What NHL forward is currently worth the 6th pick

sundstrom

Larsson and Severson are off limits. If other teams want a young d-man, they'll get Merrill and/or Gelinas and like it. Or they can piss off.

Just don't expect much in return. You trade Merrill or Gelinas and you are getting a project the other way. You trade Larsson (who I am positive the Devils won't), you get something a bit more substantial, but he isn't going to be a key piece in any deal for a good young player.

Yeah, have to agree with others.  Larsson is a non-starter.  Severson is just about a non-starter for me, unless we're getting a Drouin-type forward (young, star potential) player back.

I've completely lost faith in Gelinas, so I'd like to see him shipped out.  Merrill..meh, he's shown he's capable of playing good D at least.  

Yeah, have to agree with others. Larsson is a non-starter. Severson is just about a non-starter for me, unless we're getting a Drouin-type forward (young, star potential) player back.

I've completely lost faith in Gelinas, so I'd like to see him shipped out. Merrill..meh, he's shown he's capable of playing good D at least.

If you value Adam over Seversen, I am not sure I can continue the conversation on that trade.

It's gotta be Yakupov, if anyone.  Not sure I want to even touch that.  Russian factor aside, he's struggled big time.

Given Yakupov's struggles, would you say Gelli for Yakupov straight up is a fair swap?

Yea, he wears a visor and high sticks people. Russians are dirty cowards who don't respect the game.

Unlike that ankle slashing good ole Canadian boy Bobby Clarke. He just wants to win at any cost.

On a serious note that would be intriguing  don't know if the Oilers would do it as  Gelinas would be par for what they already got up there in terms of defensive play so not much of an upgrade at that end of the ice. But they did say offense wins hockey games so more out of their blueline would peak their interest

Realistically without throwing in the 6th pick I don't think Edmonton would bother picking up what we're putting down. Edmontn is going to want to show something positive. There's only so far they can go without being competitive. They're going to be wanting some veteran D. The only thing close to that we have is Andy Greene and I don't want him n the trade block.

It will have to be a package for a younger, impactful(or potentially impactful) player in a Stamkos, Drouin, ROR or Couture, even a Malkin(if healthy could really turn this team into a playoff contender). Doubt Edmonton is gonna trade Hall. Also perhaps a smaller package for a Strome. Other than that unless they draft a d-man, Crouse or worse take the 6th and run.

Edited by Marv4Life

If you value Adam over Seversen, I am not sure I can continue the conversation on that trade.

Guess we shouldn't.  I don't think Severson is lightyears ahead of Larsson, at all.

He's going to struggle next year, like Larsson did during his second season - as all sophomores do.  

A whole lot of you sure are enamored with the kid after just 51 games.

Given Yakupov's struggles, would you say Gelli for Yakupov straight up is a fair swap?

I'd do it, but I doubt Edmonton would.  Hard to imagine they'd ship off a former #1 overall pick for a major project defenseman this early.

Yea, he wears a visor and high sticks people. Russians are dirty cowards who don't respect the game.

Not even remotely what I was implying, way to show where your head's at though.

I don't want to have to worry about the kid fleeing to the KHL should he continue to struggle in the NHL.

Maybe that's a stupid concern, but after we just got completely burned by Kovalchuk I'm just a wee bit wary.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Guess we shouldn't.  I don't think Severson is lightyears ahead of Larsson, at all.

He's going to struggle next year, like Larsson did during his second season - as all sophomores do.  

A whole lot of you sure are enamored with the kid after just 51 games.

I'd do it, but I doubt Edmonton would.  Hard to imagine they'd ship off a former #1 overall pick for a major project defenseman this early.

Not even remotely what I was implying, way to show where your head's at though.

I don't want to have to worry about the kid fleeing to the KHL should he continue to struggle in the NHL.

Maybe that's a stupid concern, but after we just got completely burned by Kovalchuk I'm just a wee bit wary.

Kovalchuk was definitely a rare case. Is there really much NHL level talent over there besides him? Radulov, but wasn't he having discipline problems and contract disputes with Nashville? Anyone else? For the most part, this is where the top players want to be, and I'm not too concerned about it.

If Edmonton wants useful roster pieces in return they will have to offer up Eberle or Draisatl. Yakupov isn't going to get it done. I don't see them trading RNH or Hall at all.