Confirmed: Sergey Kalinin to devils.

caron14

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does Shero make this signing??? I mean he's been there 5 minutes, doesn't know too many things about the players we do have, yet he picks a random dude up from Omsk?

Chill out no big deal... If he play on our third line he could be great. He is captain at a young age for some reason. Young guy with a big body. worth a shot.

KHL Profile -- Elite Prospects Profile

Listed by EP as 24 years old, 6'3, 190 lbs. and as a LH C/RW. 31 goals and 38 assists in 213 KHL games (0.32 Pts/GP) which doesn't really pop out. Had a NHLe of 28 last season and 21 the year before. I feel those usually tend to run fairly high but there you go anyway. Shot at 8.0% in 2013-14 and 8.9% last season. Improved his shots per game rate from 2.0 in 2013-14 to 2.3 last season. Went from 46.6% on 305 faceoffs in 2013-14 to 50.3% on 569 faceoffs last season. Also saw his ice time jump up from 13:35 to 16:00.

First KHL goal and that hit he took below:

Can't really find anything about his game at the moment. Going off basic numbers, doesn't seem like much but maybe they get a useful 4th liner out of him if things go the right way.

How does Shero make this signing??? I mean he's been there 5 minutes, doesn't know too many things about the players we do have, yet he picks a random dude up from Omsk?

First off, it's not confirmed.  So there's that.  Second, this may have been someone the Penguins were scouting years ago but didn't sign for whatever reason, or could have been someone the Devils were scouting and that the scouts recommended Shero sign.  It's entirely possible that even if he does sign that he may go back to Russia and play on that contract.

He wouldnt be signed for long term or huge money, at best he contributes on a team that is not likely to see itself in a position to contend, at worst it doesnt work out and we cut and run.

I dont see how anyone can look upon this negatively at this point. We're going to lose a few players from last year's roster as it stands.

KHL Profile -- Elite Prospects Profile

Listed by EP as 24 years old, 6'3, 190 lbs. and as a LH C/RW. 31 goals and 38 assists in 213 KHL games (0.32 Pts/GP) which doesn't really pop out. Had a NHLe of 28 last season and 21 the year before. I feel those usually tend to run fairly high but there you go anyway. Shot at 8.0% in 2013-14 and 8.9% last season. Improved his shots per game rate from 2.0 in 2013-14 to 2.3 last season. Went from 46.6% on 305 faceoffs in 2013-14 to 50.3% on 569 faceoffs last season. Also saw his ice time jump up from 13:35 to 16:00.

First KHL goal and that hit he took below:

Can't really find anything about his game at the moment. Going off basic numbers, doesn't seem like much but maybe they get a useful 4th liner out of him if things go the right way.

why does it look like he had a seizure after that hit? Like that was legit convulsions

Good idea. Anything that creates competition and changes up the bottom lines especially. We'll see if this actually comes to fruition.

First off, it's not confirmed.  So there's that.  Second, this may have been someone the Penguins were scouting years ago but didn't sign for whatever reason, or could have been someone the Devils were scouting and that the scouts recommended Shero sign.  It's entirely possible that even if he does sign that he may go back to Russia and play on that contract.

I really don't, I was just thinking out loud. I'd rather keep trying guys like this than call up Timmy.