Devils 2014-2015 Off Season Thread

Jerzey

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 3m3 minutes ago

Chris Phillips will be fine for camp. Will skate this week. #Sens have spoken to Martin Havlat's agent Allan Walsh about possible PTO.

Looks like I might finally be able to cross Havlat off in the original post.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Saw this posted on HF...

Ex-Cosmos exec named as Devils Chief Marketing and Innovation chief

http://blog.northjersey.com/meadowlandsmatters/11999/ex-cosmos-exec-named-as-devils-chief-marketing-and-innovation-chief/

The Devils and Prudential Center announced today that Daniel Cherry III has been named Chief Marketing & Innovation Officer. Cherry will report to New Jersey Devils and Prudential Center President Hugh Weber.

As CMO, the team says Cherry will oversee “the strategic direction and implementation of all marketing, communications and community initiatives. He will be tasked with driving the evolution of the organization’s brands and raising awareness of the company’s unique culture and world-class assets by engaging New Jersey’s diverse sports and entertainment fan bases.”

“Daniel’s unique skill set acquired through his eclectic experience will be the force behind solidifying the power of our brands to drive growth for our current and future fans,” said Weber. “In finding someone with his abilities who also shares our organization’s commitment to bring transformative change, we were rewarded for our patience.”

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Scott Gomez, Steve Bernier won't get tryout invitations from Devils

While it is likely Ray Shero will invite at least one player to attend training camp on a tryout basis, the Devils' general manager is not considering extending an invitation to either Scott Gomez or Steve Bernier.

"That's not a direction I'm looking to go at this point. I think we made a decision back before the draft to let (Bernier) go to free agency and let him go in a different direction," Shero told NJ Advance Media. "Obviously they haven't signed anywhere yet, but I'm sure they are working on some things themselves.

"With Scott, as I've said before, it really wasn't so much about him but more us going in a different direction and giving an opportunity to younger players. We drafted (Pavel) Zacha and I've talked about (Jacob) Josefson."

Devils add Patrick Rissmiller as development coach

The Devils continued building their development staff by hiring former NHL player Patrick Rissmiller today as a development coach.

Rissmiller, 36, joins Scott Clemmensen (goaltenders) and Pertti Hasanen (skills) on the organization's development coaching staff.

Devils hire Andy Schneider as amateur scout

The Devils added to their scouting department today by hiring Andy Schneider as an amateur scout. Schneider. 43, worked the past three seasons in the Columbus Blue Jackets' organization with the Devils' new director of amateur scouting Paul Castron, who was hired on July 31.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Jeez, they're really cleaning house over there...

Devils cut ties with longtime team doctor Barry Fisher

Barry Fisher, the Devils' team orthopedist since the club moved to New Jersey from Colorado in 1982, has joined the list of personnel to leave the organization this summer, NJ Advance Media has learned.

Dr. Fisher, 64, was one of the Devils' two original physicians for the inaugural 1982-83 season along with internist Richard Commentucci. Fisher was the team's lead doctor for 33 years before a change was made in May.

"Dr. Fisher will not be back," Devils general manager Ray Shero confirmed.

Michael K. Shindle, who is from Madison, N.J., is now the Devils' team orthopedist.  An attending orthopedic surgeon at Summit Medical Group, Shindle was Team USA's doctor at the world championships in Prague. He serves as team physician for the New York Red Bulls of the MLS and as an orthopedic consultant for the NFL Giants.

Edited by Jerzey Devil

i like the idea of the bobble heads but was also thinking the exact same thing when i saw them announced on facebook.. why no elias.. but whatever, anyway why are we having 2 retro nights? Is this a ploy to try to lure more fans into the building?

Yes, bobbleheads and wearing the jerseys are "ploys" to get more people into the building. The games are more fun with a packed house so the more the merrier to me.