2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

I got a little misty eyed at the Sens there at the end with their fans. I'd like to see our team get into the playoffs again and be able to experience a thing like that.

No doubt about it, gotta feel for the Sens. Hell of a run to make it, then run into Price who is playing absolutely lights out.

If, god forbid, the Rangers advance, I hope the Habs get them in the Conference Finals and Price isn't taken out by Kreider again.

Spoken like a true Rangers fan. All the "real" fans decided to turn a profit instead of going to see the team play.

Times are tough. If you think we're the only ones doing it, you're a fool. People can't afford to go to every game anymore. Not in this economy. There's much more important things these days. I went to a grand total of 5 regular season games and 1 postseason game in the first round. That's despite sitting up in the nosebleeds with a obstructed view thanks to Dolan's renovation. The games aren't as fun. It's okay for fans here to take shots at MSG because they're right. The atmosphere hasn't been the same in years. You don't get the same crowds. The newbies are more concerned with being seen, boozing and foolish chants and commentary during games that borders on absurd. These same clowns show no respect for other fans not waiting for stoppages to take their seats and blocking our view. 

Sorry to break it to you. But my life doesn't revolve around the Rangers anymore. It's paycheck to paycheck at a inconsistent job where I'm doling out money on my car, food and a ridiculously overpriced health insurance thanks to the dopey president. 

Completely agree Steven has been invisible, Johnson is carrying the team.

Tampa has scored 10 goals in the series against Mrazek, who has 2 shutouts. Johnson has 4 of the 10. The other goalscorers are Boyle, Palat, Nesterov, Filppula, Killorn and Sustr all tied with 1. No goals for Stamkos and none for Callahan nor Kucherov, who had his breakout. Stamkos has 2 assists and 17 shots. Callahan has 2 helpers and 8 shots. Kucherov has 1 assist and 11 shots. That isn't going to get it done against a hot goalie.

Tampa has scored 10 goals in the series against Mrazek, who has 2 shutouts. Johnson has 4 of the 10. The other goalscorers are Boyle, Palat, Nesterov, Filppula, Killorn and Sustr all tied with 1. No goals for Stamkos and none for Callahan nor Kucherov, who had his breakout. Stamkos has 2 assists and 17 shots. Callahan has 2 helpers and 8 shots. Kucherov has 1 assist and 11 shots. That isn't going to get it done against a hot goalie.

Gotta hand it to Detroit for containing those guys. On the other side, Datsyuk and Zetterberg have not been controlled at all.

I got a little misty eyed at the Sens there at the end with their fans. I'd like to see our team get into the playoffs again and be able to experience a thing like that.

I'd like to think if the '11 team made the playoffs and gave a hell of a good run in the 1st round, the fans would give them a great send off. But the difference is this Sens team wasn't an underachieving team of star players or overpriced free agent signings. It's a young team that had 2 or 3 skaters over 30, no one with a bloated contract because their owner is too cheap add salary. It was great organic growth with a huge pinch of luck. But also, the death of their assistant coach to cancer, and the incredible fight of their GM who continues to be with the team even with stage 4 cancer....

Incredible season. As for the Canadiens. Man that's not a good team right there. Really felt the Sens could win the series after winning game 4.

I'd like to think if the '11 team made the playoffs and gave a hell of a good run in the 1st round, the fans would give them a great send off. But the difference is this Sens team wasn't an underachieving team of star players or overpriced free agent signings. It's a young team that had 2 or 3 skaters over 30, no one with a bloated contract because their owner is too cheap add salary. It was great organic growth with a huge pinch of luck. But also, the death of their assistant coach to cancer, and the incredible fight of their GM who continues to be with the team even with stage 4 cancer....

Incredible season. As for the Canadiens. Man that's not a good team right there. Really felt the Sens could win the series after winning game 4.

Its a testament to how a goalie can control a series. Hammond also coming to Earth hurt the Sens.

I'd be happy with the Devils sucking and major changes happening, rather then the Devils battling for the 8th spot, and thinking everything is back on track.

That's the way I feel, take a couple of years to build a competitive team. But I think we will get the bandaid fix to try and make it to the 8th spot.

Spoken like a true Rangers fan. All the "real" fans decided to turn a profit instead of going to see the team play.

