they find that they cannot sell them unless they drop the price below their cost or they end of eating them which causes anger & frustration and leads to many venting posts on Devils fan message boards.

*Small biz owners or sales professional who usually attends around 10-20 games per season to entertain clients, prefers lower level or premium areas, but it's too costly to get full season in those areas. Boom, Flex Membership to the rescue.

*The diehard Devils fan who likes to hit about half of the games and enjoys the player events. He/She now has the flexibility of buying a single ticket to weeknight games to sit with friends in the balcony & drink brews & yell YS! and then 4 tickets for certain weekend games to sit with his/her family in lets say the lower level. Full season tickets was not a good fit for this type of fan.

*The older fan that only likes to sit in the calmer lower level, will go to a fair share of games, never tries or knows how to re-sell their tickets, money/ticket pricing is not an obstacle in their post retirement/golden years.
But they are in Florida or a warmer climate for a few months out of the winter.
Flex Membership fits like a glove as they can now pick the lot of the early & late season games and even a few in between to give as Christmas gifts to their kids and grandchildren. They also want to feel appreciated and a part of something and Flex Membership will do so.

• Like 1

I think this is a great idea, and I would jump all over it if the minimum balance was lower.

In the same boat too.  When I went to the presentation a week or so ago I actually suggested to the ticket rep that they have an option where the buy in was lower (I suggested around 1000-1500ish) but as a trade off the person would only get 1-3 of the perks instead of all of them (I think this year with the events and stuff it was around 6-8).  She said it was not a bad idea but too late to do it for this season but perhaps something for the season after.