Lou's Future

Daniel

I posted this before, it is too late to replace Lou for the 2015/16 season.

Tri is absolutely correct, we must be planning for a get into the playoffs for 2016/17, not 2015/16 could happen but by accident.

We can't sign two or three old forward and hope they work in a long term contract at big buck with a NTC to see if we can make the playoffs run in 2015/16 that will screw us up long term.

It only satisfies Lou "do it today mentality, short term" get into the playoffs now.

We need IMO to solidify the D in front of Cory and Keith by getting one more vet on D "not Salvador, he must go" someone maybe Oduya on 2 year at best contract.

Trade Gelinas, part of a package for offense and go with our youth with the D,  dropping Harrold and Fraser.

The core for the offense of 2015/16 has to be Henrique, Cammy, Zajac, Elias, Josephson, Gomez, and Tootoo. We can add Boucher and Matteau. That leaves us with Bernier and Gionta to be consider, I say dump Gionta and take Bernier.  Buy out Zubrus and Ruutu.  Go get a player from UFA and trade for a player for the offense, youth and speed.  I think Lucic needs a new home and he is young and would play well with Canny and Gomez and would be our trade player. He has one year to go at $6 M. Not sure about the UFA player at this time.

We also need to add a AGM immediately to cover Lou in sickness and retirement. We need a HC and more management around Lou so if he goes because of  forced retirement in 2016 or his choice in 2016 to retire we aren't left as we are today with our balls in our hands, exactly as Lou wants it. IMO this is more important for 2015 than players.

Just more BS from W D'A he doesn't understand there isn't a short term fix that is acceptable.

Well it's not that lol 

Chiarelli got Erikkson, Peverley, Hamilton by trading Kessel, Wheeler and Seguin, won a cup in the last 5 years and only missed the playoffs once. But he's pointing out trading those guys we're like the worst thing ever.

Yet W D'A keeps on blindly defend Lou saying "he'll turn it around" even after our terrible drafting and after we missed the playoffs 4 out of 5 seasons. Also i'd take Erikkson, Peverley, Hamilton (and well Seguin) over what Lou got us for Niedermayer, Parise, Clarkson, Rafalski, Fayne and Gomez. lol 

Thats what you call wearing blinders though. It's fine to have an opinion on this and that but you can't bash Chiarelli on this and then ignore that Lou has done way way way worst and be okay with it lol

Edited by SterioDesign

Well it's not that lol 

Chiarelli got Erikkson, Peverley, Hamilton by trading Kessel, Wheeler and Seguin, won a cup in the last 5 years and only missed the playoffs once. But he's pointing out trading those guys we're like the worst thing ever.

Yet W D'A keeps on blindly defend Lou saying "he'll turn it around" even after our terrible drafting and after we missed the playoffs 4 out of 5 seasons. Also i'd take Erikkson, Peverley, Hamilton (and well Seguin) over what Lou got us for Niedermayer, Parise, Clarkson, Rafalski, Fayne and Gomez. lol 

Thats what you call wearing blinders though.

Why....

Chiarelli's firing is an odd one. You are right that if he's fired, Lou (and most GMs that ever miss the playoffs) should be canned We got no answers today, but my feeling is there were a few moves that him and Neely disagreed with, but Pete got final say. When it didn't work...he was gone.

Your argument that I quoted is silly. Why compare young talented players he traded all before their primes to UFA's the Devils lost. Imagine if Lou traded Niedermayer in 98 because Lemaire's system wasn't working for him. Imagine Lou dealt Gomez in 02 or any of these guys early in their career. In all cases, they would probably be bad moves. That's what the the Bruins trades were. Chiarelli trusted the coach, the system and the "right" players for it. He screwed up.

Did he deserve a chance to fix it. I definitely think so.

I don't know what's worse...the fact that so many people have spent time explaining why trading those players before the deadline wasn't a great move and may have been detrimental to the organization if he had, or that you keep bringing up the same thing over and over and over in any thread.

Why....

Chiarelli's firing is an odd one. You are right that if he's fired, Lou (and most GMs that ever miss the playoffs) should be canned We got no answers today, but my feeling is there were a few moves that him and Neely disagreed with, but Pete got final say. When it didn't work...he was gone.

