Interesting Happenings down south

William D'Aquila

I will be sure to top this when we have a cartoon Devil as our crest in a few years.

Oh stop beetlebum and who cares.  That Franklin is just the secondary logo too that will hardly be used.  The main logos are really not much different than the current ones.

We already had a cartoon Devil with Lowell for a few years anyways and Lou didn't nix that.  How do you explain that? 

Oh stop beetlebum and who cares.  That Franklin is just the secondary logo too that will hardly be used.  The main logos are really not much different than the current ones.

We already had a cartoon Devil with Lowell for a few years anyways and Lou didn't nix that.  How do you explain that? 

Maybe that was a little Lou decision.

Maybe that was a little Lou decision.

And what about the cartoony River Rats jerseys in the 90's?  Lou personally vetoed the black version of the Albany jerseys that they were going to wear as well as the 10th anniversary jersey in 2002-03 season where the main logo was an X and instead they used a small patch.  Lou had no problems vetoing that but left the primary logo, a cartoon rat, in place.

You are really reaching here beetlebum.

We already had a cartoon Devil with Lowell for a few years anyways and Lou didn't nix that. How do you explain that?

The Lowell crest was awesome. I'd be ok with a "realistic" looking Devil on a 3rd jersey, like the Skating Devil logo they had on some merch a few years back.

A cartoon Devil like the mascot? No thanks,

Edited by mfitz804

The Lowell crest was awesome. I'd be ok with a "realistic" looking Devil on a 3rd jersey, like the Skating Devil logo they had on some mercy a few years back.

A cartoon Devil like the mascot? No thanks,

I have been begging someone for an isolated picture of just the Devils for years. I had a custom sticker made at Seaside and put it on the back of my first car and have wanted the design to get a new one since.

This is can be said to most of his posts.

Edited by Fred Garvin

It makes me laugh that last week the OP said he would no longer follow the team if Lou was replaced.

A lot of people make threats like that, hopefully those who opposed the Tootoo signing and threatened to leave if he was back have gone.

We have the best jersey imo in all of hockey, second to the blackhawks (same logo for my hometown syosset braves), so changing the logo is just insanely dumb,  We do have a "3rd jersey" in our throwbacks, though I think they should wear them twice a year, once on st patricks day, and once on the last home game before Christmas (they are Christmas colors after all)

• Like 2

Pretty much every single third jersey concept I have seen for the Devils I have hated.  The best one I have seen I had pretty much a meh response to.  I figure at this point a 3rd jersey is inevitable, whether it be in a year or in 10 years.  It is bound to happen and Lou can't and won't be in control forever.  I just hope it is not a black jersey which has been done into oblivion and is very un-creative.

I too thought we should break out the retros twice a year and a few months ago put out the idea of doing the one time at Christmas and one time on St. Patty's day as well here.  Other posters said it would water it down and I kind of have to agree with that after thinking about it.  I think what they should do instead is alternate the red and white retros every year.  Even years get red and odd years get the white retro treatment on St. Patty's day.  I think that would be neat.

• Like 1

This guy (not sure if he posts here) BackHandedDevil makes some awesome Devils graphic designs and he came up with a decent alt jersey a few weeks back

Check out @BackhandedDevil's Tweet: https://twitter.com/BackhandedDevil/status/580095680531816448?s=09

I immediately think the old Hurricane's black or even the Blackhawks' black when I see that

I know it'd make sense for us to go with a black jersey, but like DevilMan said, it's so freaking over done. Hell even the sharks wear freaking black.

And that beast logo from the previous page in this thread is from years ago, and it's atrocious