2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Ugh. I feel like the caps will get rocked in game 6 now. If this goes 7, it's all Rangers

How can you not?  This is the Caps' MO every...single...playoffs.  Finding new and exciting ways to choke.  They've already choked away two other series in the last four years against this same team.

I'm not sure the Rangers can grind out three straight wins that way.

If any team can do it, it's that team (well exempting the Kings but when they come back from 3-0 or 3-1 they usually mix in a blowout win or two).  They're like cockroaches that won't die.

I'm not sure the Rangers can grind out three straight wins that way.

They outplayed the Caps for most of the game. I know some people said they did in previous games, but they really didn't then. However, tonight they did and that worries me going into Sunday.

Edited by DJ Eco

How can you not? This is the Caps' MO every...single...playoffs. Finding new and exciting ways to choke. They've already choked away two other series in the last four years against this same team.

If any team can do it, it's that team (well exempting the Kings but when they come back from 3-0 or 3-1 they usually mix in a blowout win or two). They're like cockroaches that won't die.

Not like that. The Caps aren't last year's Penguins. They're not winning these games with their speed and skill. They're getting physically worn down playing Washington's game. While I agree for the Caps it's likely win game 6 or it's done, the same situation we were in in 2012, i'm not jumping off this bandwagon yet. Holtby has been too damn good.

The Rags will win in OT now. You just know it.

When they tied it, I wasn't sure what would happen. All you can do is hope. It was awesome being there for that. There's nothing like playoff OT. I'm just glad they found a way because Holtby was great. Those 2 saves on MSL were spectacular. And when another of their depth players Glencross of all people gets his own rebound and chips it in, I was thinking that figures. A microcosm of the series. 

They never gave up. Had that been an icing, Yandle never atones for his mistake and Stepan doesn't make a great drop for Kreider. Hockey is so weird. It's a game of inches. Tomorrow, it could go either way. The Caps don't want to come back for Game 7. It's going to be desperation mode for both teams. If the Rangers can get the jump early, I feel good about their chances. 

alot of people buzzing over the rags taking game 5.. i mean you people didnt seriously think they were going to just roll over and die did you? I pretty much had them hooked to win that game didnt see anyway they were going to lose it

When they tied it, I wasn't sure what would happen. All you can do is hope. It was awesome being there for that. There's nothing like playoff OT. I'm just glad they found a way because Holtby was great. Those 2 saves on MSL were spectacular. And when another of their depth players Glencross of all people gets his own rebound and chips it in, I was thinking that figures. A microcosm of the series.

They never gave up. Had that been an icing, Yandle never atones for his mistake and Stepan doesn't make a great drop for Kreider. Hockey is so weird. It's a game of inches. Tomorrow, it could go either way. The Caps don't want to come back for Game 7. It's going to be desperation mode for both teams. If the Rangers can get the jump early, I feel good about their chances.

The Caps have to win game 6. If they don't, they're done. I mean, I don't think anyone really expected the Rangers to lose last night. But it was a textbook Caps sh!t the bed playoff loss in the way that it happened. So for them it's pretty much either win game 6 or get the golf clubs out of storage.