Leafs sign Babcock - 8 yrs 50MIL

Mods if this doesn't deserve its own thread please feel free to delete

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2471001-mike-babcock-to-maple-leafs-latest-contract-details-comments-reaction

The Maple Leafs announced the deal Wednesday afternoon:

Brendan Shanahan, President and Alternate Governor of the Toronto Maple Leafs, announced today that Mike Babcock has been named the 30th head coach in the club’s history. Babcock, 52, joins the Leafs after serving as head coach of the Detroit Red Wings for the past 10 seasons. 

According to Darren Dreger of TSN, Babcock's deal with the Maple Leafs will pay him around $50 million for the next eight years:

Sources say Mike Babcock has been hired by the Maple Leafs. Mammoth 8 yr contract believed to be around $50 million.
— Darren Dreger (@DarrenDreger)

Edited by jim777

Can someone clear this up for me? I swore I heard on the radio this morning he was going to buffalo... Was that reported wrong or did I mishear?

Anyway we knew if the leafs offered him crazy money he'd go, otherwise everything else equal he'd stay in Detroit. This is crazy money and then some.