Devils 2014-2015 Off Season Thread

Jerzey

Tri, but one year maybe a two-way deal? What do we have to lose on taking a chance. i thought these were the types of signings you were a fan of.

Oh, I never said my opinion, I was just explaining why Buffalo was giving up on him.   Yeah, I'd be okay with a one-year deal for him but I don't think it would end well - NJ just doesn't have the pieces to make it work.  Two-way deal is pointless.

Oh, I never said my opinion, I was just explaining why Buffalo was giving up on him.   Yeah, I'd be okay with a one-year deal for him but I don't think it would end well - NJ just doesn't have the pieces to make it work.  Two-way deal is pointless.

Buffalo is bailing on him because of his contract. (buy-out likely) For any other team, he'll be a reclamation project because he was decent in Vancouver.

(which throws up a red flag)  He won't sign a 2-way IMO. A one year is worth the risk for us, hopefully he doesn't go the way of Mike Komasarik  (went downhill and never climbed out). You gotta admit, Buffalo was a tough place to play & stay motivated. 

Tri you mentioned Grigorenko (looks like he might sign in KHL- better $$, and doesn't have to EARN a spot) I always wondered if Yotes would trade rights to Tikanov (sp?) or the guy in Jets org. (can't thin k of his name). Maybe  coming here would be a new beginning? We can only go upward

Do any of those teams actually have the cap room for him? Unless it was something nuts like Kessel + stuff for Malkin....

Kinda what I was thinking, most of those teams don't have cap space. For it to work with those teams, it would need to be a hockey trade rather than a rebuilding trade, which I don't get the sense that Toronto is interested in.

Mantha is on the block cause the Red Wings are really really disappointed with his play last year. That seems awfuly odd? its one season. That's giving up fast on a kid and coming out like that publicly is dropping his value even further.

If the Red Wings are down on a young player like that, there's probably a very good reason why.

I know we all dont like Cory trade proposals, neither do I but sometimes its fun.

If Tampa does not win the cup and are unhappy with Bishop maybe we can do a Schneider plus something else to grab Drouin and Vasilevsky? Vas is suppose to become a solid goalie. This would definitely help in the rebuild by landing Drouin. I love Cory to death but by the time we are competitive again he will be aging.

I know we all dont like Cory trade proposals, neither do I but sometimes its fun.

If Tampa does not win the cup and are unhappy with Bishop maybe we can do a Schneider plus something else to grab Drouin and Vasilevsky? Vas is suppose to become a solid goalie. This would definitely help in the rebuild by landing Drouin. I love Cory to death but by the time we are competitive again he will be aging.

I would want more but Im greedy

Mantha is on the block cause the Red Wings are really really disappointed with his play last year. That seems awfuly odd? its one season. That's giving up fast on a kid and coming out like that publicly is dropping his value even further.

He may have been overhyped a bit based on his size and goal production in juniors. A lot of scouts questioned his consistency however and how he would play a full game in the NHL.

I can understand. Several of those teams have championship or at least playoff potential. The future for the Devils is still pretty foggy.

Edited by CarpathianForest

Like i said of Mantha 2 years ago... I dont want him. I saw him play a lot in Val dor.... Some game he is good... Oter night he become a Ghost. Not a guy playing great if he dont score he become useless. Wasńt great in playoffs when the game demand more grit, more speed, less space. So never loe Mantha as a player. He had top 5 stats an was select 20.

no one wants to come play here..nothing new.

That is not true at all. Plenty of players want to come to the Devils. Only thing is they're all over the hill and they know they can get a contract with no expectations. It used to be that NYR and FLA was the place players would go to end their careers. Now it's NJD.