Your argument that I quoted is silly. Why compare young talented players he traded all before their primes to UFA's the Devils lost. Imagine if Lou traded Niedermayer in 98 because Lemaire's system wasn't working for him. Imagine Lou dealt Gomez in 02 or any of these guys early in their career. In all cases, they would probably be bad moves. That's what the the Bruins trades were. Chiarelli trusted the coach, the system and the "right" players for it. He screwed up.

Did he deserve a chance to fix it. I definitely think so.

I don't know what's worse...the fact that so many people have spent time explaining why trading those players before the deadline wasn't a great move and may have been detrimental to the organization if he had, or that you keep bringing up the same thing over and over and over in any thread.

I really didnt go out of my way to bring it up and I was not comparing the trades he did with trades that we did. That was not the point. All i said is that Chiarelli's track record of bad moves since he was there (since 06) was looking a lot better than Lou's bad moves since 2006, there's really nothing worst than losing top core players for nothing, at least Chiarelli got something for them and it's not as if its THAT bad considering that (so thats why i brought it up) also Erikkson is producing and Hamilton will be a stud.

And then you seem to agree that if Chiarelly deserved to be fired, Lou should too. Thats about it. 

Edited by SterioDesign

I really didnt go out of my way to bring it up and I was not comparing the trades he did with trades that we did. That was not the point. All i said is that Chiarelli's track record of bad moves since he was there (since 06) was looking a lot better than Lou's bad moves since 2006, there's really nothing worst than losing top core players for nothing, at least Chiarelli got something for them and it's not as if its THAT bad, Erikkson is producing and Hamilton will be a stud.

And then you seem to agree that if Chiarelly deserved to be fired, Lou should too. Thats about it. 

Lou was the league standard for 2 decades, while Chiarelli was a good gm for about 4 to 5 years. There is a huge difference.

Lou was the league standard for 2 decades, while Chiarelli was a good gm for about 4 to 5 years. There is a huge difference.

and people make fun of Rangers fans for living in the past lol 

Brodeur was the league standard too for 2 decades... we still had to move on from him.

Edit: Ken Holland was the league standard for the last 2 decades... still is actually.

Edited by SterioDesign

Well it's not that lol 

Thats what you call wearing blinders though. It's fine to have an opinion on this and that but you can't bash Chiarelli on this and then ignore that Lou has done way way way worst and be okay with it lol

Understood but Chiareilli is smarter than Lou today, not in the past, but today.. Bruins missed the payoffs in 2006/2007 Devils missed the playoffs 4 out of 5 years. Chiarelli would bne a hrerat AGM for the Devils but would cost too much.

Understood but Chiareilli is smarter than Lou today, not in the past, but today.. Bruins missed the payoffs in 2006/2007 Devils missed the playoffs 4 out of 5 years. Chiarelli would bne a hrerat AGM for the Devils but would cost too much.

Chiareilli is so smart that he traded Tyler Sequin away. When has Lou ever lost a trade?

Chiareilli is so smart that he traded Tyler Sequin away. When has Lou ever lost a trade?

It was not a great trade but it's really not as bad as you make it to be. Erikkson and Sequin had a 30 pts difference this year.

Sure you'll focus on that one trade. When has Chiarelli lost as many assets as Lou did? Remember that time Chiarelli let his captain bergeron hit the market and sign with MTL his hometown and then got ryder and bobby Butler to replace his production? oh wait that never happened..... Remember that time he let Lucic who just scored 30 goals walk at free agency and signed Clowe to a ridiculous contract to replace him... oh wait that didnt happened either.

Edited by SterioDesign

It was not a great trade but it's really not as bad as you make it to be. Erikkson and Sequin had a 30 pts difference this year.

Sure you'll focus on that one trade. When has Chiarelli lost as many assets as Lou did? Remember that time Chiarelli let his captain bergeron hit the market and sign with MTL his hometown? oh wait that never happened..... Remember that time he let Lucic who just scored 30 goals walk at free agency and signed Clowe to a ridiculous contract to replace him... oh wait that didnt happened either.

Again with Parise. Lou tried to sign him. As for Clarkson, the Devils were tied for 8th when the deadline came and went. You don't sell when you are in that position, especially when you have one of the best left wingers in the game coming back, and you were a finalist the year before.

