John Hynes of Pens AHL team expected to be Next coach.

RunninWithTheDevil

I always thought Bylsma was the reason the Penguins didn't win more championships.  I clearly remember many Penguins fans calling him the worst HC they've had in recent memory.  I very much so would like the Devils to explore a different option.

All that I can think of when we talk about Boucher is the following:

I don't want this team to become a trapping nightmare again.  Because last year was boring enough.

Edited by Devilsfan118

I don't want this team to become a trapping nightmare again.  Because last year was boring enough.

It wasn't a nightmare when we were winning Cups and regular season accolades. I would LOVE to "ruin hockey" again if it means we start winning again haha

It wasn't a nightmare when we were winning Cups and regular season accolades. I would LOVE to "ruin hockey" again if it means we start winning again haha

Yeah plus let's be honest, this team really can't win with an up-tempo style right now, they don't have the talent.

Of course some people would rather just lose every game for the next five years, as if rebuilding was as easy as compiling a bunch of top five picks, or that five years lasted as long in real life as it does in NHL15.

what kills me about the whole, "lets ruin hockey again" if it meant winning is:

any team in the league can decide to trap.  do they choose not to because it sucks to watch and to play?

if possible i 100% want this team to not trap.

what kills me about the whole, "lets ruin hockey again" if it meant winning is:

any team in the league can decide to trap. do they choose not to because it sucks to watch and to play?

if possible i 100% want this team to not trap.

I just want to win. I don't care how they do it, just win. If we can win by scoring 5 goals a game, great. If we win scoring 2 goals a game, great. I don't care how it looks or who it pisses off- win.

I just want to win. I don't care how they do it, just win. If we can win by scoring 5 goals a game, great. If we win scoring 2 goals a game, great. I don't care how it looks or who it pisses off- win.

this. I do not care how ugly or boring games are, I want wins.  If that means trapping again, than so be it.  Its obviously worked for the Rangers this season

EDIT: also another point, if the Devils trapping and winning pisses you off, thats the definition of 'not really a fan'

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

I think that the only reason there is a stigma against trapping is because the media said it was bad.  But it was bad because a small market team did it and won because they were better than anyone else at doing it.  Look at the Rangers or the Kings.  I don't hear negative connotations about how they play because they make them money with bigger markets.  I want to win.  Being defensively sound, strong goaltending and timely goals win championships whenever you play - be it NFL, NHL, NBA or MLB.  I don't care who the coach is, so long as he can win.  I don't know how much Elias is going to follow a guy like that AHL guy from WB-S when he is a year older than he is.

I always thought Bylsma was the reason the Penguins didn't win more championships.  I clearly remember many Penguins fans calling him the worst HC they've had in recent memory.  I very much so would like the Devils to explore a different option.

All that I can think of when we talk about Boucher is the following:

The worst head coach in recent memory. Ha! They probably couldn't remember the coaches before them, and there were some bad ones. Eddie Olczyk says hi. This goes for pretty much all sports. Who cares what fans thinks of their coaches. 99% of the time it isn't relevant. That goes for the worst team in the league or the best. They all have issues with their coaches. I bet you Kings fans have had a ton of issues with Sutter. When Chicago is losing a coin flip to the Kings last year, I bet most Hawks fans had lots of problems with what Quenneville was doing. Two Cup Finals, and JuIien is not a well liked man in Boston.

I've been around Devils message boards for almost 15 years, and rarely has anyone been happy with a Devils coach be it Robinson, Sutter, Lemaire, Julien, Burns or Deboer. Sports are great. Devils fans will be telling any team that hires Deboer, "good luck, you're gonna need it!" Flyers fans prob happy when Laviolette was fired. Or Boudreau was the reason the Caps never advanced further in the playoffs. 

Very long story short, it's all noise, and in hockey especially, I don't buy that any coach is a reason why a team hadn't won more championships. 

Boucher initiated that 1-3-1 system because the team wasnt playing up to snuff. Hes not afraid to change his system or do whatever is needed to make the team better. He was given a short leash in Tampa. I believe he can be a good coach for us.

The worst head coach in recent memory. Ha! They probably couldn't remember the coaches before them, and there were some bad ones. Eddie Olczyk says hi. This goes for pretty much all sports. Who cares what fans thinks of their coaches. 99% of the time it isn't relevant. That goes for the worst team in the league or the best. They all have issues with their coaches. I bet you Kings fans have had a ton of issues with Sutter. When Chicago is losing a coin flip to the Kings last year, I bet most Hawks fans had lots of problems with what Quenneville was doing. Two Cup Finals, and JuIien is not a well liked man in Boston.

I've been around Devils message boards for almost 15 years, and rarely has anyone been happy with a Devils coach be it Robinson, Sutter, Lemaire, Julien, Burns or Deboer. Sports are great. Devils fans will be telling any team that hires Deboer, "good luck, you're gonna need it!" Flyers fans prob happy when Laviolette was fired. Or Boudreau was the reason the Caps never advanced further in the playoffs. 

Very long story short, it's all noise, and in hockey especially, I don't buy that any coach is a reason why a team hadn't won more championships. 

I agree.  Coaches are there to take the brunt of criticism.  That's why the average is 3 years.  Everyone makes out like NJ is some anomaly for having so many coaches, but that is what for which they are there.  I wouldn't say a coach didn't win individually but I watched Hockey and Noon today and they made a good point.  What if the Isles fired Al Arbour before they won their championships?  They were winning the Eastern Conference a few years, then dropped to the 6th seed or so before they won their cups.  I just think that coaches are just projections of their organization that get old because they are cheap and are a good way to show change without actually doing it.  Doesn't mean that a great coach can be replaced by a bad but rather just having a good coach is good.

I like the hire of DeBoer a lot.  I think he'll be a great fit in San Jose.

Good for him.  When he had the horses in 2012, this team played well and was fun to watch.  He had his issues, but he was dealt some severe blows by the losses of Parise and Kovy in back to back seasons.  Unfortunately, he's taking over another team trending downward, but I think he will work well in SJ. 

I've met him before and have played pond hockey with his pee-wee aged son.  Really good, nice people.   I wish him nothing but the best.