I didn't go to any in the first round, but didn't turn a profit either.  Unless you count $3 a ticket as a profit.  Sold mine to guys who have been buying from me all year.  Have 4 regular buyers, gave 1 person game 2, another game 5.  This round, giving games 1 and 2 to the other guys.  Game 1 vs Pitt I gave to the guy who sits next to me so he could bring his kids.  This next series, will play by ear for game 5 and 7.  Have a 19-month old and the wife is pregnant again.  We have people to babysit, but we don't want to take advantage and thus waste it on early rounds.  However, with the prices people are getting, I can't blame those who sell for a profit, especially these early rounds.  If they make a run, it gets VERY expensive.  My season package costs $5,192 for 2 tickets.  The play-off tickets, if they played all 16 home games is $5,000.

• Like 1

i honestly can't say that i saw MTL playing well at all in that series. dumping the puck under pressure, getting hit, not able to get the puck out of their zone cleanly, their passing was bad. They score most of their goals on random broken plays. Sure people will mention that they outshot the Sens at some point but again, thats what  happen when you just look at numbers and ignore that MTL had 4-5 more PP than the Sens that game lol

I really feel for the Sens, they outplayed MTL big time and technically Anderson outplayed price through the 3-4 games they faced each other, he gave up one goal last game but so did Price, the refs just fvcked them over with that early whistle. Hammond made a lot of technical mistakes that ended up in the back of the net in the first few games and it really killed them.

I'm officially over my hatred for Parise. I want him and Minnesota to win the Stanley Cup. I watch him every game and his intensity and battle level are unmatched.

I mean, what are our alternatives? You really wanna see Chicago win it again? Maybe Anaheim, for some, I guess. Calgary's a great underdog to rally around but do you think they can handle the Rangers if they pull out a fluke and make the Finals (no one thought we'd make the Finals in 2012)? Similarly, I love Carey Price and what he's done but can they win the Cup? Can they get past the Red Wings or Bolts even? Rangers?

I don't know, the way the Wild handled the Blues (who were my pick to make the Finals) shows me they're the team to beat. They out-played one of the best teams built for "playoff hockey" in my opinion. I think they can take anyone at this point, Eastern teams included. On paper, I'd say Dubnyk's the weakest link and yet look how he's playing.

I'm officially over my hatred for Parise. I want him and Minnesota to win the Stanley Cup. I watch him every game and his intensity and battle level are unmatched.

I mean, what are our alternatives? You really wanna see Chicago win it again? Maybe Anaheim, for some, I guess. Calgary's a great underdog to rally around but do you think they can handle the Rangers if they pull out a fluke and make the Finals (no one thought we'd make the Finals in 2012)? Similarly, I love Carey Price and what he's done but can they win the Cup? Can they get past the Red Wings or Bolts even? Rangers?

I don't know, the way the Wild handled the Blues (who were my pick to make the Finals) shows me they're the team to beat. They out-played one of the best teams built for "playoff hockey" in my opinion. I think they can take anyone at this point, Eastern teams included. On paper, I'd say Dubnyk's the weakest link and yet look how he's playing.

As long as the Rags DON'T win, I don't care who does.

You wish you had the same opportunity.

You're god damn right. I wish I had the luxury of having the option of selling or not selling my playoff tickets. I've had the opportunity to see the Devils live in the playoffs once. I'm grateful any time I can get to a game.

Times are tough. If you think we're the only ones doing it, you're a fool. People can't afford to go to every game anymore. Not in this economy. There's much more important things these days. I went to a grand total of 5 regular season games and 1 postseason game in the first round. That's despite sitting up in the nosebleeds with a obstructed view thanks to Dolan's renovation. The games aren't as fun. It's okay for fans here to take shots at MSG because they're right. The atmosphere hasn't been the same in years. You don't get the same crowds. The newbies are more concerned with being seen, boozing and foolish chants and commentary during games that borders on absurd. These same clowns show no respect for other fans not waiting for stoppages to take their seats and blocking our view. 

Sorry to break it to you. But my life doesn't revolve around the Rangers anymore. It's paycheck to paycheck at a inconsistent job where I'm doling out money on my car, food and a ridiculously overpriced health insurance thanks to the dopey president. 

I didn't say the only people selling tickets are Rangers fans, you said most of the "real" fans were selling their tickets. Most "real" fans in most markets want to see their team in the playoffs, and aren't dumping their tickets as fast as they can. It's just a reflection of that garbage fanbase over there. All the real fans I know would walk up the parkway to see the Devils in the playoffs if they had the tickets.

Trying to blame Obama for the sh!tty fans?

Edited by thecoffeecake

You're god damn right. I wish I had the luxury of having the option of selling or not selling my playoff tickets. I've had the opportunity to see the Devils live in the playoffs once. I'm grateful any time I can get to a game.

