2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

That's too funny.

That's how I feel of every player that willingly leaves the Devs!

Only thing is they didn't leave.  Cally was traded.  Boyle and Stralman by all accounts wanted to come back, would take less money to stay, and Sather didn't want them.  He made a mistake with Stralman, not so much on Boyle.  If Dan Boyle had signed elsewhere, they probably re-sign Stralman.

Only thing is they didn't leave. Cally was traded. Boyle and Stralman by all accounts wanted to come back, would take less money to stay, and Sather didn't want them. He made a mistake with Stralman, not so much on Boyle. If Dan Boyle had signed elsewhere, they probably re-sign Stralman.

B.Boyle was good for them but wasn't missed due to Hayes/Brassard stepping up and Dom Moore is a solid 4th liner as usual. Stralman>>>>>>Dan Boyle imho

Garden is absolutely silent- even before ovi's goal you can hear a pin drop. It's amazing how that building gets filled with stuffy suits, it seriously is a terrible atmosphere for playoff hockey.

really i thought it sounded pretty loud up until that goal.. and leaps and bounds louder then any game in our building this whole season..just saying

really i thought it sounded pretty loud up until that goal.. and leaps and bounds louder then any game in our building this whole season..just saying

lol really? I only turned it on about 8 minutes into the first but I seriously could not hear anything but the commentators unless the rags had a scoring opportunity. Maybe it's my tv.

lol really? I only turned it on about 8 minutes into the first but I seriously could not hear anything but the commentators unless the rags had a scoring opportunity. Maybe it's my tv.

actually theyre really only loud when the rags are getting chances and theyve had quite a few ..caps need another goal here!

Garden is absolutely silent- even before ovi's goal you can hear a pin drop. It's amazing how that building gets filled with stuffy suits, it seriously is a terrible atmosphere for playoff hockey.

I was there last season for the two Devils-Rangers games. I was absolutely blown away by how tame it was. I wasn't heckled once: not during the game, not on our way in and not on our way out (although to be fair, we won both ones I went to, but still). Now, some might say "That's classy," but let's call it what it was: a building full to the gills with... not-big-hockey-fans. I know the difference because the first game I went to there must've been about 10 years ago and the atmosphere was definitely better. But now... I mean, there were people watching the TVs that are installed in the front rows of the mezzanine sections while the game was going on, I think there was basketball on or something.

Now, for fairness's sake, I'll compare it to the Islanders. I've been to Nassau Coliseum 6-7 times (vs. MSG 4-5 times). I actually haven't been there during the past two seasons, while they've been good, so I think the comparison is fair. I've never heard a quiet atmosphere at Nassau Coliseum. That building was depressing but the place was definitely loud, losing season or not.

It's not a reflection on you guys (Derek/Matteau), it's just a sad state of circumstances that the owners have put the real fans in, and it's pretty depressing. I, for one, enjoy going to a hostile building as long as I'm safe and it's all in good fun (which it was/used to be). I had to use the bathroom during the middle of the 3rd period, and there were just people in suits walking around, standing around (discussing stuff?), tourists walking around snapping pictures, etc... It was just a weird scene, a weird vibe. And neither game was a blowout either, in both games the Rangers tied the game with 5 or so minutes left, so they were fantastic nailbiter games.

I don't know... I'm still predicting them to beat the Capitals and only then on like the clinching game will you hear it get loud and the Rangers fans will tell you all about how loud they get and how amazing MSG is and yadda yadda bla bla...