2015 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd like to take this moment to reiterate my appreciation of the Tampa Bay Lightning for defeating the Rangers

"When Valiquette made his playing debut in 2000, he was the tallest goaltender to ever play a game in the NHL at 6-foot-6. Ben Bishop, standing 6-foot-7, has since surpassed Valiquette as the tallest

I don't think Washington choked. I really don't. Even up 3-1, I thought the Rangers had a better chance to win the series. I don't think it's a choke losing to the President's trophy winners. 

Posted Images

Move to Quebec already, jeez!

Only way a team goes to Quebec is if after two years of getting their asses kicked in the first round of the playoffs the Red Wings start whining about "rivalry and tradition" and bitch and moan their way back into the Western Conference ......the East is already one team too many as is

Only way a team goes to Quebec is if after two years of getting their asses kicked in the first round of the playoffs the Red Wings start whining about "rivalry and tradition" and bitch and moan their way back into the Western Conference ......the East is already one team too many as is

True, but I've wondered why they didn't consider moving Nashville to the East. They could rival the Rangers and Lightning if they were on this side of the divide at least imo.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

True, but I've wondered why they didn't consider moving Nashville to the East. They could rival the Rangers and Lightning if they were on this side of the divide at least imo.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Simple answer, the Red Wings whined, bitched and complained until Bettman did what they wanted.....this seems to happen way too often in the NHL (notice who's pushing for the 3 on 3 OT as well....)

Simple answer, the Red Wings whined, bitched and complained until Bettman did what they wanted.....this seems to happen way too often in the NHL (notice who's pushing for the 3 on 3 OT as well....)

And notice who pushed and benefited most from the implementation of compliance buyouts. Sure it benefitted a little bit of everybody but Rangers, and to a lesser extent at that point in time, Flyers made out like the biggest bandits; but THE TIMING. Wade Redden, the Gomez trade happened the year prior, etc. You know Glen Sather's whispering in Bettman's ear at that point. And watch, we'll mysteriously see more compliance buyouts implemented when Lundqvist begins his decline.

And I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but the timing and severity of the punishment on us re: Kovalchuk's first contract; and lack thereof on some pretty major teams. There's a bunch of back office shadiness that happens, that we all just blame Gary Bettman for by default.

We can't underestimate the pull of large market teams when they want to sit down and "have a meeting" with Bettman and "get something done". He's from New York/New Jersey and you know that's how we get things done for better or worse.

Edited by DJ Eco

Worst goaltending in the SCF Z since... Chicago and Philly a few years ago?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If Bishop just stayed in his crease, Hedman would've been able to play that puck no problem. I have no idea what he was thinking.

Having seen the first goal I feel that Hedman was actually in the wrong. Should Bishop have been out there? Probably not. But he does get there first and for some reason Hedman reaches in and knocks the puck away just as Bishop is about to clear.

Having seen the first goal I feel that Hedman was actually in the wrong. Should Bishop have been out there? Probably not. But he does get there first and for some reason Hedman reaches in and knocks the puck away just as Bishop is about to clear.

Communication needed to be better, so they are both to blame- but I thought Bishop came too far out. If he just stays in the crease, Hedman would've reached that puck and been able to play it relatively easily.

Hedman was looking at Keith and getting his angle/body right, didn't see Bishop until last second? Or am I wrong there?

Hedman was looking at Keith and getting his angle/body right, didn't see Bishop until last second? Or am I wrong there?

Yeah looked like hedman was focused on the Blackhawk and didn't expect his goalie to be that far out of net. Bishop should have given him a heads up.

Communication needed to be better, so they are both to blame- but I thought Bishop came too far out. If he just stays in the crease, Hedman would've reached that puck and been able to play it relatively easily.

Yeah I agree if Bishop is coming that far he has got to make a call. But I just don't see how Hedman wouldn't have seen him. He looks up before he plays the puck. It's almost like he was shocked bishop was the he through instinct tried to play it past him.

I though he had a look back at goal quite early on in the play and bishop had already started to move but maybe I am wrong.

He is 100% focused on the puck and the black hawks player just before the collision though.