RAY SHERO = NEW GM. Coach decision is Shero's.

ghdi

We dont know anything about this yet. Lou hasnt been fired, he's the President of the team and is above the GM. He is been getting older, his health may not be so good, maybe he just cant handle the day to day duties anymore. We have no idea if he was just kicked upstairs or went on his own accord. We know nothing.

Pretty happy about this, we all respect what Lou has done over the years and we likely don't have those 3 banners hanging in our arena without him, but it was time for a change and just a new set of eyes to bring this team into a new era. If this really was Lou's idea, I applaud him for his selflessness.

WOW. Just like anything Lou-related, this came out of nowhere. 

We dont know anything about this yet. Lou hasnt been fired, he's the President of the team and is above the GM. He is been getting older, his health may not be so good, maybe he just cant handle the day to day duties anymore. We have no idea if he was just kicked upstairs or went on his own accord. We know nothing.

The man is 72 and still basically single-handedly running this franchise. How long can you go like this?

I really like this, too. Couldn't imagine Lou getting fired. We don't know exactly what happened behind the curtain, but he's staying as president, so clearly it's not like the ownership has had it with him and is kicking him out. Gradual changes, I like that. Still, an end of an era and a huge day in club's history. Can't help but feel a bit nostalgic. :)

Yes, I made up that TG tweet. Didn't think anyone was going to believe it. I guess anything is possible.

Eh, Lou's got so many arbitrary rules, especially with the media, I'll believe anything at this point