I didn't say the only people selling tickets are Rangers fans, you said most of the "real" fans were selling their tickets. Most "real" fans in most markets want to see their team in the playoffs, and aren't dumping their tickets as fast as they can. It's just a reflection of that garbage fanbase over there. All the real fans I know would walk up the parkway to see the Devils in the playoffs if they had the tickets.

Trying to blame Obama for the sh!tty fans?

Weird because I have been to plenty of Devils playoffs games in the last 20 years where Round 1 games were not exactly sellouts.

Problem with the Blues is, they always take a dive in the playoffs no matter how good they are in the regular season.  I will never believe the hype surrounding that team until they actually prove it and I actually picked them to lose to Minny in round 1, so I'm not shocked by their ouster.  Wild-Blackhawks should be a fun series to watch. 

As long as the Rags DON'T win, I don't care who does.

Exactly.

All the real fans I know would walk up the parkway to see the Devils in the playoffs if they had the tickets.

Not as if Devils play-off tickets are hard to get in the first 2 rounds.  So, I guess everyone you knew went to every game?

Problem with the Blues is, they always take a dive in the playoffs no matter how good they are in the regular season.  I will never believe the hype surrounding that team until they actually prove it and I actually picked them to lose to Minny in round 1, so I'm not shocked by their ouster.  Wild-Blackhawks should be a fun series to watch. 

It really is crazy.  Off the top of my head, they have been to the Conference Finals I think once in the last 30 years?

There are very few obstructed view seats upstairs.  Last 2 rows of the 400s.  I sit in the 200 level barstools, last row of the arena, no obstruction at all.

Are people really getting on Matteau for selling a few games in the early rounds. Ticket pricing is a rape. In a lot of cases, you end up paying more for playoff tickets than regular season tickets and then a few weeks later they'll hit you up for next season. Money is money. If selling game 5 of the first round is an issue, you're nuts. 

Yeah, I can understand Rangers fans selling their playoff tickets. I mean, if you go to every Rangers game at MSG on a deep playoff run, you could very easily end up spending what could be a down payment on a house. It's a sad state of affairs for the long-time fans who I think deserve to be able to see their team make a run, but I don't hold it against them. You're pretty much paying for a second season ticket plan, maybe more. Not many people have that kind of money handy, and that's sh!tty on the part of ownership and how much they've risen ticket prices, "because they can."

Watching Zach win is like watching a really hot ex-girlfriend have an amazing relationship with another guy. Hurts.

Which makes it all the better NOT to watch.  Why torture yourself?  Just glad he's not doing this in Broadway Blue. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Not as if Devils play-off tickets are hard to get in the first 2 rounds.  So, I guess everyone you knew went to every game?

It really is crazy.  Off the top of my head, they have been to the Conference Finals I think once in the last 30 years?

In 2012, I was a full-time college freshman working for minimum wage. Most of the people I knew were in the same boat at best. I tried to go to the last Devils-Rangers regular season game at home that year and just couldn't afford it. But a lot of people I know (or knew then) went to a lot of games in 2012. I know I didn't hear of anyone I knew personally selling off their tickets. Not one. Not as if I come from a hockey hot-bed and knew a hundred Devils fans who all held onto tickets or something, though. I just can't imagine having tickets in hand and deciding not to go to a single game in the first round. The point, the statement was "most" of the real fans sold off their tickets. I'm not saying you or Derek aren't real fans and didn't have every good reason not to go, but to think that most of those "real" Rangers fans were selling off their tickets is a reflection of what kind of fanbase exists over there.

In 2012, I was a full-time college freshman working for minimum wage. Most of the people I knew were in the same boat at best. I tried to go to the last Devils-Rangers regular season game at home that year and just couldn't afford it. But a lot of people I know (or knew then) went to a lot of games in 2012. I know I didn't hear of anyone I knew personally selling off their tickets. Not one. Not as if I come from a hockey hot-bed and knew a hundred Devils fans who all held onto tickets or something, though. I just can't imagine having tickets in hand and deciding not to go to a single game in the first round. The point, the statement was "most" of the real fans sold off their tickets. I'm not saying you or Derek aren't real fans and didn't have every good reason not to go, but to think that most of those "real" Rangers fans were selling off their tickets is a reflection of what kind of fanbase exists over there.

Our "real" fans openly brag about doing the exact same thing when playing the Rangers or any other team that our arena actually sells out for, regardless of who they sell the tickets to.

If you have a chance to make up a good chunk of what you paid for the entire series or season, in some cases, by selling a game or two, why the hell not do it? It makes financial sense and you're no less of a fan if you watch the game at home or at the arena or at the bars across the street from the arena.

Edited by jagknife