What would you trade for McDavid

roomtemp

Its based on the idea that he would demand a trade like he should if he had any sense

Look, this whole idea he should demand a trade is ludicrous. McDavid changes the game for any franchise he goes to. Edmonton will not continue to suck with him there now. People need to just accept it and drop the whole 'Duhhhh Edmonton' meme, because even they can't fvck this kid up. And even in the event he wanted to act like a little entitled bitch and demand a trade, we have nowhere near the assets it would take.
  • Like 1

Look, this whole idea he should demand a trade is ludicrous. McDavid changes the game for any franchise he goes to. Edmonton will not continue to suck with him there now. People need to just accept it and drop the whole 'Duhhhh Edmonton' meme, because even they can't fvck this kid up. And even in the event he wanted to act like a little entitled bitch and demand a trade, we have nowhere near the assets it would take.

So they just screw up everyone around him wasting his best years. He has the leverage he'd be dumb to not use it and not go somewhere that isn't a cesspool of mediocrity

So they just screw up everyone around him wasting his best years. He has the leverage he'd be dumb to not use it and not go somewhere that isn't a cesspool of mediocrity

He's not a spoiled little a$$hole like Lindros was. He'll go there and if he doesn't like it, he'll leave in 7 years.

In 7 years he'll be 25. He'll be right in the middle of his prime. And he'd be the most coveted free agent in YEARS at that point in time if it ever happens.

And he'll be the same thing in a team that isn't a depressing cesspool and he'll have those 7 years back as well

And he'll be the same thing in a team that isn't a depressing cesspool and he'll have those 7 years back as well

Well, maybe McDavid's attitude is that he can go there and help turn it around. Not all great players are entitled little twat stains like Eric Lindros who make demands when they haven't played a shift in the league yet. Great players like McDavid generally seem to have the mindset that they are part of the solution. Gretzky felt that way, which is why (among other reasons) he agreed to be traded to what at the time was a sh!tbag, laughingstock franchise in the Kings. Five years later, they were in the Finals.

Well, maybe McDavid's attitude is that he can go there and help turn it around. Not all great players are entitled little twat stains like Eric Lindros who make demands when they haven't played a shift in the league yet. Great players like McDavid generally seem to have the mindset that they are part of the solution. Gretzky felt that way, which is why (among other reasons) he agreed to be traded to what at the time was a sh!tbag, laughingstock franchise in the Kings. Five years later, they were in the Finals.

Gretzky agreed to be traded to LA because of the market and his wife. Kobe Bryant, John Elway, Bill Russell and Eli Manning all players who manipulated themselves into different teams using the draft and they are all winners. Sometimes you have to look out for yourself.

The problem is that what would be "fair" for the Devils to offer would not be accepted by Edmonton. The Devils would have to vastly overpay in order to even get to the table. So in all honesty, I don't think the sacrifice would be worth it - regardless of the players that are thrown out for the discussion.

The problem is that what would be "fair" for the Devils to offer would not be accepted by Edmonton. The Devils would have to vastly overpay in order to even get to the table. So in all honesty, I don't think the sacrifice would be worth it - regardless of the players that are thrown out for the discussion.

Honestly the Devils have pieces to spare in the area the Oilers are worst at defense put according to Twitter the Oilers are run by crazy people and think they need more scoring forwards.

Honestly the Devils have pieces to spare in the area the Oilers are worst at defense put according to Twitter the Oilers are run by crazy people and think they need more scoring forwards.

What "spare" pieces would even get you close to that trade?

The Devils D is rediculously overated. It isn't that far off from the forwards in terms of mediocrity.

What "spare" pieces would even get you close to that trade?

The Devils D is rediculously overated. It isn't that far off from the forwards in terms of mediocrity.

It depends on how you look at it. They currently aren't very good, but the core is extremely young and they are already playing at a "mediocre" level. in 2-4 years we will have one of the best D cores in the league.

I disagree. Not that I'm saying we should trade for the 1st or even that it's a remote possibility, but we're at the bottom pretty far from putting a decent group together. Move all of our best assests for mcdavid and start over with him, ship 20 guys down from Albany and we're pretty much in the same place we are right now

It depends on how you look at it. They currently aren't very good, but the core is extremely young and they are already playing at a "mediocre" level. in 2-4 years we will have one of the best D cores in the league.

Trading hopes for a generational talent is Millbury bad GMing.  i guess on a team this bad fans need something to cling on to. I am not enamored by this D in the slightest. The x factor is with Adam. If he can improve his skating exponentially, then his upside may be exciting.  He still looks like he struggles with players coming down the wall with speed and the game is only getting faster. I am not sure how I fell about Merrill, hopefully,if he is here next season he takes a step forward offensively. Gelinas, may be someone you can hide if he has a stronger partner, even then not sure he can play at this level on a nightly basis. LL may be willing to give these guys some more time in order to develop/boost value. I don't see this team being much better next season, so unless LL feels his job in jeopardy I don't see a fire sale of our supposed plethora of young d-men. And just stop, if you think EDM would trade McDavid for them even if Schneids was included.

Trading hopes for a generational talent is Millbury bad GMing.  i guess on a team this bad fans need something to cling on to. I am not enamored by this D in the slightest. The x factor is with Adam. If he can improve his skating exponentially, then his upside may be exciting.  He still looks like he struggles with players coming down the wall with speed and the game is only getting faster. I am not sure how I fell about Merrill, hopefully,if he is here next season he takes a step forward offensively. Gelinas, may be someone you can hide if he has a stronger partner, even then not sure he can play at this level on a nightly basis. LL may be willing to give these guys some more time in order to develop/boost value. I don't see this team being much better next season, so unless LL feels his job in jeopardy I don't see a fire sale of our supposed plethora of young d-men. And just stop, if you think EDM would trade McDavid for them even if Schneids was included.

I didn't say anything about a trade with Edmonton. You just said our Defense is mediocre, our defense is going to be very good, I think you are underestimating how young they are is all.

And you are right this team is going to suck again next year, and the year after that and probably the following year. We need an entire top 6. And until we hit rock bottom we probably wont really rebuild our forward corps the way it needs to be done.