2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

The only argument I can make for sitting Henry for Game is this....

He's mentally tired. He had to play every game in the first two rounds under the gun 2-1 2-1 2-1 2-1 2-1 - that's BRUTAL on a goalie to HAVE to stay that sharp. They haven't had 2 full days rest between games, barely had that between series...so I think that's the only case to give him an extra day off and a team a kick in the pants to play Talbot. 

Not saying I would, or you could, but it's the only argument I can think of.

Nah there's no way they do that. It'd be akin to benching Marty for an ECF game in his prime, it would've never happened. GRANTED, he never let 12 goals in back to back games, but still, he's their Marty.

Nah there's no way they do that. It'd be akin to benching Marty for an ECF game in his prime, it would've never happened. GRANTED, he never let 12 goals in back to back games, but still, he's their Marty.

The first question Vigneault was asked yesterday at his media availability was 'Is Lundqvist your game 4 starter?' His reply was: 'Is that a serious question?' And that's exactly what my reply would've been too.

The first question Vigneault was asked yesterday at his media availability was 'Is Lundqvist your game 4 starter?' His reply was: 'Is that a serious question?' And that's exactly what my reply would've been too.

"Is it true that if you don't use it you lose it?"

"Is that a serious question?"

I still don't understand how the ducks are this good.

They have an elite first line that is weighed down by Patrick 'luckiest man alive' Maroon, unchanged almost all season long. Their second line is fine and the bottom 6 are nothing special. For defense they have probably an above average top pair in lindholm and beauchamin and an average-ish 2nd and 3rd pairing.

Over the season, they were 10th in GF and 20th in GA. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off all season and it never happened. I must be missing something.

he did allow 10 goals in back to back games once inthe playoffs, and 8 goals in backa to back games 3 or 4 times...

They have an elite first line that is weighed down by Patrick 'luckiest man alive' Maroon, unchanged almost all season long. Their second line is fine and the bottom 6 are nothing special. For defense they have probably an above average top pair in lindholm and beauchamin and an average-ish 2nd and 3rd pairing.

Over the season, they were 10th in GF and 20th in GA. I keep waiting for the wheels to fall off all season and it never happened. I must be missing something.

I have no idea how a team could have 100+ points but have a goal differential of +10 for a whole season.  People say it's a testament to how they can win close but I just think they're here because they played Winnipeg and Calgary in the first two rounds for 9 games.  Their playoffs haven't been a grind and they're much more fresh than the Hawks because of it.  I'm still holding out for the Lightning to beat the Rangers because I do not want to rely on the Ducks to stop them from the cup.

i'm physically unable to enjoy the playoffs until the Rangers are out of it. I always pride myself on being calm and rational but there is something about the rangers that just infuriates and enrages me.

Quite the contrary with me. I love watching them lose. After they're eliminated it gets a bit boring (as long as we're not playing obviously).

If Patrick Maroon is the luckiest man alive, then that line isn't weighed down. They have a good bottom six that plays hard every single shift, they have a great goaltending situation, Fowler is under rated, as is Depres( Pitt fked that up pretty bad ) and are a very young team in general. Yet their arena seems empty a lot, yet still loud lol.

If Patrick Maroon is the luckiest man alive, then that line isn't weighed down. They have a good bottom six that plays hard every single shift, they have a great goaltending situation, Fowler is under rated, as is Depres( Pitt fked that up pretty bad ) and are a very young team in general. Yet their arena seems empty a lot, yet still loud lol.

Yeah i mean I'm not saying they should be a bad team, but their roster doesn't scream #1. The goaltending situation is just ok, .914 SV% out of Anderson and Gibson is good for like 30th in the NHL among goalies with ~15 GP. Fowler is good and Depres is probably right where he should be as a #4 defenseman. As for the bottom six, yes they probably slot somewhere towards the middle of the NHL.