2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

That's the new 87-88 banner. Original one had the old Red, White and Green colors. Apparently Lou had it replaced a while ago so it matches the rest of them.

That's what I was referring to. Doesn't seem like much of a Lou move to replace an original banner so it matches. It would be pretty neat to have the original green and red one up there

That's what I was referring to. Doesn't seem like much of a Lou move to replace an original banner so it matches. It would be pretty neat to have the original green and red one up there

I think I remember hearing a story where someone asked Lou about it and he said he wanted it changed for it to match.  I think he also said the original one is in their storage.

eh, Brooks is wrong, the Caps are way way better than a limping undermanned Isles team. Just looking at the Isles last night they were on fumes. Rangers probably would've handled them quite easily (3 defenseman missing...come on)

Brooks is washed up. Half the stuff he writes makes no sense. The column he wrote on the Islanders irked me. It lacked decency. It would've been great for the city. The Caps are more than Ovechkin and Backstrom. Kuznetsov was their most dangerous forward. Ward is pretty effective as are Brouwer, Chimera, Johansson, Laich. Adding Orpik and Niskanen improved the D. They play Green on the third pair with Gleason.

I expect a tough series. Especially without Zuccarello. The Rangers get Klein back. Yandle didn't practice but he's playing Game 1 Thursday. It'll be up to other forwards to step up without Zucc. MSL, Kreider particularly. It should be a good series.

Brooks is washed up. Half the stuff he writes makes no sense. The column he wrote on the Islanders irked me. It lacked decency. It would've been great for the city. The Caps are more than Ovechkin and Backstrom. Kuznetsov was their most dangerous forward. Ward is pretty effective as are Brouwer, Chimera, Johansson, Laich. Adding Orpik and Niskanen improved the D. They play Green on the third pair with Gleason.

I expect a tough series. Especially without Zuccarello. The Rangers get Klein back. Yandle didn't practice but he's playing Game 1 Thursday. It'll be up to other forwards to step up without Zucc. MSL, Kreider particularly. It should be a good series.

it will be a good one. Should go 7. Toss up really, Rangers are still the better team even without MZ and a hobbled Yandle. And they're used to game 7's. Coin flip...but edge Rangers if I were to be unbiased.

• Like 1

it will be a good one. Should go 7. Toss up really, Rangers are still the better team even without MZ and a hobbled Yandle. And they're used to game 7's. Coin flip...but edge Rangers if I were to be unbiased.

The Isles took them to seven and they were hurting. Rangers much better than the Isles. I can't see seven. Rangers took Pittsburgh in 5 Fluery played great and all games were won by 1 point. I think Rangers in 5 or worse case 6.

it will be a good one. Should go 7. Toss up really, Rangers are still the better team even without MZ and a hobbled Yandle. And they're used to game 7's. Coin flip...but edge Rangers if I were to be unbiased.

Lundqvist is the key. The Rags have a big edge in net.

it think this is pretty optimistic but I hope you're right. To me the caps just aren't good enough, they rely too much on their PP and don't have a ton of scoring depth, which is exactly why they can never get over the hump.

Really the only thing different about this Caps team from previous iterations is the coach, and although Trotz has a good reputation his playoff record is not sterling.

I'm not surprised he got a game. He raised up to make the hit and caught Kucherov both on upper chest and chin. Kerry Fraser felt he deserved a game. Also couldn't believe Ovechkin's dangerous hit from behind on Hickey wasn't a penalty. Felt it should've been a major. I felt at least 4. 

I'm not surprised he got a game. He raised up to make the hit and caught Kucherov both on upper chest and chin. Kerry Fraser felt he deserved a game. Also couldn't believe Ovechkin's dangerous hit from behind on Hickey wasn't a penalty. Felt it should've been a major. I felt at least 4.

I agree. I love ovi and usually he makes good, aggressive plays. But that hit was beyond dangerous

The cost for some of these seats is astronomical. Matteau has it tougher. Those are higher priced. I talked to a guy who made a killing during last year's Cup Final run. That's how he was able to afford his seats this year.

It's supply and demand. I don't have to be there for every game. Expectations are through the roof. Last year, I went to Game 5 vs Flyers and Game 6 vs Pens. Both wins. I went to 2 Habs games including the clincher which was my favorite moment. Never been there for anything like that. I went to Game 3 vs Kings. They got shutout. LA dominated. You can't win them all.

How about that Tyler Johnson. Two more goals making it 6 vs the Wings. He's carrying the Lightning. I don't think they're a lock in Game 7 due to Bishop, who looks shaky. He is really fighting the puck. And Stamkos remains stuck on zero.

Believe it or not, mine are the 4th cheapest in the building.  I pay the same as the upper 200 centers.  Obstructed 400s are the cheapest, then 400s, then upper 200 corners, then mine.

Just to give you an idea, I posted game 5 of this series on the ticketexchange last night.  My price is $109.80 each.  $122 face minus 10% for renewing for next season early.  They sold overnight, after fees, I got $300 each.  The buyer paid a little $400 each.  If you are not familiar, with ticketexchange, seller puts in the amount they want to receive.  They then add the seller commission, the buyer commission, and the ticketdisaster surcharges.  It is an effin racket for them.

But, guy who sits next to me has his tickets for tomorrow up.  Lowered them to 200 each and they haven't sold.  If he doesn't get it, then I will go with him.  Market is just weird.

Edited by Matteau#32

Those are much better. Great view up there. Congrats on your wife being pregnant. 

Thank you.  Yeah, my old seats were section 213 row 21.  View was great, tv was right in front of me, but I hated the seats.  People constantly getting up, and after a whistle, if it is not a tv time-out, it is impossible for people to get back to their seats before puckdrop.  Plus, seats are actually lower to the ground than the old 400s and when you are 6'2", you notice it.  Also wasn't as much leg room.  With the barstools, they are much more comfortable, have a counter for food, drinks, to lean on.  Seats are also much higher than the regular seats so when people get up during play, it doesn't block my view.

Supposedly, Yandle has had a case of the sniffles.  He could have practiced, but they sent him home to keep him away from the team and spreading anything.  Not sure if it is true, saw it on twitter.  One of the beat writers, but I forget which one.

Supposedly, Yandle has had a case of the sniffles.  He could have practiced, but they sent him home to keep him away from the team and spreading anything.  Not sure if it is true, saw it on twitter.  One of the beat writers, but I forget which one.

I don't buy it. I forget which game, but I think it might've been 2 or 3, I remember him hobbling to the bench after a hit. Girardi the same, twice (one of which I think was blocking a puck??)... I'm convinced Girardi and Yandle are both significantly injured.

That's the new 87-88 banner.  Original one had the old Red, White and Green colors.  Apparently Lou had it replaced a while ago so it matches the rest of them.

This is the sh!t Lou toils with while the organization is going down in flames behind him....

It happened in like '94 or '95 lmao. People really will bag on Lou for anything these days.

That sounds about right.  lol I was surprised too that it was brought up now because I was thinking "why bring up something now that happened years ago?"

Plus the old banner looks exactly the same as the current one, with just the black ring in the logo replaced by the green.

banner250.jpg

Edited by DevsMan84

It happened in like '94 or '95 lmao. People really will bag on Lou for anything these days.

Noted, I take it back then.

But yeah, it brought me back to last season when we were featured on NHL: Revealed. You could tell Lou gave Brodeur full license to be featured and followed, and you could also tell Lou sat on the clipping room floor editing out anything else Devils-related. You could tell it was all him.

It's just hard to appreciate the rules and structure Lou's kept for more than two decades when we're now a losing team. Our organization needs to open itself and endear itself more to local fans now more than ever.