2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Habs outshot them 49-34

yeah but thats just numbers, if you watched the game you'd know or remember that Ottawa always had the puck and were overpassing so lots of shots never made it to the net. They we're still making breakouts like a hot knife in butter. 

Kind of like us controlling the play for a full shift around the boards but no shots on net at all lol

yeah but thats just numbers, if you watched the game you'd know or remember that Ottawa always had the puck and were overpassing so lots of shots never made it to the net. They we're still making breakouts like a hot knife in butter.

Kind of like us controlling the play for a full shift around the boards but no shots on net at all lol

Their breakouts were a thing of beauty, wish we could have one like that all season, they did it the whole game

All 4 games yesterday were miles ahead of both Rangers-Penguins games in terms of intensity, speed, skill, physicality, even atmosphere. The Penguins have slowed the Rangers down and brought their play down to their level (which isn't very good). They're kind of playing like this year's Devils, and that's not usually a good thing, but in this case it might be the necessary means of beating a superior opponent, bringing them down to your level. (Don't forget, this year we beat teams like the Kings, Ducks, Canucks, Predators, Habs, etc.)

It's the only reason the Penguins may have a shot at this series. It was almost like the Penguins were trying to lose on Saturday and yet they pulled out a win. Same with their Thursday game, they were self-inflicting all their own wounds, and yet they were a bounce or not hitting the post away from a tie to force OT.

Crosby turned it on from the 2nd period-on, I think he may have woken up after that game. There's no reason to think they can get a few more wins if he and Malkin remain "on" and they take just the slightest bit less penalties than they have the past two games. It's unbelievable, the kind of calls that were being made when you compare it to all 4 games yesterday. Some of yesterday's games looked like a 1970s playoff match, but both Penguins games were called tighter than a preseason game.

Pretty great first round so far.

Disappointed about Ottawa though.  Who'd have thought goaltending would be their downfall in the post-season.

That's a bit of a stretch. Anderson kept the game 1-0 up to the 10 minute mark of the 3rd period. 

It's quite simple, Ottawa are not that great, they're outmatched by a strong Montreal team. They're playing at maximum capacity and can't get that extra push required to win a game here or there, mostly because they're not good enough. That being said, you have to give them a lot of respect for their effort, and have made each game (especially last night's) harder on Montreal than I would've thought in this series. They're winning a lot of battles over the course of the game but not winning the war when the game is over. Montreal just has more difference makers. Montreal are simply better in every area of the ice.

Here's a random as sh!t question for the board: during our 2012 run, does ANYONE know what the name of the song that was playing in the background of the intro video when the Patton quotes were being shown with clips of our playoff history?

I know the red intro song is Nine Inch Nails and the main highlight video song was Bitter End by the Veer Union, just cant for the life of me figure out what that bridging song was...

Here's a random as sh!t question for the board: during our 2012 run, does ANYONE know what the name of the song that was playing in the background of the intro video when the Patton quotes were being shown with clips of our playoff history?

I know the red intro song is Nine Inch Nails and the main highlight video song was Bitter End by the Veer Union, just cant for the life of me figure out what that bridging song was...

I'm sorry I don't know the name of it but that was the best intro I have ever seen. I can still watch that and get chills.

The beginning with the radar too, then the chants. Man that was great.

As an aside, the intro music to walking dead reminds me of the song you're looking for.

Maybe this pos team can try and play more than a period and a half next time. They can beat the fvcking rags if they stop taking penalties and if Malkin stops trying to be superman.

The Pens looked like the Devils for two periods. No exaggeration, I felt like I was watching the Devils for the first two periods.

The Pens looked like the Devils for two periods. No exaggeration, I felt like I was watching the Devils for the first two periods.

I completely agree, but they have showed all 3 games that they are capable of playing well. They should learn how to start a little earlier. Dont waste the flower's first good playoff performance in a while.

Johnson is playing great tonight, kid has a fire in his heart.

I remember watching that kid on the 2010 gold medal team. Somehow he went undrafted. You can make a strong case that he's been the Lightning's best player all year.