Devils 2014-2015 Off Season Thread

Jerzey

just read from a couple different sources that the rangers may consider trading rick nash due to cap space issues.. dont know exactly how reliabe the sources are one of them was the score. What do you guys think about that.. 42 goal scorer sure does sound quite good right about now

I don't think there's much of a point. We either don't make the playoffs or we do and Nash doesn't show up for them.

Also trading within this division doesn't happen too much, and especially not with names like that.

Friedman is reporting that Malkin is not happy in Pittsburgh. Anyway Shero can somehow make a steal of a trade with our lack of assets? Lol. Wishful thinking. I just hope they don't do a Nash Malkin swap.

No on both counts. We dont have the assets and they're not going to trade Malkin to the Rags.

Friedman is reporting that Malkin is not happy in Pittsburgh. Anyway Shero can somehow make a steal of a trade with our lack of assets? Lol. Wishful thinking. I just hope they don't do a Nash Malkin swap.

malkin would be wonderful to have here to I would love that..can't see him having any desire to want to come play here if he has a ntc and will only accept a trade to certain teams..not sure what we could send the other way either

If Pitt trades Malkin, it's going to be for multiple pieces that can help Crosby win in what's left of him prime. I would think it would be to a team like St Louis who could send Backes, Oshie and Fabbri or some package like that back to Pittsburgh.

Malkin makes no sense for NJ given the current state of the roster.

Malkin is an amazing player... but a lot of good years are behind him now and he didnt get the job done in pittsburgh lately playing with a "better roster" than what we have now  and his play will drop at some point. We can't give our young players for him IMO.

Thats a guy if you can sign in the summer sure, but we can't take a step back (trading our youth) for a guy his age

Malkin is an amazing player... but a lot of good years are behind him now and he didnt get the job done in pittsburgh lately playing with a "better roster" than what we have now and his play will drop at some point. We can't give our young players for him IMO.

Thats a guy if you can sign in the summer sure, but we can't take a step back (trading our youth) for a guy his age

As a guy who has him on his fantasy hockey team, I can also say he gets hurt A LOT.

As a guy who has him on his fantasy hockey team, I can also say he gets hurt A LOT.

we already have an injury prone #23..although he wasnt bad for his first year with us..but what little talent we do have or aquire its pretty important they arent constantly out with something

we already have an injury prone #23..although he wasnt bad for his first year with us..but what little talent we do have or aquire its pretty important they arent constantly out with something

Here's a potential angle: Maybe, just maybe, the Pens decide to give him up for not very as long we eat the entirety of Malkin's contract.

My logic behind this, besides having been drinking already, is that PIT's owners are looking to sell. Take Malkin's contract off the books could make it that much easier to sell the team.

Eh, we can always dream big...

Here's a potential angle: Maybe, just maybe, the Pens decide to give him up for not very as long we eat the entirety of Malkin's contract.

My logic behind this, besides having been drinking already, is that PIT's owners are looking to sell. Take Malkin's contract off the books could make it that much easier to sell the team.

Eh, we can always dream big...

lol that sounds like a pretty big pipe dream! but hey we can dream i guess.

I like the idea of going after Carl Soderburg. Anyone else agree, or am I wrong on this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha, I came in here to opine on him and you and Jason have already done so. I think he's a no-brainer for this team. I'm guessing he'll go in the 4.5m range.

What does everyone expect our opening roster to be next year

this is going to be tough to see..someone posted something it could look like the other day and it was pretty ugly.. if we find a RW we had potentially a solid first line with camm. and zajac centering and then our second line is really a third line and then we have two 4th lines for the rest of the roster..ugly no matter how you slice it Edited by 2ELIAS6

I'd love to offer him $12M/2 to come here but I doubt that's a very interesting proposition for him. Devils should at least be in the mix for him though, yeah, though the fact that he's 30 when the season begins gives me some pause.

A young 30 though in that it doesn't seem he has a ton of mileage on him even for that age. I'd take a risk on four years if that's what it takes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk