Albany Devils Thread - 2015-16 Edition

Triumph

AHL 4/22 - Division Semifinals - Game 1 (Best of 5)
Albany defeated Utica 3-2 to take a 1-0 series lead. Thomson, Boucher, and Blandisi had the goals. Mozik, Lappin, Zacha, O'Brien, Sislo, and Lorito had an assist each. O'Brien had 5 shots as the Devils outshot the Comets 29-14. The Devils also didn't allow Utica to get a shot on goal in the 2nd period. Wedgewood made 12 saves on 14 shots. Albany went 1/5 on the PP and 2/2 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Line Up:
Lorito-Blandisi-Sislo
Boucher-O'Brien-O'Neill
Kujawinski-Zacha-Thompson
Thomson-Pelley-Lappin

Helgeson-Mozik
Kelly-Severson
Gragnani-Scarlett

3 minutes ago, Jas0nMacIsaac said:

I will be in chat for the Albany game tonight. I payed the 44 dollars and gambled on getting a good deal on albany run this year.

Yeah, I'm thinking about buying tonight's game. I should be in there too

Edited by SMantzas

AHL 4/23 - Division Semifinals - Game 2 (Best of 5)
Albany defeated Utica 5-1 to take a 2-0 series lead. Offensive leaders for Albany were O'Brien with 2 goals and an assist, Boucher with a goal and 2 assists, and Severson with 3 assists. Thomson and Zacha had the other goals. Lorito and O'Neill also earned an assist each. Pelley and Boucher had 5 shots each followed by O'Brien with 4 as the Devils outshot the Comets 28-23. Wedgewood made 22 saves. Albany went 2/3 on the PP and 3/3 on the PK. Here is the gamesheet.

Line Up:
Lorito-Blandisi-Sislo
Boucher-O'Brien-O'Neill
Kujawinski-Zacha-Thompson
Thomson-Pelley-Lappin

Mozik-Helgeson
Kelly-Severson
Gragnani-Scarlett

ECHL Update
Adirondack won their 1st round series 4-1 over Manchester. They will take on South Carolina in the 2nd round. Appleby started all 5 games and finished the series with a .942 SV%, 4 Quality Starts, and a shutout. Johnson had 2 assists and Faust had an assist.

Albany advance to the next round winning 6-3. Pietilla with a huge night 2 Goals and 2 assists , Blandisi with 1 goal and an assist. 

Boucher got a goal and Zacha and Severson with an assist each.  

Next up the Toronto Marlies, wonder if we will see Lou at the games?

Proud of the boys.  We do have a few guys with NHL experience.  Marlies will be a tough out for sure. I'll bet Lou/Shero will be a game or two. 

Ever wonder if Toronto would like to have Sedin 2.0 (both Nylander brothers together) Unless of course they get #1

North Division Finals – Series “J” (best-of-7)
N1-Toronto Marlies vs. N2-Albany Devils

Game 1 – Wed., May 4 – Albany at Toronto, 7:30
Game 2 – Fri., May 6 – Albany at Toronto, 7:30
Game 3 – Sun., May 8 – Toronto at Albany, 5:00
Game 4 – Tue., May 10 – Toronto at Albany, 7:00
* Game 5 – Thu., May 12 – Toronto at Albany, 7:00
* Game 6 – Sat., May 14 – Albany at Toronto, 3:00
* Game 7 – Mon., May 16 – Albany at Toronto, 7:30
   *if necessary... All times Eastern

I watched the first period - from reading about the game, seems the lines were already jumbled because of O'Brien's injury.  Pelley was centering O'Neill which seemed odd to me but that's why.

Helgeson was with Mozik, I think Kelly was with Scarlett, which would put Severson with Gragnani.  I think that's right but I'm not sure.