I hope you stick around when the Devils reascend to dominance with Lou at the helm.  

Edited by William D'Aquila

Again with Parise. Lou tried to sign him. As for Clarkson, the Devils were tied for 8th when the deadline came and went. You don't sell when you are in that position, especially when you have one of the best left wingers in the game coming back, and you were a finalist the year before.

I hope you stick around when the Devils reascend to dominance with Lou at the helm.  

That was not the point of my post. Lou failing to keep all his top guns resulted in patch work with Ryder, Bobby butler, Havlat, Brunner etc etc and failing to keep Fayne resulted in watching Fraser play that much. It's the GM's job to keep his assets, he failed.

That's a LOT worst than going from Seguin to Erikkson. 

you literally have to have the biggest blinders in the world to deny that. You have to look at recent results, whatever happened 15-20 years ago doesnt matter anymore. It's a business you need results. Jagr isnt making 10k a season cause he was the sh!t back then.

Edited by SterioDesign

That was not the point of my post. Lou failing to keep all his top guns resulted in patch work with Ryder, Bobby butler, Havlat, Brunner etc etc and failing to keep Fayne resulted in watching Fraser play that much. It's the GM's job to keep his assets, he failed.

you literally have to have the biggest blinders in the world to deny that. You have to look at recent results, whatever happened 15-20 years ago doesnt matter anymore. It's a business you need results. Jagr isnt making 10k a season cause he was the sh!t back then.

Fayne was a mistake. Wasn't Ryder a response to losing Parise? Havlat and Bobby Butler were 1 year deals that did not impact the Devils in anyway. They were shrewd signings, that if they worked, it would have been a tremendous coup for the Devils. 

I looked at the results, and I like what I am seeing. Elite Goalie signed for the next 6 years, a cupboard full of great young defenseman, and a number of early picks in the upcoming draft. 2/3 of the team is set for the long term, but you continue to ignore that.

This is where I have to disagree with you. Losing an asset to free agency is not as bad as trading a major building block that you've just locked up for paltry returns. That would be akin to Lou signing Parise to a 6 year contract and then trading him for Bobby Butler and Michael Ryder. That negates all the hard work and good decision-making you're claiming Chiarelli had in locking up a guy like Seguin long term by trading him for a bag of pucks.

SD, you've got to be joking about this. Tyler Seguin finished behind one player this season in points per game, Sidney Crosby. 30 points is not insignificant, especially in a league where the top scorer doesn't even hit 90. The gap between Seguin and Eriksson is more than a full Travis Zajac!

Clarkson, having the best season of his career, would have been stupid to not test free agency to see what kind of deal he could get. The Devils would have been equally stupid to sign him to the contract he got, as well. As for Parise, how can we ever know what really happened? Lou may have done much more than you think. If Parise was determined to test the market, there's not much Lou could have said. To me, it seemed like Minnesota was his plan all along.

This is where I have to disagree with you. Losing an asset to free agency is not as bad as trading a major building block that you've just locked up for paltry returns. That would be akin to Lou signing Parise to a 6 year contract and then trading him for Bobby Butler and Michael Ryder. That negates all the hard work and good decision-making you're claiming Chiarelli had in locking up a guy like Seguin long term by trading him for a bag of pucks.

80% of players who reach unrestricted free agency are no longer assets - they are just some form of liability.

SD, you've got to be joking about this. Tyler Seguin finished behind one player this season in points per game, Sidney Crosby. 30 points is not insignificant, especially in a league where the top scorer doesn't even hit 90. The gap between Seguin and Eriksson is more than a full Travis Zajac!

Clarkson, having the best season of his career, would have been stupid to not test free agency to see what kind of deal he could get. The Devils would have been equally stupid to sign him to the contract he got, as well. As for Parise, how can we ever know what really happened? Lou may have done much more than you think. If Parise was determined to test the market, there's not much Lou could have said. To me, it seemed like Minnesota was his plan all along.

Seguin is of course even better than that because of the marginal points he scores - we'd expect someone who gets his ice time to score something like 30-35 points at a minimum, so going 50-60 above that is pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Chiareilli is so smart that he traded Tyler Sequin away. When has Lou ever lost a trade?

