2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Ranger fans dumping Lundqvist left and right on social media tonight is hysterical. I can't believe how many "should have played Talbot and traded Lundqvists" I've seen.

to be fair, there were some posters on here who floated the idea of trading Schneider and rolling with Kinkaid this year after Keith had a decent start. Every fan base has it's idiots... Just the rangers have a higher proportion.

People who suggest trading Lundqvist are not idiots. In sports, there's always a group of people who just assume that a star player is stupid to trade, and then it happens and it becomes the right thing to do. I'm not saying that is the right thing here or that it was the right thing to do earlier in the season, but a bunch of you guys are making pretty inexperienced arguments here with "Are they crazy! He's been their star for so long!" That argument just means nothing. Never does. Right now Rangers fans are also emotional, and they are doing what fans do. Obviously when Lundqvist sucks for two games in the ECF people are going to call for his head. How do you all not know that?

And P.S. with a goalie as good as Talbot riding the bench, it's perfectly legitimate for fans to want him to start at this point. Brushing off 12 GA in 2 games to, "it's just the sucky Rangers defense is extremely vapid."

Nonetheless, I'd be surprised if Henrik doesn't start game 4. He'll most likely even have a bounce-back game.

Edited by Neb00rs

to be fair, there were some posters on here who floated the idea of trading Schneider and rolling with Kinkaid this year after Keith had a decent start. Every fan base has it's idiots... Just the rangers have a higher proportion.

it was just one poster to be fair. lol that william something guy

omg come on, did you even watch those series? Bishop was amazing and helped the team with his puck handling too

I did and while his puck handling was superb, he wasn't all that great the rest of the series.  I mean he wasn't horrible but he wasn't at all the difference maker.  Rangers faced much better goaltending against Washington and even Pittsburgh with MAF putting on his best playoff performance in years.

it was just one poster to be fair. lol that william something guy

I think there were a couple of others too, but yeah I think it was beetlebum who was leading that charge.

You should have seen the comments on twitter and FB.  There were quite a number of idiots who suggested we trade Schneider and make KK our starter.  It was especially loud around the December timeframe before Cory went on that monster run.

The New York Rangers don't exist after a loss or a non-playoff year.

Apparently not.

There is a good part of me that wants to go there just to see how the crowd reacts after a loss.  More especially after they are eliminated.  I literally want to drink their tears.

Apparently not.

There is a good part of me that wants to go there just to see how the crowd reacts after a loss.  More especially after they are eliminated.  I literally want to drink their tears.

Yeah but that means hanging around with Rags fans and that's only good in individual cases.

Did you read that TB wants the arena filled with TB fans so they won't accept out of State credit cards for tickets unless the owner of the card contacts them directly. Then they have section clubs that opposing fans can't wear a opposing teams shirts, they tell the to take them off or they give them a shirt to put over it. Very cleaver this is only for playoff games.

Well it didn't really work well because there were a butt load of Rags fans there last night. Many NY transplants I assume.

My cousin and her husband moved from NJ to Tampa for a period of their lives. 1995-02 I believe. They used to go to Lightning games to see the Devils and other times probably when they were in the Trop. They got chased by Phil Esposito once because they said something about his GMing skills early on.

Neighbors were confused on June 24th 1995 why they were shooting off fireworks when July 4th was weeks away.

My cousin and her husband moved from NJ to Tampa for a period of their lives. 1995-02 I believe. They used to go to Lightning games to see the Devils and other times probably when they were in the Trop. They got chased by Phil Esposito once because they said something about his GMing skills early on.

Neighbors were confused on June 24th 1995 why they were shooting off fireworks when July 4th was weeks away.

Lmao this is great