Lou Lamoriello Appreciation Thread

MadDog2020

At the Meadowlands, my seats were in front of the box Lou sat in for all home games. During game 3 of 1995 SCF he asked me where my mother was.  She used to go to all the games with my brother.  I had my own seats.  I told him that she had passed away the night of game 1.  A dear family friend, who Lou recognized, was wearing the NJD shirt my mom wore to games.  Lou also knew he was a NYR fan.  He expressed his condolences and told our friend that what he did was noble.  When we won game 4, Lou opened the glass and said the Devils won the cup for her.  I will always remember his concern and kindness.

That's a really cool story. Who knew he was such a softie?

At the Meadowlands, my seats were in front of the box Lou sat in for all home games. During game 3 of 1995 SCF he asked me where my mother was.  She used to go to all the games with my brother.  I had my own seats.  I told him that she had passed away the night of game 1.  A dear family friend, who Lou recognized, was wearing the NJD shirt my mom wore to games.  Lou also knew he was a NYR fan.  He expressed his condolences and told our friend that what he did was noble.  When we won game 4, Lou opened the glass and said the Devils won the cup for her.  I will always remember his concern and kindness.

A great man

At the Meadowlands, my seats were in front of the box Lou sat in for all home games. During game 3 of 1995 SCF he asked me where my mother was. She used to go to all the games with my brother. I had my own seats. I told him that she had passed away the night of game 1. A dear family friend, who Lou recognized, was wearing the NJD shirt my mom wore to games. Lou also knew he was a NYR fan. He expressed his condolences and told our friend that what he did was noble. When we won game 4, Lou opened the glass and said the Devils won the cup for her. I will always remember his concern and kindness.

The thing about Lou... He's an even better person than he is an executive.

Thanks for sharing, sad but nice story.

One of the greats.

I'll miss the weird idiosyncrasies that come with cheering for a Lou team. Limited number jerseys, no facial hair, players wearing suits, and grabbing every former we can find just because.

His philosophies as a manager are one of the reasons I've been fan of the Devils since childhood despite living nowhere near New Jersey.

Cheers Lou.

Oh and great trade? I know Bryce Salvador isn't that popular right now. But Cam Janssen for Bryce Salvador? Still don't believe it.

Edited by devils102

I've said this elsewhere, but Lou is the reason I'm a Devils fan and not a Rags fan. I'm nothing but grateful for everything he's done for this franchise. Forever, in Lou we trust.

I love that he brought this up again i today's press conference:

“I can recall years back when we in my mind had a team that could win the Stanley – and this was (before) we won it – and we lost a center named Patrik Sundstrom. It took a little while to replace him and that was one player. So, when you lose two ...”

Simply the best. Ever.

But in all honesty, we shouldn't even be having this discussion. The fact that Lou was forced out of the GM position on this team is a travesty. I'm sorry, but I'm just finding it very difficult to like this team going forward after the disrespectful stunt these owners pulled. I may just follow another sport until they leave or Lou is reinstated. At least show some respect for Lou and bring his son Chris into the fold as Assistant GM under Shero. It's the least they could do. Just pathetic.

Simply the best. Ever.

But in all honesty, we shouldn't even be having this discussion. The fact that Lou was forced out of the GM position on this team is a travesty. I'm sorry, but I'm just finding it very difficult to like this team going forward after the disrespectful stunt these owners pulled. I may just follow another sport until they leave or Lou is reinstated. At least show some respect for Lou and bring his son Chris into the fold as Assistant GM under Shero. It's the least they could do. Just pathetic.

Good you and beetlebum can stop watching the devils. Please I beg you both.

• Like 1

Simply the best. Ever.

The owners did show respect for Lou they kept him on as President of hockey operations with the GM reporting to him. No way Shero brings in Chris as AGM he would be surrounded by Lams

The owners did show respect for Lou they kept him on as President of hockey operations with the GM reporting to him. No way Shero brings in Chris as AGM he would be surrounded by Lams

The man's powers have been stripped. How is that showing him respect!!?? Lou was poised to turn everything around, starting with this upcoming draft and free agency period. But he gets cast aside right before he has the chance to do so. Fvck these owners and fvck this team.

So they're supposed to just let Lou stay on for as long as he wants and hire his son just to please him? He shouldn't be held accountable for anything? I always thought "In Lou We Trust" was just a meme. I didn't think people actually thought he was a god.

The man's powers have been stripped. How is that showing him respect!!?? Lou was poised to turn everything around, starting with this upcoming draft and free agency period. But he gets cast aside right before he has the chance to do so. Fvck these owners and fvck this team.

Poised to turn the team around?  If last year (after missing playoffs) was any indication of improvement,  Lou fell a lil short. I love/respect LL as much as anyone.  It was time for  change. If Shero screws up bad enough Lou can fire him. Lou will always be a god