I guess you don't follow the Bruins. Jeremy and Charlie Jacobs along with Cam Neely and Don Sweeney all signed up and pushed to trade Tyler because the Bruins were in cap trouble and the Cap trouble was on Chiareilli. Peter was guilty of doing the same things that Lou does but only less than Lou, old players, pay too much, contracts too long and NTM/NTC. Chiareilli mistake was letting Claude use the wrong players on the 4th line and trading Johnny Boychuk. Then Jeremy Jacobs in Jan or Feb comes out and says that THE BRUINS HOCKEY IS UNACCEPTABLE AND PEOPLE MUST BE ACCOUNTABLE. Foot in Mouth. Results someone must be fired. Hernandez is convicted and Chiareilli is evicted same day news. The news will stay on Hernandez story. Short fallout for the Bruins. Claude Julian my get fired for poor used of players and or a new GM wants his own head coach. If Don Sweeney does not get the GMs job in Boston then Harris should try and get him to NJ as AGM. He is proven and liked.

Edited by BostonNala370
  • Like 1

Well it's not that lol

The Bruins were terrible before PC got there in 2007 as GM I think. Hadn't won a cup in nearly 40 years, were one of the original 6. In his 7 or 8 years he restored the Bruins back to the team that everyone hated to play against, won the Cup one year, won the Presidents Cup another year and was in the finals another year Not bad, much better run than Lou during same period of time. Misses playoffs once and get fired. Other reasons as well read my post above. Edited by BostonNala370

I thought Neeley & Jacobs did a sh>tty job of tap dancing yesterday. Were not articulate at all. Jacobs looked like, you guys got balls asking us/me these kind of questions.

I enjoy watching people squirm trying to explain their rationale. B's barely missed the playoffs (had won 5 in a row before last two games) had they made the playoffs, he (PC) would've still been there.

3 Scouts werre fired as well!  At least they have Spooner, Pastrnak, and couple guys that might just turn out to be decent. 

I thought Neeley & Jacobs did a sh>tty job of tap dancing yesterday. Were not articulate at all. Jacobs looked like, you guys got balls asking us/me these kind of questions.

I enjoy watching people squirm trying to explain their rationale. B's barely missed the playoffs (had won 5 in a row before last two games) had they made the playoffs, he (PC) would've still been there.

3 Scouts werre fired as well! At least they have Spooner, Pastrnak, and couple guys that might just turn out to be decent.

And there was a rumor that they want to hire Milbury in some capacity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w

I was not comparing straight up. All im saying is that Lou has a lot more failure on his hands (quantity) than Chiarelli since the 05 lockout. And that one bad move shouldn't tip the scale and justify getting fired for one bad trade and missing the playoffs by like 2 points. 

The bruins has been a really well run franchise who won the cup recently. We've been a complete MESS for 5 years and weirdly got a cup run in the middle of that. Here's our track record

06: lost in round 2

07: lost in round 2

08: lost in round 1

09: lost in round 1

10: lost in round 1

11: out of playoffs

12: lost in round 4

13: out of playoffs

14; out of playoffs

15: out of playoffs

So we won 5 rounds of playoffs in 10 years. We went through like 10 coaches. We've lost Niedermayer, Rafalski, Gomez, Parise, Clarkson, Kovalchuk, Fayne, Gionta etc etc we've had terrible roster management that made us play down a man some night. We've gave up a top 12 pick cause Lou was too stubborn to give up on the 29th pick and picked a projected bottom 6 guy with it. Stuck with Salvador as a captain, signed a guy who almost got a concussion signing on the line. We're playing Fraser, and if Salvador would be healthy he'd take that spot, not any better. I wouldnt call that success and i'd call that really well justified to get you fired. Again im not saying Lou should be fired at the moment but he deserved it a lot more than Chiarelli. 

Chiarelli came in, they missed the playoffs his first 2 season which was fair and not his fault. Then they since won 10 rounds of playoffs, won the cup, made it to the finals another time and then missed the playoffs by like 1 or 2 pts. 

Brian MacLellan is still GM in washington right? The Forsberg trade is a LOT worst than the Seguin trade.

So yeah, i never said the Seguin trade was a good trade but i'd take that one mistake and all Boston's recent successover all the failures Lou accumulated in the last few years.

Edited by SterioDesign