2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Zuccarello out indefinitely.

@NYP_Brooksie: Rangers announce that Zuccarello will be sidelined indefinitely with upper body injury. It is suspected concussion.

I've been saying it a lot, and yeah, just add another checkmark off the list. Rangers really aren't as "lucky" this year as they were last year. I think Girardi, Staal and Yandle are playing with significant injuries (in my opinion), and now Zuc's out.

They're getting beat up a lot earlier than last year, Pittsburgh first round was a much more physically demanding series than I think any of the series were last year before they reached Kings in the Final. As far as the physical game is concerned, I feel like they cruised through all three rounds last year. Philly and Pittsburgh did not play physically, and Montreal only had a few physical moments. This year, Pens laid it on them (a bit dirty at times) and I think either Isles or Capitals will take their toll, whether they win the round or not.

Edited by DJ Eco

I've been saying it a lot, and yeah, just add another checkmark off the list. Rangers really aren't as "lucky" this year as they were last year. I think Girardi, Staal and Yandle are playing with significant injuries (in my opinion), and now Zuc's out.

They're getting beat up a lot earlier than last year, Pittsburgh first round was a much more physically demanding series than I think any of the series were last year before they reached Kings in the Final. As far as the physical game is concerned, I feel like they cruised through all three rounds last year. Philly and Pittsburgh did not play physically, and Montreal only had a few physical moments. This year, Pens laid it on them (a bit dirty at times) and I think either Isles or Capitals will take their toll, whether they win the round or not.

Zuccarello is a significant blow, but I don't think they're getting any more beat up than last year with Philly. That series went 7, this one only 5. If anything the cumulative fatigue of long playoff runs in 12 and 14 may catch up with them next round or in the conference finals...but I don't the Pens really did much.

Zuccarello is a significant blow, but I don't think they're getting any more beat up than last year with Philly. That series went 7, this one only 5. If anything the cumulative fatigue of long playoff runs in 12 and 14 may catch up with them next round or in the conference finals...but I don't the Pens really did much.

And in Zuccarello's case, he took a McDonagh slapper to the dome. It wasn't anything Pittsburgh did.

All right, tonight's the night.  Who do you want facing the Rags, the lay-down-and-die Caps or the terribly-injured Isles?  I assume the Bolts are still preferred by the board, although these struggles with the Wings don't inspire confidence...

Edited by JSR

All right, tonight's the night. Who do you want facing the Rags, the lay-down-and-die Caps or the terribly-injured Isles? I assume the Bolts are still preferred by the board, although these struggles with the Wings don't inspire confidence...

I can't really decide... I wanted the Isles up until they've become so banged up. Now seeing how physical the Caps have been playing, I have the hope that even in the likely event they don't beat the Rags, they'll at least pummel them physically and weaken them for the ECF. The Isles would still be an emotionally draining series for the Rags though, and that's a series that could really get nasty. I guess I'm just gonna enjoy the game and whoever wins, wins. Edited by MadDog2020

In 2012, I was a full-time college freshman working for minimum wage. Most of the people I knew were in the same boat at best. I tried to go to the last Devils-Rangers regular season game at home that year and just couldn't afford it. But a lot of people I know (or knew then) went to a lot of games in 2012. I know I didn't hear of anyone I knew personally selling off their tickets. Not one. Not as if I come from a hockey hot-bed and knew a hundred Devils fans who all held onto tickets or something, though. I just can't imagine having tickets in hand and deciding not to go to a single game in the first round. The point, the statement was "most" of the real fans sold off their tickets. I'm not saying you or Derek aren't real fans and didn't have every good reason not to go, but to think that most of those "real" Rangers fans were selling off their tickets is a reflection of what kind of fanbase exists over there.

Oh stop, we've seen it here before first hand. Rangers fans are doing the EXACT same thing a lot of Devils fans did around 2003. Save the money on the early round games to help pay for the later rounds that have come to be expected.

Only difference is the Devils don't have NY on their chest and the demand for the tickets aren't the same. The Devils had non sell outs in early rounds while Rangers sold out and turned a profit in some ways.

2012 ECF is totally different than a 2015 first round series. Can't stand the Rangers but calling out these guys is bush league

• Like 1

Weird because I have been to plenty of Devils playoffs games in the last 20 years where Round 1 games were not exactly sellouts.

Yea dude, there aren't exactly a lot of us.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I suppose if you don't have the privilege of going to games all the time you see things a little differently.

What's with the caps regular season eastern conference champions banner? I know I've seen it before. That's definitely not a normal thing to hang a banner up for, right?

Yea dude, there aren't exactly a lot of us.

I guess I'm in the minority here. I suppose if you don't have the privilege of going to games all the time you see things a little differently.

What's with the caps regular season eastern conference champions banner? I know I've seen it before. That's definitely not a normal thing to hang a banner up for, right?

When you make one Stanley Cup finals in your team's history, you'll celebrate as much as you can, I guess.

When you make one Stanley Cup finals in your team's history, you'll celebrate as much as you can, I guess.

I remember when the only Devils banner was "1987-88 Patrick Division Playoff Champs".  That one always seemed a little shaky to me.