RAY SHERO = NEW GM. Coach decision is Shero's.

ghdi

Lou remains as President

@FriedgeHNIC 
Lamoriello says it is his decision with 100 per cent support of management.

@FriedgeHNIC 
Lamoriello says the coaching decision will be Shero's call

@FriedgeHNIC 
Lamoriello says no compensation to PIT

Edited by ghdi

If its anything to do with Lou, Id imagine its a retirement announcement. In other words, it probably has nothing to do with him. TG speculates maybe something to do with Marty. I would second that guess. 

I cant see a trade being its the playoffs and it seems a bit early for coaching announcement unless Oates or Stevens is the guy.

Contract extension for a player seems possible as well, but I dunno why it'd require a conference call. Thats something they can just do a press release for. 

Probably something lame and uneventful. Like the AHL affiliate leaving Albany.

I hope it isn't to announce Brodeur as his apprentice or something. Marty being GM one day means Marty getting fired one day, and I have no desire to see this franchise have to ever fire Marty.

Would Lou hold a press conference to announce he was fired? If it's about him, which I doubt, it would be to announce his retirement. I can see it being a coach but why not wait until the season is officially over for that? Strange time for a press conference.

Is there a stream for this?

Edited by Jerzey Devil

Lou approaches the podium and puts on glasses:

"Ladies and gentlemen, the orange crop estimates for the next year.  After calculating the estimates from various orange producing states, we have concluded the following...The cold winter has apparently not effected the orange harvest..."

• Like 2