Devils 2014-2015 Off Season Thread

Jerzey

Anyone think the Devils move Cammalleri for younger assets? I'd bet he would waive his NTC to go to a contender. Can't imagine he wants to waste any more years on a non-playoff team.

He signed a 5 year deal post Parise/Kovalchuk and we were already missing the playoffs. I don't think Cammalleri is upset at all here. With that said I'd explore the trade route in 3 years for sure.

Anyone think the Devils move Cammalleri for younger assets? I'd bet he would waive his NTC to go to a contender. Can't imagine he wants to waste any more years on a non-playoff team.

not sure why we would even want to move him he was basically our best forward all through last season. I get the whole we need young players etc etc but we need veteran players with experience to guide the young guys that we do have as well. Cam isnt going anywhere.

Not sure if this is big enough news to warrant it's own thread, but Todd Cordell just tweeted that Cammy is switching to #13 for next season.

I'm in favor, if that's how Ray wants to run his organization. The whole number thing was a Lou rule, but Lou is gone now to another team, so I see no reason to keep the policy. I'm sure players didn't totally care about it either way, but I'm also sure they would prefer whatever number they want.

I'm in favor, if that's how Ray wants to run his organization. The whole number thing was a Lou rule, but Lou is gone now to another team, so I see no reason to keep the policy. I'm sure players didn't totally care about it either way, but I'm also sure they would prefer whatever number they want.

I thought it was just a Lou rule, but I've heard some people only in the last year or two claim its actually a McMullen rule that Lou kept alive.

Either way doesn't bother me much.

should be good to piss off everyone that bought one of his jerseys

I was thinking about it and he should have just kept his #23.  A lot of people will now be running to the customizers now or going on the Chinese websites to get a new knockoff.

I think there is room for Sal in the Alumni association.  He would make a great fit.  Always been incredibly nice with the fans.

Sal the player is the guy you just wish would retire so you don't ever have to watch him play again.

Sal the person seems like the guy you'd be blessed to have as a friend or neighbor.  Seems like as nice a guy as you could possibly meet.

I'm not buying the Cammalleri switch until someone legitimate posts it. Cordell is garbage and no one trustworthy has picked up on it. Chere hasn't even posted a click-baity say-nothing "article" yet and he'll take any excuse to post an article that says nothing.

Cordell has actually had some decent scoops in the last year.  He had Renat Mamachev, a defenseman no one had ever heard of, coming to NJ camp as a tryout way before Gulitti or Chere did.  I'm inclined to believe this one.