Devils 2014-2015 Off Season Thread

Jerzey

Ok, well then don't worry about writing out a long thing again.  I don't care to hear about which rumors you decide are "worthy" to speak about, and by extension everyone else.  Maybe next time Sterio should just say "what if" instead of "I read."  It's not like it was "6th pick for Crosby."  That is, unless you wanted to close the Off Season Thread too?

Cool post and cool avatar bro. Gonna see the Descendents and ALL for the first time FINALLY this summer. can't wait. And it's not a rumour and i didnt just read it on a bullsh!t website, its official, i got my ticket and all. 

Cool post and cool avatar bro. Gonna see the Descendents and ALL for the first time FINALLY this summer. can't wait. And it's not a rumour and i didnt just read it on a bullsh!t website, its official, i got my ticket and all. 

That's awesome!  That band is the last vestige of my youth I keep.  But I'm gonna need at least 2 sources from the Descendents before I believe it or willing to talk about it.

http://fireandice.northjersey.com/fire-ice-1.174987/scott-stevens-says-devils-got-the-right-guy-in-john-hynes-staying-in-n-j-his-first-choice-1.1347914

Although he lost out on the head coaching job to John Hynes, Scott Stevens hopes to continue to be a part of the Devils coaching staff.

Stevens said he would be very interested if Hynes and new GM Ray Shero wanted him to return as an assistant, continuing the work he did in the second half of this past season working with the Devils' defensemen.

“I'm open to everything,” Stevens told northjersey.com today. “Obviously, they just hired a new coach and they have to sort things out and go through the process.”

I don't particularly care if Stevens is back or not. Young defenseman are there to be taught, and any assistant coaches are there to work extensively with them, so chances are if you are a young defenseman, you are going to learn a lot from a coach working with you. And if the media asks about an assistant working with you, well you are going to say good things.

Stevens was here for two seasons in '13 and '14, and we never heard much about him then. With the coaching changes it became a topic of discussion, so we all of a sudden had articles and quotes about his work. Not saying he was great or terrible then, just if you ask the questions, you'll hear positive stuff.

All of that sounds pretty negative, but it's just the reality. I'm not sure you can glean too much from what young kids say about their coaches.

john-cena-hynes_zpst6audzkq.jpg

Lol, perfect.  I'm not gonna lie, I feel like Scott O'Neill made them have a catch phrase just like a pro wrestler for the marketing.

Anyone else loving the lack of words like: "compete", "grit", "size" and "effort" from Shero and Hynes?

Yeah, I hate guys that have those things too. >.>

Buzzwords are ok if they're the right ones

That's all they are...words.  Nothing against Shero and Hynes at all (I'm on board with both of them being here) and I hope they do great things here, but it's going to be actions and the success of those actions that we'll judge them on in time.  Marshall said it perfectly...press conferences like this are often gung-ho and filled with different ways of saying "We'll get this fixed" (usually in the most exciting way possible).  Easy to say, harder to accomplish. 

That's all they are...words.  Nothing against Shero and Hynes at all (I'm on board with both of them being here) and I hope they do great things here, but it's going to be actions and the success of those actions that we'll judge them on in time.  Marshall said it perfectly...press conferences like this are often gung-ho and filled with different ways of saying "We'll get this fixed" (usually in the most exciting way possible).  Easy to say, harder to accomplish. 

Well, yeah. Shero has been in charge for about a month, which has coincided with the playoffs. It's not like he has had much time to do much. I do like the hiring of Hynes and I think it's good he didnt hire a Carlyle or any other dinosauric coach. It shows he's not delusional about the state of the team and that the team needs a leader who can grow with the team. Now if he goes out and signs top UFAs like Frolik and Vermette to bad contracts then he's full of sh!t and we're in trouble. Not capwise but philosophically.

Even though words are just.....words it's a start that he isnt looking for quick fixes like Lou and he's willing to let the team go through some growing pains. Isnt this what most of us wanted? We've been begging for a quicker team for years. It's nice that that trait is finally being emphasized. I'm sure Shero is watching the playoffs and seeing that fast teams like TB, NYR, CHI are the ones having the most success.

just read from a couple different sources that the rangers may consider trading rick nash due to cap space issues.. dont know exactly how reliabe the sources are one of them was the score. What do you guys think about that.. 42 goal scorer sure does sound quite good right about now

just read from a couple different sources that the rangers may consider trading rick nash due to cap space issues.. dont know exactly how reliabe the sources are one of them was the score. What do you guys think about that.. 42 goal scorer sure does sound quite good right about now

We don't trade with the Rags. No chance.

with lou as gm we have never traded with them ( i think).. with shero as the GM.... wait wait, yea i know lou is still running the show blah blah blah..i dont think this team has the option of being picky if a deal comes around for a player that can help turn this teams direction around.

with lou as gm we have never traded with them ( i think).. with shero as the GM.... wait wait, yea i know lou is still running the show blah blah blah..i dont think this team has the option of being picky if a deal comes around for a player that can help turn this teams direction around.

Didn't we swap picks a decade or so ago?

The Devils and Rangers are not making a trade for Rick Nash. It's not even worth discussing.

never said the devils were making a trade for him..just stated i read from more than one source that the rangers may be looking to shop him out to make some cap room. I also stated a player like nash happens to be someone we need desperately. thats all.